If I change who is on my package will I lose my fastpasses?

Karol Kam

Earning My Ears
Hi all,

I have looked all over and can't find the answer to this specific question, so my apologies if it is there and I missed it.

I am heading to a conference on Disney property this fall and will be staying onsite at POFQ with a package. My mom is booked to come with me and hang out for the week, but she has had some serious cardiac issues this year. While she is doing fairly well, I am concerned that she could encounter health issues that might make her have to cancel on me close to the reservation date (after fp+ are made). If this (God forbid) happens, I am hoping that my DH will be able to come along instead (if not, I'll still go solo).

My first question is this: if only ONE person is deleted from a package (but no other changes are made to the reservation) after fp+ are made, will it affect fp+ for others in the group? Will everyone else lose their FP+?

Second question: Should I add my DH to the package now before we make FP+ so he has some in his own name, and just cancel him if everything goes well with my mom's health concerns or if he can't make it and I have to go solo?

Third: If I delete my mom from the package and then add DH after we make FP+, can he have her FP+ since he is joining the same package? (I feel like probably not, since I assume that FP+ are not re-assignable...?)

TIA for advice from anyone that has experience with this!
Karol

Hi all,

I have looked all over and can't find the answer to this specific question, so my apologies if it is there and I missed it.

I am heading to a conference on Disney property this fall and will be staying onsite at POFQ with a package. My mom is booked to come with me and hang out for the week, but she has had some serious cardiac issues this year. While she is doing fairly well, I am concerned that she could encounter health issues that might make her have to cancel on me close to the reservation date (after fp+ are made). If this (God forbid) happens, I am hoping that my DH will be able to come along instead (if not, I'll still go solo).

My first question is this: if only ONE person is deleted from a package (but no other changes are made to the reservation) after fp+ are made, will it affect fp+ for others in the group? Will everyone else lose their FP+?

Second question: Should I add my DH to the package now before we make FP+ so he has some in his own name, and just cancel him if everything goes well with my mom's health concerns or if he can't make it and I have to go solo?

Third: If I delete my mom from the package and then add DH after we make FP+, can he have her FP+ since he is joining the same package? (I feel like probably not, since I assume that FP+ are not re-assignable...?)

TIA for advice from anyone that has experience with this!
Karol
You won’t lose any FPs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter