Idea for new DVC Park Pass

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
For DVCers that would like a more cost effective pass, what about a new DVC Hopper Pass that lets you stay in the parks by the hour, instead of the whole day. It could work similar to a typical phonecard, you "clock in and clock out" of the parks. This would fit the typical DVCers vacations style much better, and it would encourage people to use the parks frequently just in shorter time periods. Hours would not expire.

Disney wouldn't even have to "discount" it, the idea of which seems to offend some people. :rolleyes: :confused: It would just be prorated to fit hour by hour usage, and it could also contain the typical flex features like the current hopper.

With this option, DVC members would only be given the perk of a different manner of usage, not a cost break.;)

Sounds like a really interesting idea. It seems that more and more often, I am spending a day of my pass to go to the parks for 5 or fewer hours. I would love to clock in for dinner at Epcot on days that I wasn't doing any other park activity. The turnstyles already have monitoring capability within their computers, why not this.

it does sound interesting, but i wouldn't want the headache of keeping track of my hours to verify against their total. i'd settle for a decent discount on aps.

I'd forget to check out and get charged for four months in the park, Disney would forclose on my house !!!! :eek: ROFLOL.

Vernon, too funny. If that's the case, you better not get a 900 number.....spruce

I'd choose either! Having a break on ap's would be a nice idea! Besides, Disney knows that whatever break they give us, we will spend it on another Disney related item/feature!

You have my vote for a "pay as you go" or special DVC annual pass rate.

Disney, are you listening..........

I am wondering how many of us would really forget to check out. I know that every time I leave the park, I get my hand stamped, even if I don't plan on returning, Just in case....

I never get my hand stamped. I don't understand if you have an annual pass what the point of getting my hand stamped is. That way I don't have to wait in line.

I wonder if such a pass- an hourly pass- could not be sold for MORE money-thanks to its flexibility and increase in # of days in the parks. I would bet that those interested would pay a premium to have such flexibility-Maybe 10% more for this pass over a typical one day pass. Since the hours per pass currently fluctuates from 10 to 16 hours maybe ($55/12hours) would be a starting place...Unfortunately- if Disney doesn't come up with this on their own, I think there is no way to get them to think about it...I don't think Disney will take unsolicited ideas Look how they got sued (SUCCESSFULLY!-and ridiculously) for "stealing the Wide World of Sports!

Paul

Somehow, I don't think that DVCers would forget to "clock out" at the end of their park stay. We are used to rules, and I think this would be one more to add to the rule list. When is the last time you forgot to bank your points??? Maybe an official DVC stopwatch would be free with your first DVC Hourly Hopper Pass........The real danger here is for other park guests that get in the way of a DVCer trying to exit before getting charged for another hour. Someone could get trampled in the flurry. :eek: :eek:

If for some reason you forgot to "clock out", you would get docked till closing time of the day of entry. And of course, you would never forget again. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter