Ideas for a special suprise for my DP when we are in Disney

Artaxx

Earning My Ears
Hey everybody...I was just wondering if anyone has set up any special suprises for thier DP to be waiting in thier hotel room when they arrived. My DP and I will be in Disney in may, and I really want to set up something really special for him. Maye some kind of disney-themed basket, or wine, or balloons. we are staying at Port Orleans. Anyone done this? Any ideas? Thanks

On our first trip together in Dec 2001 I suprised my DP with the following, all set up by the wonderful Jane of Gifts of a Lifetime:

A gift basket on our arrival at Port Orleans Riverside full of stuff like snacks, pressed penny book, plush toys and cinnabons!

On our first morning we went to MK, I told Jane I wanted to check out the Wishing Well by the castle. When we got there there was a card with her name on it and a magic wand, when she opened the card she read the following:
"If you wish to be joined together with your beloved in Disney magic, wave the wand above your head"
When she did this Jane and her Pixies appeared and we had a blessing, right there in front of the castle! Jane had arranged for Deb Wills to perform the blessing (this was a suprise to me!) which was amazing as I LOVE her website! We were given Mickey ears and lanyards and exchanged pins instead of rings!

When we returned to POR there was another gift basket with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a box of scrummy chocolates!

My DP was totally shocked by this and I really enjoyed doing it for her! To this day we celebrate 2nd December as our anniversary, I can't wait to get back there this December for our 5th Anniversary, we'll definitley be going to the Wishing Well to remember the occasion!

I know that there is a lady on the DIS (feralpeg I think.. ) who does wonderful baskets, if you do a search on her name you should find her or check out gifts of a lifetime who did such a great job for us!

IlluminationsUK said:
On our first trip together in Dec 2001 I suprised my DP with the following, all set up by the wonderful Jane of Gifts of a Lifetime:

A gift basket on our arrival at Port Orleans Riverside full of stuff like snacks, pressed penny book, plush toys and cinnabons!

On our first morning we went to MK, I told Jane I wanted to check out the Wishing Well by the castle. When we got there there was a card with her name on it and a magic wand, when she opened the card she read the following:
"If you wish to be joined together with your beloved in Disney magic, wave the wand above your head"
When she did this Jane and her Pixies appeared and we had a blessing, right there in front of the castle! Jane had arranged for Deb Wills to perform the blessing (this was a suprise to me!) which was amazing as I LOVE her website! We were given Mickey ears and lanyards and exchanged pins instead of rings!

When we returned to POR there was another gift basket with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a box of scrummy chocolates!

My DP was totally shocked by this and I really enjoyed doing it for her! To this day we celebrate 2nd December as our anniversary, I can't wait to get back there this December for our 5th Anniversary, we'll definitley be going to the Wishing Well to remember the occasion!

I know that there is a lady on the DIS (feralpeg I think.. ) who does wonderful baskets, if you do a search on her name you should find her or check out gifts of a lifetime who did such a great job for us!

Thanks Illuminations...that sounds amazing. I think I will probably go with a cool gift basket with our favorite Disney candy from feralpeg, as you suggested. Can't wait...hanks for your help.

Peggy's site is www.peggyssweetsandmore.com and she does amazing work! I wanted to order from her last year, but she was taking a break from baskets during our trip. I have heard nothing but fabulous comments about her baskets and she really seems to go out of her way to make everyone's basket personal and special.

Have fun on your trip! :)

You're costing me money Artaxx, after waffling on about what I did last time I'm now thinking about sorting out one of Feralpegs baskets for our best friends who we're taking to WDW in December... grrrrr :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter