If Disneyland reopening is similar to Shanghai, would you want a refund of your AP/tickets?

cruisehopeful

DIS Veteran
When I saw the video of Shanghai reopening, I thought that I'd probably visit once to have the experience and then probably not visit again until the face mask/no touching merchandise that you don't intend to buy restrictions were lifted. Since it's likely that the reservation dates will fill up very quickly, I also don't see myself being glued to attempting to book a reservation and spending a lot of time going through my calendar and trying to coordinate with my family members' calendars. It hit me, if Disneyland offered me out of the rest of my monthly payments for our APs, I'd take it and just not plan to go for a year or two.

Is there anyone else who would take the offer for a refund of tickets or cancel of AP and while not getting an AP refund, at least not keep making payments?

When I saw the video of Shanghai reopening, I thought that I'd probably visit once to have the experience and then probably not visit again until the face mask/no touching merchandise that you don't intend to buy restrictions were lifted. Since it's likely that the reservation dates will fill up very quickly, I also don't see myself being glued to attempting to book a reservation and spending a lot of time going through my calendar and trying to coordinate with my family members' calendars. It hit me, if Disneyland offered me out of the rest of my monthly payments for our APs, I'd take it and just not plan to go for a year or two.

Is there anyone else who would take the offer for a refund of tickets or cancel of AP and while not getting an AP refund, at least not keep making payments?
Shanghai has not restarted their APs yet - they will officially restart when the reservation system is done and parks are fully open.

As someone without an AP, I would actually be pretty excited to go to Disneyland if they had strict limits on attendance and every level of AP was blocked out entirely. That actually sounds like heaven, even if we have to wear masks and can't put our hands on things we have no intention of buying. The only hitch is that whole deadly virus thing. Best case scenario is getting a reliable antibody test to show that I've already had the disease and didn't realize it, so that I'm immune even while the outbreak continues to keep the parks on limited attendance. But most likely I would refuse to go at all until there is a vaccine.

Shanghai has not restarted their APs yet - they will officially restart when the reservation system is done and parks are fully open.

This ^. This was the first thing I noticed in the announcement several days ago about the reopening was that SDL APs were getting their passes extended the amount of time between the closure date in January and whenever the advanced reservation period ends. No way I'd give up my pass if that's how they handle it even having to wait through the advance reservation period. Not that I had any intention to regardless, but that would be a quite fair way to handle APs I think so no one feels cheated out of days.

I would definitely feel quite upset if they required reservations, limited me on the number of reservations I am allowed to make in a given period of time (SDL allows one reservation in a 7 day time frame currently until either used, expired, or cancelled), and restarted my pass in the middle of all of that. I'd be fine with my payments restarting, but I would not want a reservation period to count against me when SDL's reservation model in particular for making reservations would drastically lower the value of my pass without the added benefit of it not counting as time on the pass.

As someone without an AP, I would actually be pretty excited to go to Disneyland if they had strict limits on attendance and every level of AP was blocked out entirely.

If they followed SDL's model, no level of AP would be blocked except on days they're normally blocked. Attendance would still be limited, but you would be fighting with all level of APs not blocked on a given day (that had not already gotten a reservation in a 7 day period) to get a reservation.

I would get a refund. By the time we are able to go again, even with our passes getting the days added back when the parks were closed, it wouldn't work for us.

Let's see - no AP's and a good % of the populous scared to go? DL would be less crowded than a trip to COSTCO. Where do I sign up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!