Ideas for family (matching?) clothing...

dbb727

Mouseketeer
Needing some inspiration to finalize our Disney wardrobe. Please post your favorite family clothing pics or ideas that you’ve liked in the past, doesn’t have to be match-matchy, I’m hoping to just find some versatile colors/styles so our family looks cohesive in photopass pics!

I don’t have pictures because this is for our trip that starts this Friday 8/17. I will try to remember to come back and share pictures. I find it easiest to work with a color scheme (I’m a photographer and that’s what I suggest to clients as well- decide what one person will wear and work your way around from there).

If it helps, here are our coordinating outfit ideas:

Saturday (Epcot): red/ gray/ white/ blue (14 yo has a t-shirt from Disneyland Paris that was a gift that she really wanted to wear for a picture at the France pavilion and I worked around the colors of that).

Sunday (MK): “Mickey colors,” red/ black/grey/ yellow (2 yo is having his first haircut and has a red Mickey polo so I worked from there)

Monday (Ohana breakfast): DH, 11 yo, 2 yo in Hawaiian shirts (they have to wear them once on every vacation- it’s their “thing”), 14 yo and I are wearing navy (just what we happened to have left after I packed everything else)

Tuesday (HS): Star Wars (mostly grey and blue because that’s what everyone’s Star Wars t-shirts are. 11 yo has a t shirt with a storm trooper eating popcorn. I worked from there.

Wednesday (MK): “Monsters Inc” (really just bright fun colors but 14 yo pointed out the connection). I’m in pink (Boo), DH is in purple (Randall), 14 yo is in green (Celia), 11 yo is in lime green (Mike Wazowski), and 2 yo is in teal (Sully)

Thursday (pool day, dinner): no real theme here. Just nicer outfits to wear to dinner

Friday (AK): teal and grey. Mostly what was left after the packing. 14 yo has a teal peacock shirt and 2 yo has a teal dinosaur shirt so I rolled with that.

ETA: I barely have my act together well enough to pull this off, and I like to work with clothes we already have, so buying matching shirts doesn’t work out for me (I’d never place an order in time).

Shopdisney.com has some great family shirts that either match or just go together. I bought a set for the 4 of us last year for our trip last May and got a lot of compliments since they were the same theme, but weren't the same shirt.

But we also all wore incredibles t-shirts and matched completely!

I would look at the shop disney site and also, other ideas, maybe all wear a shirt from the same movie, but the shirts aren't the same, but the theme is the same. Easier than trying to find all matching shirts in the right sizes. I've had good luck at Kohls and Target for those shirts.

We all have different stitch shirts that we wore to Ohana for breakfast. Girls wear Minnie shirts and boys wear
Mickey shirts for first day at mk. My son has a monsters inc room and I got cute monsters university shirts from Brand by you (they were an Etsy shop at the time but I think they’ve branched our). We did lion king shirts for animal kingdom. I usually get most shirts from kohls and sometimes target. Have fun!!

I'm planning for our December trip, and have these picked out for our DHS day:

Star Wars Group Shirts.jpg

Theme-y, but not actually matching, and very little cost - DS and I already had ours, and I got DH's at a Disney outlet yesterday for $2.99!!

I have a green sundress and flowery headband for Te Fiti, my husband has a retro surf t-shirt that says Maui (the island) one daughter has lacy shorts and a red shirt for Moana and the other has a blue green top and shorts with waves. She'll be the Ocean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter