If money was no object...which concierge?

mkellym

<font color=green>Maybe the Tag Fairy hasn't "met"
We are spending 8 nights at Disney the week before Memorial Day. We are spending the first 5 nites at WL woods veiw. The last three nites we have a Conceirge Deluxe room reserved at the RPC at GF. My guestion is is this the right concierge for us? The reasons are these:

My wife has a conference at the Contemporary the last 3 mornings, so the monorail would be very convenient.

We have three young children DD 4 and twin DS 1.5, so the bigger room will be nice. Our 4yo is an excellent swimmer and would luv the new pool and slide.

However, we usually like taking the food back to the rooms with us ( 3 kids ya know) and getting extra drinks.
We are a bit concerned with all the negative comments we've read about the GF RPC conceirge lately.
WE are not opposed to The Poly conceirge, but her company is picking up the tab....so .... ;o)
Would the AK be worth her having to drive every morning?
Not really interested in staying at the Contemporary again. Stayed at the YC concierge last year(but not too impressed, and frankly, the veiw from our room was awful!). We have stayed at BWI many times and are kinda looking for a change, so not sure if we want BWI.

AS I mentioned earlier, money isn't really a factor this time, as my wife's company will be paying for the last three days.

Thanks for any helpful comments.

DL
BWV 5/97
GF

CS 10/99

PO
YC 5/00
BWV

YC 7/00

CR Tower 10/00

CB 1/01

PO
YC conc. 5/01
BWV

PO 9/01

I would say POLY! I have ever stayed there yet. However the location, the service, I think would be worth it.

GF! I'm very partial to the Royal Palms Club, as we've never had a negative experience there...(been there 5-6 times) ... I've read a lot of conflicting reports from people here that don't like the GF, but I've never stayed concierge anywhere else...(very biased!).. GF is so close to MK that your kids will love it....
And plus the company's paying!! Why the heck not?! :) good luck!

Based on what I've read here (not from personal experience, unfortunately), I think the Polynesian or the Contemporary Tower Club. The GF doesn't sound as kid-friendly--and I've read that in more reports than the recent ones.

Heck, if the company is paying for it, stay at the GF Royal Palm! Those concierge deluxes rooms are really awesome, and huge!

I think it would be a good idea to stay at a monorail resort, cause of the convention!

I say try the GF, since you dont have to pay for it!!!
however if you're looking for more laid back, bringing food baack to the room, more comfortable for the kids, you might want to consider Poly concierge. the lounge there is great for kids, and you can easily bring food back to the room. however a free deluxe room at RPC! I think I'd have to take it!!!

Laura :)

My vote is for the poly. We found it to be a very kid-friendly resort. DH brought breakfast on a tray to our room many mornings. Our kids LOVED the volcano pool. Having the lounge so accessible for food/drinks while on the beach or at the pool was wonderful.

If you want a lovely concierge experience, the AKL is the resort that I would pick. If money were truly no object, I'd reserve a suite. They are beautiful.

Either Grand Floridian or the Contemporary, with a view of the MK.

AKL & Poly are both great and the determination would have to be for personal preference...Prefer the access to MK vs. Prefer having a zoo outside your room...

Food selection is better at AKL but the view of the lounge MUCH better at the Poly...
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

Peter Pirate, I beg to differ. The view outside your room at the AKL is of a savannah. And the view outside your room at the Poly is of a bunch of hula-skirt wearing guys & gals.

By the way, my post is all tongue-in-cheek, I just couldn’t resist! And now that I have mentioned the hula-skirt wearing men, remind me to book the Poly for my next stay. I just adore looking at men’s legs…*sigh*

Absolutely the AKL concierge! Your kids will love the atmosphere. It is so unlike the previous experiences that you've written about. The drive is not that bad at all. I stayed there, and drove to MK and the monorail resorts daily. The staff there is superb, and the concierge service has had excellent ratings. The concierge lounge has an excellent view of the lobby, (forgot what the African name is). The children and you will have tons to do while your wife is at her meeting. I loved it there, and it is quite different.

I am a GF junkie, but would do the AKL if I were you. It's just something you have to do at least once. That is the perfect length of time to be there and get the feel of the African experience. You are away from the madness, a bit, as well. Your wife will love to go back there to relax the last couple of days of your trip.

Janet, the last time we were at the Poly I was the only one wearing a grass skirt...You mean there are others??? :confused:
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

I have never stayed at a disney concierge but I have seen AKL concierge room discounts and have never seen a RPC discount and since money in this case isn't a problem I would stick with the Grand Floridian! Anyway you look at it, it is three free nights at a DISNEY resort! Sounds Great!;)

My favorite it the Polynesian:D Get a LV room! Your kids are young like mine and one thing I love about the Hawaii bldg is that it is right next to the pool, so if you need to go to your room or the lounge you are right there. My kids love the volcano pool and they love the Hawaii bldg as much as we do. Now we are hooked.
I took a tour of the AKL concierge and it is nice. If you don't want to leave the resort with your kids you might want to try it. I'm just hesitant to stay there until my kids get older. I hate packing the stroller on the bus, or having to take the car to get to the parks. When we are stroller free we will stay there:)
I think I would wait for RPC until it was just the two of you;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter