If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

So now our FP's are used up. It's spring break, and the park-all parks- are NUTS. So what do we do?
Yes eat!!!! Stupid quote not working right but it sounds like a nice (if a bit chaotic) morning at the magic kingdom. The train is so relaxing!

Lucky for me we caught the Move It, Shake It parade and I made everyone stop!
Dang it Ariane. Now all I can hear is that infernal song playing in my head!!!
"Vamos, vamos... [unintelligible upbeat lyrics encouraging you to dance so hard all the money falls out of your pockets]"

"So party up, party up... don't know these words either..."

We ALWAYS seem to catch a few minutes of move it shake it and I really can't help but shimmy... and then hum those *#%=€%# songs all day long!

Love the balloon picture, it's just so Disney.

I'll have to check out the dining report to see how you liked Pecos Bills. It's on my list to try in December.

Day 6 Part 2
A Little Bit of Magic in our Day
I promise this update will be a bit longer than my last, quick HS one! Speaking of, after Ricky and I grabbed some Starbucks, we took the bus over to MK to meet Steve and Chris to begin using our fastpasses. Surprise surprise, the MK bus was waiting for us! Count this as a #transportationwin.
We met Chris and Steve on Main Street at 10:20 - such a nice place to meet :goodvibes They were hanging out eating Starbucks so I had enough time to take this fun picture:

View attachment 340448

And this nice shot of the castle:

View attachment 340449

Pretty much right after this we were coming up on the end of the window to our 1st FP, so we went over to BTMRR and followed it up with our 2nd, Splash. Both FP lines were reasonable but when we got off Splash the whole area was just so CROWDED! So we decided to take the train over to Fantasyland which would bring us close to our 3rd FP.
I love the train, I find it so relaxing. This ride around I took some shots of.....................the backside of BTMRR!

View attachment 340624

View attachment 340625

View attachment 340626

And one of the Indian settlement you pass:

View attachment 340627

We exited the train in Fantasyland and were right on time for our 3rd FP at 11:45, otherwise known here as "Steve's favorite ride" which ends with this lovely lady:

View attachment 340628

I try to get a picture of her every time I ride and this is the best I've managed to get :rolleyes:

So now our FP's are used up. It's spring break, and the park-all parks- are NUTS. So what do we do?

WE EAT!
Yes, it was time. I don't have that much to say or show about lunch and what I do have I'll put in my dining report, but I did get to go to Peco's Bills this time. You may remember I wanted to go there on our first MK day but was outvoted by everyone else and we ended up at Columbia Harbor House which is good, fine, but I'd wanted to try something new.

After lunch it was still packed and there were no FP's to be had so we began making our way out of the park. Lucky for me we caught the Move It, Shake It parade and I made everyone stop! It was just coming down Main St. and we got a great spot at the curb in the HUB. Too bad my kids aren't interested in dancing with characters anymore because we were in prime position for Stitch!

View attachment 340629

View attachment 340631

View attachment 340630

I think this parade is adorable and love that the characters come off the floats and dance with the kids. My boys say they think it's boring but I find them both intently watching the character/kid dancing!
This ended our MK time for the day since Ricky's knee was at it's limit and park capacity was, in my opinion, close to its limit, too. Chris's rash was still there also but we'd just done our best not to walk in the sun so he didn't complain that much and it didn't get as bad as it had been the previous few days. We did have some cool plans for the night, stay tuned!

I'm going to have to check out your review of pecos. I want to eat there when we go. Only 30 more days!!! Yay! :)

I know the parks were crazy crowded but glad you got to ride 7DMT, Splash and BTMR
Beautiful picture of the castle
We think the Move it Shake it parade is fun to stop and watch
Although I had more enjoyment watching the adults dancing :banana:
So glad to hear Ricky is improving

Nice pics!!
Dang it Ariane. Now all I can hear is that infernal song playing in my head!!!
"Vamos, vamos... [unintelligible upbeat lyrics encouraging you to dance so hard all the money falls out of your pockets]"

"So party up, party up... don't know these words either..."
Literally LOL. I make my family stop for this stuff too. And we ate at Pecos for first time in June (after 6 trips in 10 months)-surprisingly good!!

I guess DD and I lucked out on crowds when we went March. Wasn't as bad as what you all had...

I love the train as well, such a relaxing time to take in MK

I enjoy the move it parade, Andi will still dance with characters.

I will continue to send positive thoughts for Ricky! Sounds like his recovery is going well, of course he wants to be better faster, who doesn’t right!

We met Chris and Steve on Main Street at 10:20 - such a nice place to meet :goodvibes
Ahh, if only that could be my standard meeting place for everything... :rolleyes:

This ride around I took some shots of.....................the backside of BTMRR!
I see what you did there... ;) :laughing:

You sure got a lot accomplished by the time you were heading out of MK between HS earlier and your FPs at MK, considering it was spring break. Excited to hear about what your evening has in store for you :thumbsup2

I'm still reading, just didn't quote this one because I'm working on catching up so many places!! But I love the little Move It, Shake It parade...if only so I can see Judy Hopps!! :lovestruc

I think this parade is adorable and love that the characters come off the floats and dance with the kids. My boys say they think it's boring but I find them both intently watching the character/kid dancing!
I like to watch this, too, but it is hard to get "other" people to take the time to watch it, if you know what I mean. ;)

Poor Ricky. It was a good thing you were just a boat ride away from the resort.

I love the balloon picture, as Disney balloons are the best balloons.
Looks like a nice little morning at MK. Love it when the bus is there waiting, as it's so rare!
Does Steve go to Starbucks everywhere he goes to? LOL. I am like a super Starbucks member you might want to mention that to him. I've been doing the challenges on the app and I have all these free drinks LOL.

So we decided to take the train over to Fantasyland which would bring us close to our 3rd FP.
I love the train, I find it so relaxing. This ride around I took some shots of.....................the backside of BTMRR!
I love being able to do this. Sadly we haven't done it in a while because without fail EVERY time we try the train isn't running.

img_8550-jpg.340628

I try to get a picture of her every time I ride and this is the best I've managed to get :rolleyes:
I think her side eye means she knows how many sangrias you had last night :P

We never seem to catch the timing of this right as Casey would be all over dancing with Stitch. Or pretty much anyone that wasn't me :-)

It's a stronger replacement which is great.
He's been resting comfortably, had a big bunch of balloons delivered today from a girlfriend(girl-friend lol) and has two friends coming over tomorrow night I assume to play FortNite for hours. Once again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!
Glad to hear he is doing well. I am behind on everyones trip reports! And a girlfriend! I need to get up your way, so I can hear all the scoop!

Love this picture!

We exited the train in Fantasyland and were right on time for our 3rd FP at 11:45, otherwise known here as "Steve's favorite ride" which ends with this lovely lady:

img_8550-jpg.340628
It's the best part of being in the front of the train.

This ended our MK time for the day since Ricky's knee was at it's limit and park capacity was, in my opinion, close to its limit, too.
Sounds like a good combination... It would have been hard to leave the park with it being empty.

We ALWAYS seem to catch a few minutes of move it shake it and I really can't help but shimmy... and then hum those *#%=€%# songs all day long!
If I'm close to Main St./the HUB and hear the song, I might start shimmying myself and job over to the parade.....maybe. Not saying I do. Or don't :rolleyes1

Love the balloon picture, it's just so Disney.
Thanks! I've seen others take similar pictures and wanted my own :snooty: I was pleasantly surprised at how nice it turned out!

I'm going to have to check out your review of pecos. I want to eat there when we go. Only 30 more days!!! Yay! :)
And now less than 30 days :cheer2: I'm sure everyone is getting excited!!

Glad surgery went well! Have been praying for you guys!
Thank you very much, he's finally able to walk around the house without crutches although he still needs them if he goes out. He started physical therapy last week, it's tough but he's a tough kid :)

We think the Move it Shake it parade is fun to stop and watch
Although I had more enjoyment watching the adults dancing :banana:
Whenever we're watching with the kids I threaten to start dancing :laughing: They boys don't like that idea too much!

I guess DD and I lucked out on crowds when we went March. Wasn't as bad as what you all had...
I'm trying to remember, I think you were there shortly before we were :scratchin We got down there the 24th and left the 31st. Since it was the week right before Easter (April 1st) that's why the crowds were there, so maybe you luckily just missed them?

I love the train as well, such a relaxing time to take in MK
It is, and while it's nothing too exciting I like the scenery from the train :goodvibes

I enjoy the move it parade, Andi will still dance with characters.
That's great! I think that's just the difference between boys and girls............girls rule boys drool lol

Ahh, if only that could be my standard meeting place for everything... :rolleyes:
:love:

You sure got a lot accomplished by the time you were heading out of MK between HS earlier and your FPs at MK, considering it was spring break.
Yeah we did, this was actually one of our nicer mornings - everything worked out well :goodvibes The rest of the day/night went well too which was great because the end of our last day ended up being kind of a bummer.........

I'm still reading, just didn't quote this one because I'm working on catching up so many places!! But I love the little Move It, Shake It parade...if only so I can see Judy Hopps!! :lovestruc
:wave: That's one of the reasons I like it, Judy and Nick!

I like to watch this, too, but it is hard to get "other" people to take the time to watch it, if you know what I mean. ;)
I know exactly what you mean :thumbsup2

Poor Ricky. It was a good thing you were just a boat ride away from the resort.
It did help that our resort was close to one park. We keep trying to switch our Nov. resort to the BW area because that will be convenient for him, but so far nothing with my discount. So we're at SSR first - location might not be convenient but it is a 1 bedroom so he'll have his own bed (Chris will sleep on pullout sofa) and more room in general if he needs to spend extra time there chilling. For our last few days we're currently at CSR since SSR wasn't available the whole time and I need to change to POFQ, mainly because it's smaller so Ricky won't have as far to walk for the bus/food. When we go in Nov. he'll be at the same point from surgery as he was in March so I expect we'll need to slow our pace down again, which is fine. I'm going to plan some things like taking the drawing class at AOA where he'll be sitting, since he used to love the one at HS :goodvibes

Looks like a nice little morning at MK. Love it when the bus is there waiting, as it's so rare!
And it was EXTREMELY rare on this particular trip lol

Does Steve go to Starbucks everywhere he goes to? LOL.
He does :rotfl2: He's so used to drinking Starbucks he can't drink any other coffee :snooty: So yes, we stop at Starbucks everywhere. If we're driving a distance we'll go a bit out of our way for one because he just can't do convenience store or gas station coffee, and of course no way is he drinking DD!

I am like a super Starbucks member you might want to mention that to him. I've been doing the challenges on the app and I have all these free drinks LOL.
I shall tell him, and I will thank you for keeping them in business. Don't stop at least until my boys are done with college!

I love being able to do this. Sadly we haven't done it in a while because without fail EVERY time we try the train isn't running.
I hope it's running later this month, as long as it isn't raining you should be good to go!

I think her side eye means she knows how many sangrias you had last night :P
If she's looking for a way to poison me, but it in the drink :thumbsup2

We never seem to catch the timing of this right as Casey would be all over dancing with Stitch. Or pretty much anyone that wasn't me :-)
Little tip: there's something called a TIMES GUIDE you can get at the entrance to the park and it'll tell you when the parades are - 3x a day. Try planning something, will ya??? :D

It's the best part of being in the front of the train.
I think that's why I was able to get a halfway decent shot!

Sounds like a good combination... It would have been hard to leave the park with it being empty.
True. Ricky may have managed a bit longer if we got some decent extra FP's, or he would have gone back with Chris and Steve and I would have stayed. But ugh that mid-day FP situation.......just sucked the whole trip :headache:

I found your TR yesterday when searching for someone who went during Spring Break to decide if I might want to go during Spring Break next year. I just got caught up and decided we’ll probably wait for Summer or try to swing for Thanksgiving :hyper:

I showed my son the Rafiki Planet Watch pictures you posted and he was super excited! We went to WDW for the first time last year and will be going again next week... he’s looking forward to doing that now. We had no idea that was even there! So thank you for that!! :disrocks:

I found your TR yesterday when searching for someone who went during Spring Break to decide if I might want to go during Spring Break next year.
:welcome: Glad you found me! Spring break is so tempting because, well, a week off of school so no worries about missing!

I just got caught up and decided we’ll probably wait for Summer or try to swing for Thanksgiving :hyper:
:laughing: yeah..........if your spring break is the week right before or after Easter.....you might enjoy summer or Thanksgiving more. I know there are people who enjoy spring break, especially if that's the only time they have or can go. Not sure I've mentioned this because my memory is shot, but we're going this Thanksgiving for the 3rd time, we LOVE it! We have never found it to be nearly as crowded as it was over spring break :scared1:

I showed my son the Rafiki Planet Watch pictures you posted and he was super excited! We went to WDW for the first time last year and will be going again next week... he’s looking forward to doing that now. We had no idea that was even there! So thank you for that!
Welcome! It had been so long since we've been out there, other than the petting zoo area (which we skipped) I'd honestly forgotten what all was out there. I'm glad we went and I hope your son enjoys it; and I hope you all enjoy your trip :goodvibes

:welcome: Glad you found me! Spring break is so tempting because, well, a week off of school so no worries about missing!

:laughing: yeah..........if your spring break is the week right before or after Easter.....you might enjoy summer or Thanksgiving more. I know there are people who enjoy spring break, especially if that's the only time they have or can go. Not sure I've mentioned this because my memory is shot, but we're going this Thanksgiving for the 3rd time, we LOVE it! We have never found it to be nearly as crowded as it was over spring break :scared1:

Welcome! It had been so long since we've been out there, other than the petting zoo area (which we skipped) I'd honestly forgotten what all was out there. I'm glad we went and I hope your son enjoys it; and I hope you all enjoy your trip :goodvibes

Thank you!

I love taking pics of all the scenery from the train :love:

Aw, I love it too, though it's been a very long time since we've stopped to watch. How cute that Stitch came right up to you :-)

I-cannot-get-this-update-----------done :faint:

No lie, I've started and lost this update about 4x over the last 7 days. Not sure why; maybe because it's not the most......egg-citing update, or maybe because we're nearing the egg-xit day of our trip and that's always sad to write about? Well whatever the reason, I just can't get my derriere moving on this and I really want to finish it up along with my dining report before Steve and I leave on an egg-xtremely needed (ok that wording sounds weird) Disney trip in about 33 days :cheer2: So please egg-scuse me if this is boring, repetitive, or just plain egg-cruciating to get through :o

Day 6 part 3
How Do You Like Your Eggs?
Grand-Floridian Style!
We finished up a really great morning at AK/MK and went our separate ways: Ricky and Chris on a boat back to the WL to rest a knee and cool off a rash; Steve and I on a boat to the GF

IMG_8577.JPG

to check out some.....well, if you don't know by now, I truly don't know how to help you.
Remember it was a few days before Easter and while we'd seen the Easter eggs the Disney chefs had come up with and displayed over at the BC, we had yet to see the GRAND display at the GF. No way was a leaving in 2 days without seeing those, and holy moly were there a lot! I took pics of pretty much all of them and decided to post some here and some in my dining report so those that are only following one or the other could all enjoy; that's how awesome I am pixiedust:

IMG_8583.JPG

Let's begin:

There was actually a line of people looking at the eggs, so we had to go kind of slow. Which was fine because if you walk by too fast you miss the details, but it was hard to get great shots of some of them and also hard to get pictures with nobody in them sometimes.

IMG_8596.JPG

Thought of you when I saw Robin Hood @Raeven!
See the cute details around the bottoms of the eggs?

IMG_8597.JPG

This wasn't exactly my favorite and the only one I was somewhat maybe disappointed in because I do love Rapunzel, but the painting is so pretty.

IMG_8598.JPG

Yay villains! And notice Hook's hook and the Queen of Hearts card? Love the nods to the other villains :maleficen
Backside:

IMG_8606.JPG

IMG_8608.JPG

IMG_8599.JPG

I think I posted these backwards? Aristocats is forward but the gray cat is backward in the 2nd one and facing forward in the first one, but isn't Baymax facing forward in the 2nd one? I admit I've never seen Big Hero 6 :duck:But I love, love, love the design on his back here with the city skyline and Mickey head.

This one isn't a character but I'm sharing because it's gorgeous! I'm still in awe that someone made this out of chocolate:

IMG_8600.JPG

And, a Beauty with some sweet looking chocolate shavings:

IMG_8604.JPG

Don't worry my friends, more eggs to come :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter