Ideas for a special mother/daughter day?

MischaOz

DIS Veteran
Greetings! DD7 and I will be spending a day at MK in early August. We are fairly regular visitors, so we have done pretty much all of the main attractions. I am wondering if anyone has ideas for something new/special that I can do for my daughter there. To give you an idea, we have already ridden all the rides, played Sorcerers of the MK and Pirates Adventure, eaten at BOG several times, done mermaid makeover at Pirates League, and gotten a painted umbrella in Liberty Square. I know the obvious would be BBB and CRT, but my daughter is not really into princesses so I’m having a hard time justifying the price for something she’s not likely to be that excited about... Any ideas?? Thank you!!

I would definitely get her silhouette cut. I regret not doing that when mine were small.

You’ve done lots of the special stuff. Maybe a dessert party?

MNSSHP starts August 16th this year. If your trip ends that late, I might recommend it. The Boo to You parade is awesome and it’s really fun to wear costumes in the park. But the first party night usually sells out and is too crowded for my taste so late August MNSSHPs would probably be the way to go.

Speaking of crowds, the HEA dessert party is fun and an excellent way to secure stress-free viewing without having to stake your spot hours early/get crowded out.

I know you said MK and not AK, but if you’re regular visitors maybe you have APs? I haven’t done the Caring for Giants tour but every review I read says it’s amazing.

I think it’s really sweet you’re going to have a special day with your daughter; whatever you end up doing, enjoy!

The tea at GF as pp mentioned is so much fun! They have something for the kids to drink too, so she wouldn't have to drink tea. I enjoy being in the GF; it's someplace I would never stay, so I find it to be a treat.

Thanks for the suggestions! Sadly we did not renew our APs this year as we don’t have any big trips planned and we live in Wisconsin. We’re visiting family in St. Augustine and then going to DAH at AK on 8/12, but I feel like I need to squeeze an MK day in there too! :lovestruc

I know you said MK, but if AK is an option, my 9 year old daughter is so excited to be doing Wild Africa Trek when we go next week. And the reviews I've read are universally good.

I know you said MK, but if AK is an option, my 9 year old daughter is so excited to be doing Wild Africa Trek when we go next week. And the reviews I've read are universally good.
Love this idea, but the minimum age is 8. But I am going to remember this for next year if we keep up with our August/end-of-summer trip tradition!!

My then 8 year old enjoyed the tea we had at GF, although she liked my sandwiches better than the ones on the kid's plate, LOL! I ended up eating her ham and cheese and tuna while she at most of mine. We enjoyed just having some quiet time to talk and try the different foods. We've both agreed we probably wouldn't do it again, but we were glad we did it.

Horseback riding at Tri Circle D ranch might be an option. Or mini golf? Is there another restaurant she's always wanted to try?

On Main Street, on the right if you’re facing the castle. On or near the little side street. My friend did her daughters on their first trip and it’s so cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!