Idiot's Guide to posting photos please!

fc2c6f53-859a-4882-8659-2d11b2780f61_zps923f53e1.jpg
[/IMG]

Test and am very frustrated. I did this once before and cannot remember how I got it to work. Now every time I follow the instructions for Photobucket all I get is the link which then allows who ever clicks on it to see all of my albums. Privacy settings are all locked, but this just isn't working for me. Very frustrating....

Easiest is to set up an online hosting account, like www.photobucket.com. It's free, works very well here with the boards, many use it.

Once set up, just follow the steps on that site to upload a picture, or pictures. Once uploaded, just go back to where you can see your pictures in your photobucket album and do a single left mouse click on the line of code that has IMG Code words before it (just click on the code itself, once). ** That will copy all that is needed to make the picture show up here, including any necessary code tags (do not add anything). Come back here, go to a post, single right mouse click and select paste. That's it!! :thumbsup2 Do a preview, see how it looks. If good, then post.

If you are using a picture in a signature, make sure you read their current rules in the 'sticky' that Bill has at the top of this board. If you do not have any photo edit software to resize a photo before uploading, for a signature, I would suggest maybe selecting the 'thumbnail size (160 X 120) in the 'Uploading Options' link that is right below the Upload Images & Videos box there in Photobucket, that should keep a picture within their current signature rules here. For placing in a post itself, not a signature, 640 X 480 seems to work best.

Any problems or questions, just ask.

** The Photobucket one-click copy functionality is not currently available from computers and browsers that are using Adobe Flash Version 10. When you click on a code, the code will be selected and high-lighted. You must use your computer's copy functionality to place the code into your clipboard.

Updating 2/1/2009......the above one-click function seems to be working again.

Updating 3/4/2009....the one-click seems to be not working again. :confused3

ETA....Welcome to both of you to the DIS. :wave:

Testing:

olivegardenpasta_zps4a7358af.jpeg

Anybody know how to post photos from an iPad? I've looked at the Photobucket and Flickr apps but they don't give a web address. I am using my iPad more and more now and rarely us my iMac.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!