If I cancel onsite Disney Hotel to book offsite hotel will I lose all my Dining Reservations?

insanedisneyfan

Earning My Ears
So here is my concern, my cousin booked Shades of Green. However, someone offered her and her family a beautiful Timeshare offsite for free, they are staying a week, so for the family of 4 they were going to save a decent amount of money. Now, when it was time to make Dining Reservations, they used their Shades of Green Reservation because they had to have one to make reservations? I found that to be strange, because if you are offsite you can make dining reservations. So if they cancel will they lose ALL Dining Reservations and I guess Park Reservations as well?

Thank you so much, she is so worried, I was worried too because she was a trooper and got up early and booked everything and got most of what she wanted, she wound up calling and that was when they told her she had to have an onsite hotel in order to book ANY Dining, which I thought was strange. I was concerned that when she cancels Shades of Green anything attached to that will cancel like her dining and her Park days. Which would be horrible. Again, thank you for your response.

Thank you so much, she is so worried, I was worried too because she was a trooper and got up early and booked everything and got most of what she wanted, she wound up calling and that was when they told her she had to have an onsite hotel in order to book ANY Dining, which I thought was strange. I was concerned that when she cancels Shades of Green anything attached to that will cancel like her dining and her Park days. Which would be horrible. Again, thank you for your response.
Anyone can make ADRs 60 days in advance, no matter where they’re staying. A resort reservation simply opens the 60+length of stay window. If she cancels SOG, she will not lose her ADRs or her park reservations (as long as the tickets are the same).

And to help eleviate those concerns , they specifically warn you that cancelling resort reservations will not cancel those dining automatically and to be aware of the No Show Cancel Fees on dining reservations.
In other words it is an added responsibility to avoid those fees.

I do have a question related to topic… lately I am finding it very difficult to cancel dining online. I have had to call direct to Cancel and avoid those fees. Sometimes it is easier to use the WDW APP and not MDE .
Is Disney “preferring “ us to use the APP ?
I don’t know why but it is easier for me to use MDE and now I am trying to relearn and train myself to use the APP automatically .
Anyway , the important thing is to remember to cancel as a separate process , one way or the other , because those fees add up quickly.

Will be in Wdw in beginning of September. Considering changing our dates slightly- instead of sept 1st - 8th, going from the 3rd- 10th. If I’ve already done my dining reservations, will I loose all of my dining and start over, or only have to do the new dates?

Will be in Wdw in beginning of September. Considering changing our dates slightly- instead of sept 1st - 8th, going from the 3rd- 10th. If I’ve already done my dining reservations, will I loose all of my dining and start over, or only have to do the new dates?
Nope. Your resort reservation opens your 60+length of stay ADR window. Otherwise those ADRs are not connected to the resort reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter