If our Canadian Disneyworld tickets expire unused, what happens?

I have no doubt that the air miles tickets have at least the Dec31, 2020 expiry date, but what about this extended date into 2021 is what I am curious about?

I just want to be able to make fastpass ressies when I go back in 2021. Maybe the key to that is rebooking prior to the expiry date of the tickets like someone mentioned above.

Agreed, everything is so confusing right now. IIRC there was quite a bit of confusion about this 2030 expiry date during the first round of the Canadian ticket offer. Enough so that I did call Disney and was put through to a terrific lady in California who confirmed that the 2030 expiry date was correct.

Extending the Canadian tickets in this way makes sense to me. As Pete said in the podcast yesterday, Disney likely really, really, wants people to cancel near-future trips and come at a later time. This would fit in with that kind of long term strategy, especially for international travellers, who may not be able to travel for quite a while yet.

If this is not just a hiccup, it would have been nice of Disney to notify people of the change.

Yes, I agree with what is being said here. My tickets now show the September 26, 2021 expiry (initially "purchased" through the AMs Personal Shopper (I need parkhopper) in October 2019 and January 2020, they were dated tickets from September 5-13 and September 6-15, 2020 with an expiry to match this).

I am just concerned that they're going to change the expiry again. I am waiting until the last minute to cancel and rebook due to this (booked at ASMs for the pertinent dates, cancellation by late August). A simple e-mail or news posting just advising that current tickets are being extended would be appreciated. Then I would rebook immediately for next year without worry. This would help both WDW to determine numbers and guests so they can get everything in order.

How do you see the expiration date on the website? I can see it (Dec 31st 2030) on the app but I don't see any date on the website when I go under the tab Tickets.

I think you have to go under my plans, then where it says daily itinerary; and tickets and memory maker, choose that.

I think you have to go under my plans, then where it says daily itinerary; and tickets and memory maker, choose that.

That's what I did but no date is showing for my tickets. Only what they are and the Reassign button. I'll try another browser.

That's what I did but no date is showing for my tickets. Only what they are and the Reassign button. I'll try another browser.
I think there may be some differences between tickets.... Did you buy directly from Disney with the last offer? Or were they part of a package? or were they Air MIles Tickets? or something else?

Mine were flexible date tickets bought directly from Disney in January. They used to show a 1st use by Dec 31st 2020 in the Theme Park Admission field (I print everything for my file so I know it used to be there.) Now they show "any 10 valid dates" and the valid dates are until Dec 31, 2020 on both the web version and the app version. On the app version when I look at the block out dates that has definitely changed... I called and they said they didn't see an entry in the "use by date" now.... so I think they may treat the tickets bought disney direct versus 3rd party sellers (AM included.)

It seems there may be differences based on how the tickets were purchased. Online chat was less than useless so I'd suggest calling instead to confirm. Since they're not selling new tickets right now the wait time was about 5 minutes....

I think there may be some differences between tickets.... Did you buy directly from Disney with the last offer? Or were they part of a package? or were they Air MIles Tickets? or something else?

Mine were flexible date tickets bought directly from Disney in January. They used to show a 1st use by Dec 31st 2020 in the Theme Park Admission field (I print everything for my file so I know it used to be there.) Now they show "any 10 valid dates" and the valid dates are until Dec 31, 2020 on both the web version and the app version. On the app version when I look at the block out dates that has definitely changed... I called and they said they didn't see an entry in the "use by date" now.... so I think they may treat the tickets bought disney direct versus 3rd party sellers (AM included.)

It seems there may be differences based on how the tickets were purchased. Online chat was less than useless so I'd suggest calling instead to confirm. Since they're not selling new tickets right now the wait time was about 5 minutes....

Airmiles tickets from 2017.

The expiry date on my tickets only shows up in MDE on my phone.
So this did show on my phone too previously ... until recently... which is part of what I previously said... but now for my direct disney purchased tickets it doesn't show the Dec 31st, 2020 thing anymore for the mobile app version (or the web version which never showed it) and in fact shows no new date --- the change is the thing for me which makes me wonder if how you bought your tickets may also play into this.... may be a total red herring but I called and I explained the difference and they said they couldn't see any use by date ..... and said as far as they could tell they were good until 2030. that's why I said call and ask... YMMV but call... or don't IDK either way. I'm sort of out now... told you what I found, suggested calling --- doesn't really help for me to add onto this at this point. Good luck to everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!