If our free dining trip is cancelled...

KMP12

Mouseketeer
If our trip with free dining is cancelled (promo from Jan) does anyone know if they will allow us to rebook with the same promo? I know they took away the free dining they offered to rebook..we are supposed to go in July.

Usually they don't honor promos that are no longer active. Infuriating, I know, because so many people book their trips specifically because of a given promo. You can always ask, especially if you're rebooking for August or September, which is the time period that was originally included in the rebooking offer. If you're rebooking for later in the fall, they're much less likely to honor the free dining because it wasn't offered for those dates.

That said, I think the chances are really good that WDW will be open by July. It will be a modified experience, but I think it will be open.

They have not been allowing it for June, so nope for July if they cancel July. Agree with the pp though--odds are looking pretty good for July given Universal's June opening..

Our April trip was with an AP room discount. Obviously it was cancelled & no, we did not get to apply it to a new reservation that was outside the dates it already applied to. Disney has not been carrying any discounts forward & I don’t blame them. The shear number of reservations affected, keeping track of who is entitled to what discount would be a logistical nightmare. Even a company like Disney couldn’t withstand the financial impact that would come with unlimited discounts they would have no control over for the foreseeable future.

Edit to add: if you are looking to rebook during dates that promo was originally offered, it might be possible. Normally, when a promo has expired, guest services can modify it if there is still availability in the allotted inventory. Regular CMs can’t make the change, they have to work with guest services to do it. So depending on your new dates, it is worth a phone call to ask.

I had booked a free dining bounceback for May.The CM cancelled it without mentioning it but did give me a recovery offer for July. I found out it was now recovery when I booked for October. Now when I changed my trip to October, I lost the recovery free dining. So sad, but looks like I'll just have to keep hoping for a discount offer of some kind to apply to October.

We have a bounce back offer that we booked August, 2019 with the free dining. We are still planning on going August 18th-29th. Should Disney still be closed, I know we loose it. Why? The offer is no longer available.

However, I do plan on asking for it. Why? We booked the offer with every intention on going (honoring our commitment).

this will be our 8th yearly trip straight (since 2012). Just figured it out, I'm slow. We have spent at least $42,000 at Disney. They don't want to honor the free dining, we might have spent our last vacation at Disney and I'm okay with that.

I was not able to carry my May booking with a PIN code (first time getting one!) to the rescheduled November trip. (I did ask, but didn't push hard about it since I'm not 100% committed to that resort anyway and likely going to change. I was hoping a fall offer would be released to explore other options.)

We have a bounce back offer that we booked August, 2019 with the free dining. We are still planning on going August 18th-29th. Should Disney still be closed, I know we loose it. Why? The offer is no longer available.

However, I do plan on asking for it. Why? We booked the offer with every intention on going (honoring our commitment).

this will be our 8th yearly trip straight (since 2012). Just figured it out, I'm slow. We have spent at least $42,000 at Disney. They don't want to honor the free dining, we might have spent our last vacation at Disney and I'm okay with that.

If you booked the FD bb last summer, you’d still be eligible to change it into one of these check in dates this year depending on room availability. There is no guarantee of course, but it’s a possibility.
  • Must check *in*within the following dates in 2020:
  • June 26 - September 12
  • December 9 - December 24

I just saw that they are canceling all free dining (all dining) through September of NEXT year. They are supposed to be offering a 35% room discount as a consolation prize.

Typically you don't get to keep any deals you already had when you re-book. We'll personally just re-book and hope eventually a deal may come along that we can tack on to it, unless we can get the 35% discount on the room from now.

That is not what the email I received this morning says

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​

That is not what the email I received this morning says

An Important Walt Disney World Update​
As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort Hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. And we’re here to help you as we introduce new procedures focused on delivering an enjoyable and magical experience for everyone who visits.

To manage attendance and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented time, we’ve changed—and even suspended—some dining and other experiences. In addition, we will also be introducing a new Theme Park reservation system as well. We’ll send you details on this new system shortly.
Unfortunately, these new measures have required us to cancel dining reservations and experience reservations you may have made. We recognize the inconvenience this poses and we’re deeply sorry.
There’s nothing you need to do at this time. We’ll be contacting you soon with details on the process of re-booking dining and other experiences—now available 60 days prior to arrival to allow for planning closer to your visit.

At this time, while systems update, we are temporarily suspending all modifications. However, you have the option of canceling your entire reservation.

We’re putting great thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience.

For more information, please visit disneyworld.com, call 407-W-DISNEY (934-7639), or contact your travel professional or Member Services.

Select third party operated restaurants and certain other experiences may not be cancelled.​
Your email doesn't mention the dining plan. So I wouldn't count my chickens on this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter