If I need to drop a night from my reservation...

kclark9830

DIS Veteran
If I book a package through the WDW website including hotel, tickets, and dining plan and I have the room only discount applied to the package--what happens if I want to drop a night from the reservation after the discount booking period has passed?

For instance, we are currently booked for five nights. However, we are thinking of adding one more. We have to decide by tomorrow, because that's when the booking period ends for the current RO offer. But what if we later decide we don't actually want that extra day? Can we modify the reservation without losing the room only discount?

Thanks!

You can’t modify your room reservation. You would have to cancel and rebook a new reservation. You could maybe call them and ask if it’s available for one less night but idk if they would let you keep the discounted price after the deadline

If I book a package through the WDW website including hotel, tickets, and dining plan and I have the room only discount applied to the package--what happens if I want to drop a night from the reservation after the discount booking period has passed?

I hope you will follow up here if you had success or not.

I spoke with Disney reservations to book a stay on a limited time promotion and was debating the duration. They said I should book the longer stay because it’s always easier to subtract a day than try to add one later.

That implied it is possible to shorten a stay with relative ease. It would be interesting to know if that is true or if they just tried to sell me a longer stay.

I have a few stays booked this year and have been going with the theory to over-estimate my stays and shorten later if required.

I hope you will follow up here if you had success or not.

I spoke with Disney reservations to book a stay on a limited time promotion and was debating the duration. They said I should book the longer stay because it’s always easier to subtract a day than try to add one later.

That implied it is possible to shorten a stay with relative ease. It would be interesting to know if that is true or if they just tried to sell me a longer stay.

I have a few stays booked this year and have been going with the theory to over-estimate my stays and shorten later if required.

You used to be able to make changes to your reservation, but a while back they changed it so that you cannot modify unless there is availability.

Ex. If you want to drop the last day of a 5 day stay, you would only be able to do so if there was a room available for the 4 night stay. You can’t just drop off the one night.

Same with adding. Let’s say your stay is M-F and there is a room available on Saturday. You can’t add the Saturday. You would either need to book a new M-S stay or book the Saturday as a separate reservation.

(It’s possible something has changed more recently, but this was our experience last trip we stayed non-DVC points.)

Thank you all. Bummer! I guess I'm going to need to make a hard and fast decision today!

I would. I had made to modify a package and whiel ti is nto the same thing, the same process needed to be followed. I ended up changing view which increased to cost, but was still better than keeping days I no longer wanted.

I would book the 5-nights and the 1-night separately. If you need to cancel the 1-night, you can just do so without affecting your 5-nights or dealing with future availability. Good luck!

Great idea. Hadn't thought of that. Love the Dis!

I know when I realized I booked our vacation the Sunday of one of major holy days, I about went into a panic. :scared1: :faint: Then I calmed down and went....just go up a week or down a week....no biggie. Talked to my son and he decided he wants to go to Disney the weekend he exits the 5th grade. :hyper: I said, done! :thumbsup2 I went on to modify my reservation and I guess because the rooms were available under the FL resident rate and I kept the Sun-Thur ressie it was easy to modify. My deposit transferred to that ressie and Disney just gave me a new confirmation number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter