If anyone needs me...

Last week I got out of my car with some groceries, stopped by a flower bed to pull a couple of weeds and then went into the garage to put the frozen stuff away. When I opened the freezer door, I saw something blackish/brown/roundish fall down in front of my face. I don’t know if it fell off the freezer door or fell out of my hair. I started brushing the front of my shirt to make sure it wasn’t on me, and that’s when the stinging/biting started! It had fallen down the front of my shirt and was trapped in my bra!!!!! Biting me!!! I could not strip fast enough! I never did figure out what it was. It left a small white welt that quickly turned into a giant red circle that finally faded and peeled. Based on how the bite looked, I think it might have been a wasp.

In high school DS came home one afternoon and knocked on the front door because he’d forgotten his key. When I opened the front door, I screamed. Unbeknownst to him, he had a GIANT green praying mantis sitting on his shoulder!!!!

Most insects don’t bother me terribly. But I cannot stand ticks. Nasty bloodsuckers. If I see one I put on gloves and ziploc it then kill it.

I'll take moths over scorpions!!

Same! We found one on my 3 year old's bedroom floor a couple weeks ago and I don't know how he didn't step on it. DH also showed me a pic of one he found in the backyard that was carrying her 100 or so babies on her back. I suggest you do not Google a similar image if you ever wish to sleep again.

I've been camping a lot this summer. You'd have a blast camping. It'd be pretty amusing, but a blast nonetheless. 😂

I actually love camping! In all my years of camping combined, I haven't seen as many bugs as I've seen in the last 6 weeks since moving to GA. So many spiders, ants, scorpions, tics, hornets, wasps, cockroaches, maggots, mosquitos, water bugs... I still haven't dared to venture into the sprawling woods which is my yard. I'm sure there are snakes and I've seen coons and an armadillo crossing the driveway.

Last week at All-Star Music, I was headed up the stairs late one night and a guy in front of me stopped and took a picture of something. As I came around I saw a huge insect on the column. I thought the Hopper animatronic escaped from It's Tough to be a Bug! I think it was a grasshopper, one of those big brown ones. He had to be about 5 inches long. Now, he doesn't particularly bother me. In fact he was kind of cool - as long as he stays outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter