Ideas on how to freshen up Hogwarts robes?

fredandkell

I'd rather be cruising
So my kids have worn them twice in the parks and they are a bit sweaty. The label says dry clean only. I don't think I have time to get that done by Friday, when they want to wear them again for costume day at school. Any hacks for at-home freshening that doesn't hurt the material? (These are the "real" ones from the parks.) Thanks!

So my kids have worn them twice in the parks and they are a bit sweaty. The label says dry clean only. I don't think I have time to get that done by Friday, when they want to wear them again for costume day at school. Any hacks for at-home freshening that doesn't hurt the material? (These are the "real" ones from the parks.) Thanks!

My son has Ravenclaw, purchased at Universal in Orlando. Yes, tag say's Dry Clean but I wash his in cold water, gentle cycle, garment turned inside out and hang to dry on a padded coat hanger. No issues at all and many times too. It's polyester.

I believe my wife has some sort of spray I believe it’s Tide brand that she has used on our sons, it still looks like new to me!

My son has Ravenclaw, purchased at Universal in Orlando. Yes, tag say's Dry Clean but I wash his in cold water, gentle cycle, garment turned inside out and hang to dry on a padded coat hanger. No issues at all and many times too. It's polyester.

We have brought them back for friends kids and they have all washed them that way so they`ve said.

Last time I saw one of the robes we bought about three years ago, they still looked like brand new.

Yep, it`s fine to wash them that way.

Thanks y’all. As expensive as those darn things were, the last thing I wanted to do was ruin them, ha!

I've never put my son's robe in the dryer. Use a mild detergent too. Tide is great for removing summertime stains; sweat, sunscreen and deodorant for regular clothing but I use a mild detergent like Woolite for the robe. And if you get greasy food stains, pretreat with Dawn dish soap and cold water. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!