Ideas for the recipe board

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
What would you all think of doing a topic of the week? It could be a type of food or a cuisine and then we could post any recipes we have that go with the topic. It would not mean that anyone couldn't post any other recipe that they were interested in sharing or that anyone couldn't seek any recipe, but it would give us a topic for discussion.

What do you guys think? Any ideas?

I like that idea a lot. It would be especially good if we could do seasonal produce or something that "fits" that time of year, like stews in the winter and no-cook meals when it's hot outside.

I just bought a huge bag of locally grown peaches yesterday, and I'm going to an apple festival next weekend, so I'm looking for peach and apple recipes. :D

That sounds great. Somethings I would like to see;
1. Crock pot recipes
2. 1 dish meals
3. cooking for 2
4. cook ahead and freeze
5. desserts (always a good one)
6. Gift jar/gift foods
7. Holiday foods
8. appitizers
9. Favorite holiday food theme- picnic foods, Thanksgiving, Christmas...
10. Kid friendly food!

Just some off the top of my head would make good topics!

to for a few years, we even had a cookie exchange for the holidays. Thanksgiving recipes . Also we did recipes that we take to family gatherings.

That's a great idea...I especially enjoyed the "cheesecake thread" Recipes and Scrapbooking, my two favorite things. What more could I want....(besides another trip to WDW??)

Candi

Great Idea Beth! You could even do things like your favorite chicken recipe or your favorite healthy recipe...etc etc :)

Sounds like a great idea, I am always on the lookout for quick and easy recipies of all types!
Grover in Winnipeg
:smooth:

Thank you for all the positive feedback and good ideas!

You are a great bunch! :D

This is a great idea.

I don't know if I will be able to contribute to any of the threads, but I will be doing a lot of lurking, just in cast I have to cook something.

Don't get me wrong, It's not that I don't like to cook, it's just that I have no reason to cook. In my day, I was considered a pretty good cook. I'm just out of practice.

Chessie

Great idea! I say ditto to the list that Spinning gave.

I think I will start this next week. How does that sound to you all?

Go for it! Just let us know when you choose the first topic. This should be fun.

Yes Beth start it and tweak along the way if necessary.

It is a great idea, and with the upcoming seasons it should be fun and helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter