Ideas for cocktail hour....

MATTERHORN

<font color=purple>HA HA take that all of you unco
Hello all! Kinda sad to see the boards so quiet!!

So I've been asking questions here for my daughter. Does anyone have any ideas for the cocktail hour? If the ceremony is at WP and hoping for reception at Spaceship Earth Lounge or GM Lounge, where would you do your cocktail hour? Is there space directly connected to those so that it can be in those locations but not in the actual reception room? Was thinking of maybe somewhere at GF so that we'd just hang there for a while, but if you pick a different venue like Whitehall Patio, would we have to meet another minimum? Also, I think that might be kind of a far walk from the WP just for cocktails before getting on a bus for EPCOT.

Has anyone done Mizner's/ now Enchanted Rose in the middle of the day for cocktail hour? The only ones I've seen searching here have been where they had the reception at Citricos. Also, can't find a fee or minimum for that location anywhere! Searched Carrie's book too!

Thanks in advance, open to any other ideas as well!

Enchanted Rose Lounge has not been made available by the resort as a private event venue, which is why it's not in my book! GM Lounge has a space where you can hold the cocktail hour, just outside the main reception space. Spaceship Earth Lounge has two rooms, so if your group were small enough you could do cocktail hour in one and the meal in the other. But they're not separated by doors, so there wouldn't be any way to keep people out of the reception area. If you choose a spot at the GF for the cocktail hour, you will have to meet a separate food and beverage minimum there.

Enchanted Rose Lounge has not been made available by the resort as a private event venue, which is why it's not in my book! GM Lounge has a space where you can hold the cocktail hour, just outside the main reception space. Spaceship Earth Lounge has two rooms, so if your group were small enough you could do cocktail hour in one and the meal in the other. But they're not separated by doors, so there wouldn't be any way to keep people out of the reception area. If you choose a spot at the GF for the cocktail hour, you will have to meet a separate food and beverage minimum there.

Thank you so much! So I guess if they do the first look, then we can skip cocktail hour and everyone heads to the venue and then would everyone just be seated or in the reception space before they get there? Hopefully Enchanted Rose might be available by then!! If not, she definitely said we will invade the lounge after the reception since it will be ending kinda early if all goes her way!

So I guess if they do the first look, then we can skip cocktail hour and everyone heads to the venue and then would everyone just be seated or in the reception space before they get there?

Yes, this is one of my top tips for saving time, money and guests from boredom (maybe it's just me, but cocktail hour is a snoozefest without the couple!). And their planner can still arrange it so they are the first to enter the reception space, leading their guests, if that's important to them.

We agree with lurkyloo...you ain't doing a traditional wedding if you're doing Disney. Guests who gave the bride and groom their Saturday and/or vacation time don't want to go to Disney world and just go drinking at a bar. That's what staying at homes for. We had a Disney wedding and kept in the front of our mind the whole time "our guests sacrificed their vacation time and a lot of money not for our wedding, but for our Disney wedding...let the guests enjoy Disney world".

We agree with lurkyloo...you ain't doing a traditional wedding if you're doing Disney. Guests who gave the bride and groom their Saturday and/or vacation time don't want to go to Disney world and just go drinking at a bar. That's what staying at homes for. We had a Disney wedding and kept in the front of our mind the whole time "our guests sacrificed their vacation time and a lot of money not for our wedding, but for our Disney wedding...let the guests enjoy Disney world".

We actually live here so the majority of people attending the wedding go to Disney quite frequently. They will stay on property to be close to festivities, but most won't be making a vacation out of it.

And it's kind of because we live here that we are trying to do the dessert party with ride mix ins, or the farewell breakfast in a park, etc. so that most of our guests that go ALL THE TIME like us will have something different and unique to do for the wedding!

I guess we are kind of a different situation than most here.

yeah, im definitely out of my element here then. it would sound like im trying to be a wet blanket on your party if i said anything else. have fun regardless and good luck to the newlyweds!

yeah, im definitely out of my element here then. it would sound like im trying to be a wet blanket on your party if i said anything else. have fun regardless and good luck to the newlyweds!

No worries, I appreciate all thoughts either way!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!