• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If I register for the virtual . . .

Suprize2017

Mouseketeer
Is there any way to purchase any of the commemorative items you can buy at the Expo? Specifically, I’d like to get another insulated water bottle that has the name of the event and the year. I got one at the 2020 Princess Half Marathon weekend. I can’t even remember if there’s been a race weekend yet, that’s had the virtual option, so I’m not sure if anyone actually knows, for sure, the answer to my question.

When they cancelled princess last year they also cancelled all of the pre-order merchandise and there was nothing made that was specifically for the race weekend outside of the medals/race shirts.

Do you think virtual only registrants will be able to access pre-order merchandise? That’s kind of what I’m wondering. Obviously the items would need to be shipped, and would cost more because of that. I’ve been looking around trying to find out for myself, but haven’t been able to find anything.

Do you think virtual only registrants will be able to access pre-order merchandise? That’s kind of what I’m wondering. Obviously the items would need to be shipped, and would cost more because of that. I’ve been looking around trying to find out for myself, but haven’t been able to find anything.
I don't think so. I actually tested this for the marathon virtual weekend and didn't see an option to order any merchandise. Best bet IMO would be to ask if anyone might be willing to pick up the bottle at the expo if they see it.

Ok, here’s another question then. By dumb luck, we will be in Orlando the weekend of the “Spring Surprise” event, or whatever it’s called. I doubt I’ll be able to participate, but am wondering if I can go to the Expo even if I’m not participating. I’ve only done the PH once, but don’t recall having to show anything showing I was racing that weekend. Just not sure if I’m forgetting something.

Ok, here’s another question then. By dumb luck, we will be in Orlando the weekend of the “Spring Surprise” event, or whatever it’s called. I doubt I’ll be able to participate, but am wondering if I can go to the Expo even if I’m not participating. I’ve only done the PH once, but don’t recall having to show anything showing I was racing that weekend. Just not sure if I’m forgetting something.
Anyone can enter the expo and shop

In theory yes however things could change to just runners /their families for crowd control

Historically yes, anyone can enter the expo. There is a chance the expo gets limited only to runners or runners and their families but I think that is unlikely, especially in spring of 2022, but no one knows for sure. I don't even think Disney can say definitely at this point.

I listened to a podcast from August 4, I think the date was, of a round table discussion of race directors, including Jon Hughes, who is Track Shack Co-owner and Race Director of the Walt Disney World Marathon. Basically everything is fluid now and subject to change (for all races, not just Run Disney ones), and likely it won't be until a couple weeks prior to expos that it is really known what procedures will be. From the discussion, it seems likely expos won't be quite the way we are used to them from past experience. There may be fewer vendors, restrictions to the number of people allowed in at one time, they may ask that you sign up for a specific time slot to go to the expo, etc. And it's possible that the Wine and Dine expo will have different guidelines than Marathon or Princess, based just on what the situation is immediately prior to each race.

In short, having listened to the podcast, I would not expect expos for the Run Disney races coming up to be exactly the same as what we have had in the past.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter