If Everest doesn't get yeti refurb after Pandora opening, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though I think you also have to think of the trade off. If it is fix this or build the Tron coaster in Tomorrowland (not saying this is the case or anything) but I would definitely take something new and EE stays the same vs redo EE
Why can't we have both?

Though I think you also have to think of the trade off. If it is fix this or build the Tron coaster in Tomorrowland (not saying this is the case or anything) but I would definitely take something new and EE stays the same vs redo EE

Yep, which is why I have no problem with leaving it as is.

But that brings up a good point others have been saying. Why do we have to settle at all?

While I think you're right about the enjoyment being diminished in a negligible amount, I just don't think we're the demographic that matters in order to have this fixed. Right now, Universal's hot breath is bearing down on the Disney dollars and I just can't see EE being a priority when that money COULD be used for a new attraction even though Disney has the means to invest in both.

Why can't we have both?

if we can, then great, but there are always budgets and shareholders, etc. - Ideally we would get both, absolutely, just throwing it out there to frame "how important is it to you that the Yeti gets fixed?"

But the quote I gave you was from a sit down with an imagineer. I think that's as close to fact as we are going to get.

Credible hearsay doesn't make it any less hearsay. I'm not saying I debunk the theory, but we can't count it as absolute fact.

But that brings up a good point others have been saying. Why do we have to settle at all?

While I think you're right about the enjoyment being diminished in a negligible amount, I just don't think we're the demographic that matters in order to have this fixed. Right now, Universal's hot breath is bearing down on the Disney dollars and I just can't see EE being a priority when that money COULD be used for a new attraction even though Disney has the means to invest in both.

exactly! Which also brings up the construction and we know how WDW goers love construction walls ;)

But given all the work done at AK to get Pandora and the ROL stadium (and getting ROL working) - with all the work still being done at DHS and then the rumors that EPCOT is next on the list, will they want to throw up a bunch more construction walls at AK?

That is why, my guess (and totally just a guess) is that unless there are other issues with the ride mandating it gets addressed earlier this ride won't go down until after DHS work is done and after EPCOT is done (or at least mostly done) which puts it after the 50th anniversary of MK at least

if we can, then great, but there are always budgets and shareholders, etc. - Ideally we would get both, absolutely, just throwing it out there to frame "how important is it to you that the Yeti gets fixed?"
I agree with that. Disney should be held to the standard that everything is show ready and working when a park opens if the ride is operating. This goes against that. Disney should be adding to the parks and fixing things that break at the same time, it shouldn't be one or the other.

Credible hearsay doesn't make it any less hearsay. I'm not saying I debunk the theory, but we can't count it as absolute fact.
I guess but we aren't going to get straight out of Disney's mouth facts in this so that's the best we have to go by.

crying shame is Dueling Dragons at IOA, now Dragon Challenge. They now send the dragons out staggered, greatly reducing the whole point of the attraction.

Still our favorite ride over there though.

For anyone that hasn't seen the "duel" of the intertwined tracks and dragons. check the video at 1:10, and at 1:21 barreling straight towards the other dragon and at 1:24 when the other riders feet almost touch, the last duel is at 1:41.

May as well be 2 separate runs of track in opposite directions now.

And most riders have no clue it ever had that capability as well.

Didn't they stop doing that because idiots were throwing things at the other coaster?

Not really Universal's fault...

I'd say using that as a comparable is a bit too far of a stretch.

Unless the Yeti got hit with a nickel in the eye which caused the malfunction........

Didn't they stop doing that because idiots were throwing things at the other coaster?

Unless the Yeti got hit with a nickel in the eye which caused the malfunction........

Yep, bad foresight/planning/design on their part IMO. Much more negative effect on DD than EE IMO.

Don't get me started :mad:

But that's the challenge right? We want everything in pristine condition, like it was the day it opened ... we want brand new state of the art attractions .... and we want this all without rides ever going down for refurb and to never see a construction wall

oh (and at least for some) for Disney to control the weather and for them to get a seat at CRT without making an ADR

But that's the challenge right? We want everything in pristine condition, like it was the day it opened ... we want brand new state of the art attractions .... and we want this all without rides ever going down for refurb and to never see a construction wall

oh (and at least for some) for Disney to control the weather and for them to get a seat at CRT without making an ADR

No, you misunderstand. I don't mind it, unless it affects nearly every part of the property for 3+ years...

I am not sure you read my whole post - what I said at the end is if you want to argue it's a symptom of a bigger problem I can get behind that argument. A problem where "good" is "good enough" and it shouldn't be.

If you want to argue the Yeti not working is a major problem and makes the ride a "six flags" level ride...well you are paddling upstream here because it sure seems the consensus on the thread is its not.

I read every word you wrote...and I addressed that it's more than "just the yeti" for me...

...and if you notice the thread, it's pivoted (as it always does and should) right down the rabbit hole I hide in. EXPECT more. My refrain.

I love a good uphill paddle...kinesiologists agree that the aerobic benefits are far greater that way.

Translation: the "consensus" is being pulled in the direction of making disney apologies because there's a lack of options in that park (all parks...if we're honest) and they tried "something" and built a snowy mountain in Florida with a huge price tag. And didn't Touch the park for 10 years after. Thank you, oh benevolent disney:worship:

Nope...not playing on the "it's still a great ride"...for ten+ years then defense of Disney (who frankly wasn't doing a thing) over universal, sea world, etc was "they just build rides...they don't make them stories"

And now...Everest is a "great ride" without the story?

1. It's not...because dis-ites have been flooded with flat rides and simulators for 20 years...doesn't elevate anything with velocity into "great" by default.
2. Do they need the pass here? They should take the thing down immediately as soon as they get around to rounding out the park and do the fix. That is "disney worthy"...ignoring it would not be.

This is what I heard as well - but it's a shame it has an affect on the ride quality - but again it's another case if you never rode it any other way you wouldn't really notice the difference.

Yep, bad foresight/planning/design on their part IMO. Much more negative effect on DD than EE IMO.

I hate to harp on this, but how is that bad planning?

They should have known that people would throw things at people?

I'm not buying that.

The Yeti from what's been rumored seems to be a fixable issue.

You can't shoulder Universal with saving Humanity.....

I hate to harp on this, but how is that bad planning?

They should have known that people would throw things at people?

I'm not buying that.

The Yeti from what's been rumored seems to be a fixable issue.

You can't shoulder Universal with saving Humanity.....

Up to you. Guest action was not taken into consideration.

Still our fave there.

And yes, the Yeti at least CAN be fixed. I'm good with that if they do.

I personally believe this is pretty credible information, but will agree that we can't be sure it's 100% fact. I think when discussing the Yeti we need to be careful not to state anything as 100% fact. Sometimes things get repeated so often that people start to believe they are facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!