If our Canadian Disneyworld tickets expire unused, what happens?

Reepicheep

Mouseketeer
I currently have three ten day passes which I purchased with the "Canadian discount". All three appear in my MyDisneyExperience account with an expiry date of August 15, 2020.

It is still our intention to fly to Orlando for the first two weeks in August, but Swoop sent us an email a couple of days ago saying our flights are cancelled, and we get a flight credit good for two years. I know I can cancel my resort reservations and get a full refund, although I'm not going to do that for the time being, since I got an excellent rate on a club level room at Coronado Springs.

In a worst case scenario, and we have to cancel our August trip, does anyone know what happens to our 10 day park tickets? Ideally, we would like to replace our 2020 Canadian discount tickets with 2021 Canadian discount tickets, and pay the difference in price. Is that what normally happens in situations like this?

Thanks in advance.

My understanding is if these tickets work like other tickets is that you can use after their expiry but you would need to pay the increase in the ticket price at the time you use them.

That being said there may be exemptions after all this is over to use them at a later date than they normally would have expired.

we were on the Disney Wonder Panama Canal cruise that ended in San Diego on March 20th and were heading to Disneyland - of course it closed and we purchased the DL version of the Canadian discount tickets - has anyone heard if DL doing the same as WDW with tickets you can apply later/pay difference? TIA

FYI i spoke to CM about DL tickets and confirmed they can be applied anytime in future toward cost of DL tickets (pay the difference like WDW) - you cannot use them toward WDW tickets (we rarely get out to DL) oh well, better than nothing and gives us a reason to plan a trip to DL eventually

we were on the Disney Wonder Panama Canal cruise that ended in San Diego on March 20th and were heading to Disneyland - of course it closed and we purchased the DL version of the Canadian discount tickets - has anyone heard if DL doing the same as WDW with tickets you can apply later/pay difference? TIA
yes you can

We were at DL when it closed, we used 2 of the 3 day Canadian offer tickets. Before we left I went to guest services to see about the unused third day...she told me I owed her $7 just to make it a 2 day pass for what I had paid! (Just to give you an idea of the $$ amount).

Does anyone know if the AirMiles Canadian tickets are worth less than normal Canadian tickets?

Just wondering, I have some purchased (and already attached to MyDisneyExperience) that I purchased from the AM Personal Shopping service. They are date specific (September 5-16 and September 6-17, Canadian 7 and 8 day park hoppers). I am thinking that regardless of if Disney World is open, with financial hit we are currently having, I'm going to have to postpone this vacation so I'm just wondering what sort of cost value the tickets will have going forward.

AM regular ticket=WDW normal ticket
AM Cdn ticket < WDW normal ticket

If expired, WDW will calculate using the cost of the Canadian tickets to purchase new tickets and you will lose the discount if using them for new non-discount tickets. So you will have to pay the difference between the cost of Canadian discounted tickets to the cost of new non-discounted tickets or the cost of new Canadian discounted tickets if WDW offers that discount again when you make the purchase. The problem is usually this cannot be done online or by phone ahead of time. If you have to do it in person, you cannot book fastpasses ahead of time.

I currently have three ten day passes which I purchased with the "Canadian discount". All three appear in my MyDisneyExperience account with an expiry date of August 15, 2020.

It is still our intention to fly to Orlando for the first two weeks in August, but Swoop sent us an email a couple of days ago saying our flights are cancelled, and we get a flight credit good for two years. I know I can cancel my resort reservations and get a full refund, although I'm not going to do that for the time being, since I got an excellent rate on a club level room at Coronado Springs.

In a worst case scenario, and we have to cancel our August trip, does anyone know what happens to our 10 day park tickets? Ideally, we would like to replace our 2020 Canadian discount tickets with 2021 Canadian discount tickets, and pay the difference in price. Is that what normally happens in situations like this?

Thanks in advance.
we are going at that time too. Did Swoop give you a reason why they cancelled? I’d be asking them for a full refund instead of a flight credit that expires. What if they’re not around? You would just loose your money?
Nothing to do with the virus but a couple of years ago my daughter (adult) wasn’t able to go due to new job. We had bought Canadian DL tickets. I still went, with a friend. But I booked another trip with daughter and was able to get full credit for what she paid for her ticket and she just paid the difference for new ticket at the gate. But what I didn’t know is that if you buy at the gate, we lost our early morning entry. So if there’s a way to phone and exchange ticket I’d do that to keep the early morning. Also I wonder if you wait for next release of Canadian discount tickets if you could exchange for new Canadian ticket on the phone if those dates suit?

I sure hope Disney will allow us to "move the value" of tickets from DL to WDW.

I had a trip scheduled to DL (was supposed to be in the past today, actually) but I don't see myself going to California anytime soon.

I will try to get a refund. If not, at least getting the value towards WDW tickets, instead.

AM regular ticket=WDW normal ticket
AM Cdn ticket < WDW normal ticket

If expired, WDW will calculate using the cost of the Canadian tickets to purchase new tickets and you will lose the discount if using them for new non-discount tickets. So you will have to pay the difference between the cost of Canadian discounted tickets to the cost of new non-discounted tickets or the cost of new Canadian discounted tickets if WDW offers that discount again when you make the purchase. The problem is usually this cannot be done online or by phone ahead of time. If you have to do it in person, you cannot book fastpasses ahead of time.

Wait a minute. You are saying that if we can't use our Canadian Discount tickets due to this whole coronavirus thing, then we can use the amount paid towards a normal ticket when we are ready to come....BUT....we can't do this before we arrive and thus have no ability to make fastpass? That's horrible if that's the case and not acceptable. (Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying)

Wait a minute. You are saying that if we can't use our Canadian Discount tickets due to this whole coronavirus thing, then we can use the amount paid towards a normal ticket when we are ready to come....BUT....we can't do this before we arrive and thus have no ability to make fastpass? That's horrible if that's the case and not acceptable. (Or am I misunderstanding what you are saying)
I’m wondering if you can change exp tickets by phoning the Ticketing line?

This is what I am saying based on reading postings here unless there’s a change of policy. But I am aware that some Disers got pixie dusted and were able to do that by phone.

I’m wondering if you can change exp tickets by phoning the Ticketing line?
This is what I am saying based on reading postings here unless there’s a change of policy. But I am aware that some Disers got pixie dusted and were able to do that by phone.
That's pretty bad...no 60 days advance FP for staying onsite. No 30 day FP for staying offsite.

We purchased our tickets as a package....so I think for us, if we cancel the month before, then we get money back. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
...Meaning for our end of Aug trip, we have until end of July to decide if its a go or no go.

That's pretty bad...no 60 days advance FP for staying onsite. No 30 day FP for staying offsite.

We purchased our tickets as a package....so I think for us, if we cancel the month before, then we get money back. (Correct me if I'm wrong).
...Meaning for our end of Aug trip, we have until end of July to decide if its a go or no go.
Correct! I think they have extended cancellation to a week prior but I am not sure if that includes August dates or not yet. If you purchase hotel and tickets as a package, when you cancel, you cancel both so you won’t have the tickets and should have a full refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!