If the new gondola, Skyliner, is successful, will they create more lines?

Do we know how many guests per hour can be accommodated by skyline? By the monorail? How long it will take to load a gondola car, guests with strollers, wheelchair,and packages.

Do we know how many guests per hour can be accommodated by skyline? By the monorail? How long it will take to load a gondola car, guests with strollers, wheelchair,and packages.

We don't for the skyline. Numbers for the monorail are easily found if you want to look.

I surprised it wasn't discussed here yet, perhaps I missed it. Transportpass+, Disney's next new offering. With an additional upcharge, you can skip the lines and hit the transport of your choice. Exclusive access to resort deluxe transport services. They've already tested the concept with the park hopping busses. It's a given that the guest foots the bill one way or another. The question is, will transportation be the last equal rights amenity on property. With the magic band system, anything is possible. There could be one premium service with the MinnieVans being the precursor, or perhaps tiered transport levels, that match your resort level.

I'm usually towards the front of the line to agree that dollars drive Disney decisions (how's that for alliteration?), but I'm hesitant to say that we'd see them carve up and upsell on-property transportation. A few reasons: (a) Disney wants to get you into the parks as fast as they can any way that they can and spending money (ever notice how the longest and worst bus waits are at the end of the day when the parks have closed - sure, everyone's leaving at once but running more buses to get you home to sleep faster does not increase Disney's profit); (b) Disney does a good job of providing all guests the "base" experience and access to basic amenities (while upselling exclusive or preferred versions for those willing to pay - Express Transport and Minnie Vans are an example of that for anyone who wanted "more" than basic bus service); and (c) Disney would take a risk to build this on the hope that people would pay a premium to use it (unlike Express Transport, they're stuck with it if it's underutilized).

Now to get back to my roots (and mostly agree with your points) - Disney still will make money off this. We see that with the resort rates creeping up already for the resorts that will have a gondola station ($200+/night for Pop? surely they're joking?). And that's a "win" for Disney - why charge premium access only to those who would use it, when you can indirectly charge everybody at those resorts for gondola service whether they use it or not? Of course, the counter is that Disney could do both - so I won't be doubling down on any bets I make about this.

I could be as easy as redeeming a fastpass for transportation. I'd consider cutting the line at the end of the day if it were a fastpass option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!