If I cancel ? Apologies if its been covered but this is complicated

marcgiu

Marc
Hi - I have a complicated one.....

We supposed to be travelling from the UK on the 26th July but are going to cancel. The points we used are

• 90 x 2018/19 use year points (Sept is our use year)
  • 250 x 2019/20 use year points
  • 250 x borrowed points from 2020/21 - 180 of which were used for a cruise on 7th August
Now - it looks like WDW will be open but the cruise is unlikely to happen. If I cancel now....what would happen to the points?

Thanks in advance :-)

I’d love to know as well! Borrowed points to book nights in September but we don’t even know if UK travellers will be allowed into USA at this point. If we cancel we’d love to know if the points will be lost are returned to their original use year!

I think if you cancel today, the only points you will be able to salvage are getting the borrowed points returned.

According to the new email, only 2018 and 2019 points used for reservations during the closure will get any extension.

Since your trips are during a time when resorts are open, I think those stuck expiring August 31st, unless you can get them to make an exception.

What I have heard about cruises that are canceled is that guests were given a voucher from DCL and lost the points. Not sure what happens if the cruise sails and you don’t go.

I am so sorry.

Thanks for the reply

That's what we thought tbh - hopefully the unique situation we are in will be taken into account.

Thanks for the reply

That's what we thought tbh - hopefully the unique situation we are in will be taken into account.
Surely they’ll have to consider the fact that the US hasn’t actually opened the border to UK residents yet. If you get them in the phone make sure to press on that!

Hi - I have a complicated one.....

We supposed to be travelling from the UK on the 26th July but are going to cancel. The points we used are

• 90 x 2018/19 use year points (Sept is our use year)
  • 250 x 2019/20 use year points
  • 250 x borrowed points from 2020/21 - 180 of which were used for a cruise on 7th August
Now - it looks like WDW will be open but the cruise is unlikely to happen. If I cancel now....what would happen to the points?

Thanks in advance :-)
Referring to your points a 2018/2019 is very confusing. I'm thinking you mean Sept 2018 points, correct? Just refer to them as Sept 2018 points (banked). Same with the other points. Just 2019, 2020 points.

You just set up a new calendar in your head (or on paper if you need it) that starts on Sept 1 and ends on Aug 31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts