If I had to redesign California Disney Parks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sevenwords

Earning My Ears
I'm a huge fan of Disneyland. However, I do notice that there are times where I would like to make changes to it. The Disney Resort in California obviously has an issue that Walt Disney World does not have, lack of spare space. Because of this, I feel that Disneyland Resort needs to use their space more effectively. It's just a fantasy of mine, but if I was able to make changes, this is what I would do...

Starting in DCA, I would take the area across from what will be Pixar Pier and turn it into San Fransokyo. Big Hero 6 was not the biggest Disney movie, but I did like it very much and more importantly the design was fantastic. The Little Mermaid ride even still has the Palace of Fine Arts theme (or at least could quickly be readjusted). I would build a Big Hero 6 ride using the technology used in Flight of Passage, replacing the Goofy's Flight School coaster. I would turn the dining area into Pier 39 themed dining area.

QrmJrJk

https://i.imgur.com/QrmJrJk.png

For the rumored upcoming Marvel Area, I would Take all of the Bug's Land area and Hollywood back-lot areas out. Instead of doing the Tron Cycle again, I would used the same ride design for a Black Widow themed ride (except the bikes would be black with red lighting). The coaster would actually go outside the park under the plaza/dropoff area and into Disneyland, where it would come up into Tomorrowland before returning to DCA. The underground tunnel could be themed to be a street tunnel like in Civil War. In that area would also be the rumored Spiderman Ride. In the old Bug's Land Area would be a Captain America ride and It's tough to be a bug would be re-themed into Antman. The parking area behind Guardians of the Galaxy would be converted into a Avengers Tower Hotel that lets out into the Park (and parking structure). The top of the Tower would have a restaurant where people can watch World of Color (with the music piped in) and even the Fireworks from Disneyland. I would want to keep Hyperion Theater. I understand that it may not fit with the Marvel theme perfectly unless it was turned into a New York style facade. Personally I would be willing to look past it, but if that didn't work, it could be re-themed into a Stark Expo from the outside.

cKhazfE

https://i.imgur.com/cKhazfE.png

Moving over to Disneyland, I would replace ToonTown with a land dedicated to Disney Villans (which could also allow for a smoother transition into another Star Wars entrance/expansion). The Fantasyland Theater I find to be a huge wasted space, but it is conveniently tucked away. Again, this is all just my own little dream world, but I would have Disney purchase rights to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. In this area, I would create the Wonka Factory boat ride. However, I would also have a Chocolate Factory themed restaurant built into the ride. Imagine a mashup of Blue Bayou and Toothsome's Chocolate Emporium from Universal Florida.

https://i.imgur.com/IIPE6ZS.png
IIPE6ZS

Honorable mention...I would replace the Winnie the Pooh ride and re-theme the back corner Critter's Country area into a Coco Ride and Day of the Dead celebration theme. While watching Coco, I admit I was a little torn. The part where Miguel was running through the graveyard instantly made me think it would be awesome if Haunted Mansion did a Day of the Dead update ala Nightmare before Christmas...but I don't want to lose Nightmare before Christmas. So new Coco ride it is.

So...call me crazy, I just think I'm passionate. Let me know what ideas you guys like or dislike. I get most, if not all of this will never happen, but if Disney has taught me anything, it's that it is fun to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!