If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

But it wasted about 15 minutes, so EMH had started by the time we got in the park :headache:
Oh this whole situation would have made me SO annoyed and frustrated!!! :mad: When you are so close, but yet so far... :sad2:

There was a boat with a mermaid skeleton, or am I crazy?????
Yes! I'm certain of that, too. :confused3

Wow! You sure packed a TON in. When I read that you had a 1:05 lunch reservation, I was shocked that you'd already squeezed in all you did by that time. That's the beauty of showing up at the park so early... especially when the bag check goes smoothly... :rolleyes1

And we're doing DL in April which doesn't require that much planning but it does require somewhere to stay, so I want to get that locked down!

Awesome, I'm so jealous!

especially now that we were 2 days before Easter.

I actually didn't realize you went THAT close to Easter :scared1:

This was more like a butcher knife but my opinion doesn't really matter, the CM's - because the one security CM called 3 other ones over - were all saying uh-uh. They told the family they could go back and bring it to their resort or leave it with GS until they left the park; the mom started screaming it was a $3000 knife and no way were they leaving it with GS. My question was WHY did they bring a $3000 knife to the park :furious: because I had to stand behind them while they argued and argued, but finally the security CM pulled them aside to talk and another one began letting us through. But it wasted about 15 minutes, so EMH had started by the time we got in the park :headache: Fit with the theme of our trip! Still, we got in a couple good rides before the crowds took over, but man they took over much sooner than they normally do at MK EMH.

That is super annoying. What a bunch of morons :sad2:

I don't know why I love Splash so much but on the rare trip when I don't ride it, I'm sad.

Because it's the BEST RIDE EVER :love::worship:

And as usual I was concerned about my bangs on the drop!

Haha! I love that you're holding on to them :rotfl:

I may have said this when I wrote about our 2nd ride on FOP, but I don't understand why it takes SO long to get on even when you have a FP. This time, from the point in the queue where we were separated to go into our room until we actually got into our room, was 35 minutes. We stood in the same spot for 35 minutes and it was so annoying

I agree! Last October I was hoping to use my FP and then get off to use Mike's, but by the time I got off, our window had closed. I love the FOP ride, but I literally HATE that annoying pre-show where you wave your arms. That guy is boring and annoying and it's such a waste of time.

Bus empties.......they're almost to exit. We start boarding............hardly any of us there...................they're on path to bus. Bus door shuts..........they see the buses........oh no, they won't make it.......I see them! I see them!! Driver sees me stand up and look.....................are you waiting for someone ma'am.......yes, myhusbandandsonarerightthereandmysoncan'trunhehadsurgery.............................don't worry, we'll wait!

#lastdaytransportationwin!!!!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Obviously they made it on, and as you can tell by Ricky's face it was his best ride of the trip :thumbsup2 In the meantime Chris and I had gone to the bus stop to head to our lunch. We were hoping they'd make it but if they didn't, we'd just see if the restaurant would hold our reservation. They got off the ride and were heading our way.....passing Starbucks.....bus pulls up. Bus empties.......they're almost to exit. We start boarding............hardly any of us there...................they're on path to bus. Bus door shuts..........they see the buses........oh no, they won't make it.......I see them! I see them!! Driver sees me stand up and look.....................are you waiting for someone ma'am.......yes, myhusbandandsonarerightthereandmysoncan'trunhehadsurgery.............................don't worry, we'll wait!

The way you wrote it sounds so exciting!

egg-cruciating
Egg-xcellent puns!!

Backside:
How dare you post a photo of Maleficent's backside! :scared1:

Just a couple more from the GF:

img_8607-jpg.343157
Oh my gosh, the mayor!!!! That's amazing!

I'll have lots of food pics over in my dining report, but for those of you that have read my previous Cape May dinner reviews I'll share this here:

img_8639-jpg.343176
:rotfl:Prior to seeing your photo I was just thinking of a smart comment about how I was sure Chris was going to enjoy the hot towels!!!

The one thing that wasn't so good was the alcoholic drink; it was pretty but super duper sweet.
:scared1::scared1::scared1: How dare they screw up the BEVERAGE?!

the mom started screaming it was a $3000 knife and no way were they leaving it with GS. My question was WHY did they bring a $3000 knife to the park
What on EARTH would possess you to bring anything worth $3000 (besides maybe a camera? or an engagement ring) to a theme park?! Some people. Sheesh.

Right??? There was a boat with a mermaid skeleton, or am I crazy?????
There was! I wonder why they took it out? I heard on a podcast the hosts joking "Hey mom, why is Ariel dead?" so maybe it was something like that?

We followed this up with a ride on Splash; I don't know why I love Splash so much but on the rare trip when I don't ride it, I'm sad.
I am sad that I didn't get to ride Splash last weekend!!! :sad: No one in my family besides me likes it though?
I may have said this when I wrote about our 2nd ride on FOP, but I don't understand why it takes SO long to get on even when you have a FP
I think it's because one (or more) of the theaters is down a lot, so they have to funnel everyone waiting in all those lines into the other working theaters. Just a hypothesis.

YAY!!!

That was crazy to think that it would be okay to take a knife into a park
:sad2: All I can think is that THEY were thinking......pocket knife? And I know you can bring a pocket knife in. But this was closer to a kitchen knife. It was totally ridiculous and unnecessary; a waste of everyone's time.

Another time we had such a long wait in the fast pass line that they gave us an anytime fp for any ride at AK.
That would be nice and completely wipe away my frustration lol!

We have had a bus wait for a member of our party if the bus driver could see that they were walking toward the bus. It is nice of them to do that.
I believe most drivers will do this if they see someone coming towards the bus, so since I stood up he knew we were waiting on someone. I suppose a not-so-nice driver could just go but we were lucky :)

Totally noticed the missing mermaid skeleton...:confused3
Glad it's not just me! Now I wish I new why.......

Side note...Joe is sitting with me (we are both actually off today). He sees the pic of Steve in his Lion King tee and says,"Damn, Steve could totally be in my family." Sigh...:rotfl2:

I was like, ummm, yes, you are both Italian...:yay:
:laughing: Funny, Steve was off Monday, too!

We noticed the boat and mermaid skeleton are gone too! We are here now and rode Pirates on Saturday. So no, you are not crazy. Wonder why they took it out...
While I'm not happy it's gone I'm happy everyone else is noticing! Wish they'd explain somewhere why :(

That is a pretty cool sight!
It is once you're up out of bed and actually there lol, but it's tough when the alarm goes off so early!

Oye... Some people are so stupid. And I also always seem to end up behind those people!
Something we have in common :faint: And since Steve and Ricky had gone ahead I couldn't even make faces at them lol. I was getting so angry I was having a hard time not saying something to these idiots......

Is that woman breast feeding on the ride? Bet she didn't know there was a ride photo!
:rotfl2:Funny, I didn't notice that until I posted it here and I almost said something but didn't want to offend anyone! I can't tell if she's breastfeeding (totally fine :thumbsup2) or the baby is just sleeping lol!!

Aww, that's like the cutest thing. We're eating at CMC for dinner for the first time in 2 weeks. Looking forward to it, and the hot towels!
Make sure you take FULL advantage of those towels! I do hope you like it. It's not a fancy signature but we've always enjoyed our meals and had good servers :)

I do agree the drink is too sweet but coming from you Ariane that is a surprise, LOL!
:laughing: If I'm saying it's sweet you KNOW it was full of sugar!

I don't understand why someone would bring that knife in, and then get mad when they try and confiscate it?!? I don't understand! I'd be so mad too, because some people lack common sense, and I just have no patience for that.
Yes, I have no patience for a lack of common sense. If it was say, a selfie stick and the owner was honestly unaware they weren't allowed, was sorry and willing to work with security, I'd deal with the inconvenience of being held up. But this was so out of hand. Besides there being NO reason for a knife this size being needed in the park, what would make someone have this on them? Makes one feel as if they brought it in just to see what would happen?? Who knows with people today :headache:

Wow! You sure packed a TON in. When I read that you had a 1:05 lunch reservation, I was shocked that you'd already squeezed in all you did by that time. That's the beauty of showing up at the park so early
Sometimes we surprise ourselves and do good lmao! But yes, that particular morning worked out well

especially when the bag check goes smoothly... :rolleyes1
with the exception of this act of stupidity :furious:

Awesome, I'm so jealous!
I've been begging Steve to go to DL for the last few years but he's refused to do the flight with Chris :rotfl:He's finally given in! We may not come home with Chris if he's too much of a PITA on the 6 hour flight out there, but we'll at least give me a chance ;)

I actually didn't realize you went THAT close to Easter :scared1:
::yes:: Got down there the Saturday before the day before lol and left the day before!

Haha! I love that you're holding on to them :rotfl:
My whole head will curl up in a NY minute but my bangs are the worst. They'll run right up into my forehead and look absolutely ridiculous so I hold on to them for dear life so they stay somewhat straight!

The way you wrote it sounds so exciting!
At least something in my life sounds exciting!

Our FP wait for FoP was way shorter this trip than in the past.
That's good to hear, I'm going to hope our FP wait doesn't annoy me next month lol

Egg-xcellent puns!!
I did ok, if I do say so myself :snooty:

Oh my gosh, the mayor!!!! That's amazing!
I thought that one was particularly awesome!

:scared1::scared1::scared1: How dare they screw up the BEVERAGE?!
I know, I mean, screw up the nuts or trail mix if you must but not my adult beverage darn it! I only get ONE with the BOX!

What on EARTH would possess you to bring anything worth $3000 (besides maybe a camera? or an engagement ring) to a theme park?! Some people. Sheesh.
:confused3 Stupidity? Lack of a brain? Knowing I was going to get in line behind them :sad2:

There was! I wonder why they took it out? I heard on a podcast the hosts joking "Hey mom, why is Ariel dead?" so maybe it was something like that?
OMG, I'd totally believe that could be it. And I do not think that's a good reason at all. Talk about being ridiculous.....

I think it's because one (or more) of the theaters is down a lot, so they have to funnel everyone waiting in all those lines into the other working theaters. Just a hypothesis.
Now that hypothesis I'll take, #drpepperandchips :thumbsup2

So, I was listening to the Touring Plans postcast this morning, and according to Jim Hill, they took out the mermaid skeleton because too many little kids were asking if that was Ariel and whether Ariel died! Yikes! Gwen hated that part. They also speculated that maybe it might be where the live actor would stand in the ride.

So, I was listening to the Touring Plans postcast this morning, and according to Jim Hill, they took out the mermaid skeleton because too many little kids were asking if that was Ariel and whether Ariel died! Yikes! Gwen hated that part. They also speculated that maybe it might be where the live actor would stand in the ride.
O-M-G :sad2: :headache: I'm sorry, I see that Gwen hated that. But Come ON! Soon there will be nothing left. Can't parents come up with anything to tell their kids when they ask this? They'll have to get rid of Cruella because, "Mommy, why did Cruella kill puppies and wear them?" And then get rid of the Descendants because "Mommy, how do villains make babies?" Ridiculous.
But thanks for telling me :P

O-M-G :sad2: :headache: I'm sorry, I see that Gwen hated that. But Come ON! Soon there will be nothing left. Can't parents come up with anything to tell their kids when they ask this? They'll have to get rid of Cruella because, "Mommy, why did Cruella kill puppies and wear them?" And then get rid of the Descendants because "Mommy, how do villains make babies?" Ridiculous.
But thanks for telling me :P
Gwen didn't like the bones period, she didn't think it was Ariel.... I was surprised when they said that. You guys are doing the Halloween Party, right? I would be interested to see if that is in fact where they are putting the live actor. THAT would make more sense...

They also talked about a trick they had for a little while that made it look like there were mermaids swimming in the water in the area. But they said it was too hard to up keep. Too bad, that was probably pretty cool.

We noticed the boat and mermaid skeleton are gone too! We are here now and rode Pirates on Saturday. So no, you are not crazy. Wonder why they took it out..
Originally it was for a tie into On Stranger tides Pirates movie. the other mermaid (swimming with boat) never worked well.

because some people lack common sense, and I just have no patience for that
OMG I would have had a very hard time holding my tongue. It's like going through the AP line-c'mon people you should know what finger you use by now!!:rotfl2:
I've been begging Steve to go to DL for the last few years
My DH has been itching to go to DL-and I thought maybe this year or next October we would make it...up until he got us AP to universal instead. But one of the (only) pro's to being smack dab in middle of country is no where is more than a 2-3 hour flight...

So, I was listening to the Touring Plans postcast this morning, and according to Jim Hill, they took out the mermaid skeleton because too many little kids were asking if that was Ariel and whether Ariel died!
It was orginally a tie in to a movie. When they refurbed the red head they took out the skeleton. At least that is from my (former) CM daughter per her roommates and friends who worked the ride.
And sheesh-if anyone knows the history of Walt Disney and his vision it wasn't all sunlight and roses!! Some of the early cartoons had very very dark themes. Frankly kids are much more perceptive and adaptable than we adults want to believe...Can we say Mr Toad's Wild ride??

Nice transportation win!! Our last 2 trips we had extreme good and bad with transportation. DHS was AWFUL in busing. tweeted to WDWtoday about it after waiting 30 minutes and bus showed up within 10 minutes. People in line ahead of us had waited nearly an hour. WDWtoday responded to the tweet too.

Catching up on the last few updates...

Who brings a huge knife to disney world and thinks they will just be able to walk in with it? I don't understand these stupid people.

I'm so glad the bus driver waited! So nice!

I love hot towels too! My dentist gives you a hot towel after your appointment and it's pretty amazing. :laughing:

Hi friends! Hope everyone is enjoying their final days of summer or, if you live where school has started and consider summer over, just hope all is well :goodvibes We're counting down until school starts on the 6th and then there's the most important countdown....................
:bounce:16 days until Disney:jumping3:
I've ordered Steve and I a couple shirts hopefully for MNSSHP if I like the way they fit; I don't usually have good luck with Etsy. I did get myself a couple from the Disney site but I only like one, I'll post a picture next time. The boys dressed up for 3 of the 4 parties we've done but Steve and I never did; as much as I like Halloween and LOVE the party, I don't do dress up.
Next up is making some kind of plan for the party! Before we leave for the party!
I was actually looking for some pictures of past MNSSHP's we've done to post here, but can't find any without searching through tons of photo albums. I did however find some other pictures of past Disney trips, so please play along as we go

BACK-IN-TIME
We won't do any TOT trails but I'm going to try a couple of the party-specific snacks; definitely know I want to try the Not So Poison Apple:

notsopoisonappole.jpg

Ok so that's not going back in time. We'll start that now :thumbsup2

For character meets I have to meet Br'er Bear and Br'er Rabbit. Sounds weird given all the characters they have there but I'm not spending an hour in line anywhere and I LOVE these guys! We met them years and years ago in AK. I came across the picture of the boys with Br'er Bear in 2010:

IMG_8455.JPG

I'd also like to meet Cruella and possibly Ariel and Prince Eric but only if we walk by when the line is short. Cruella is my favorite villain, I met her back when the villains did meet and greets after the stage show at MNSSHP and then again at Club Villain. But since apparently only half my pictures transferred from my old computer to my new one, here are the only two character Club Villain pics I can find:

IMG_2764 (1).JPG

IMG_2660 (1).JPG

The Boo to You parade is my favorite Disney parade! So We'll probably watch the first one and also the 2nd. As for Hallowishes, last time we watched from in front of the castle which was awesome, but since they go off over the water by HM I think we'll watch by the water across from Country Bears. Seems like a popular spot this year.
Then, my plan is to watch the midnight Hocus Pocus show. The last party we did in 2014 still had the Villain stage show so this will be all new to me. I guess I'll have to plan a different show as a backup in case we're too tired though :scratchin I also want to get some type of Halloween popcorn bucket but not sure which one. I have a couple Christmas ones I put out for the holiday but no Halloween ones, so it's time to change that!

Going back to the picture of the boys with Br'er Bear, he used to meet on Discovery Island with a bunch of other characters. They all seemed to come out at the same time; a group of 2 or 3, then slowly they'd go in and others would come out. We met Thumper and Mrs. Bunny there as well as Meeko:

IMG_8457.JPG

They all just kind of wandered around, but some of the Fab 5 had a regular spot to meet! At Christmas in 2007 we met them there in cute Christmas outfits but on regular days they'd have their safari outfits on, a la Tusker House:

IMG_8458.JPG

Now you all may have noticed that Chris is SMILING in these pictures. Wha....:confused3 Don't worry, we didn't do something horrible to him after that age to make him the Chris we all love today, he was always the same even back then. Here's proof:

Age 5, pissy "why are we still in Disney" face:

IMG_8456 (2).JPG

And two of my favorites, Chris's unpleasant dining experience at 50's Prime Time (and the reason he won't go back)
Age 7.5, "that server told me to get my elbows off the table!" :snooty: :furious: :sad:

IMG_8453.JPG

IMG_8454.JPG

Yes I re-sized these pictures.
You should hear him if I mention 50's Prime Time :rotfl2: If I took him there again he would HATE me. #kidholdsgrudges

And finally, one shot of me and my boys from 2013, our Mother's Day trip:

IMG_8452.JPG

I'm like a princess with my hair all blowing in the wind, even my shirt says so!

I totally had all intentions of updating on our March trip but since I'm at my picture limit I'm leaving it at this. Thanks for putting up with the interruption!

They also talked about a trick they had for a little while that made it look like there were mermaids swimming in the water in the area. But they said it was too hard to up keep. Too bad, that was probably pretty cool.
Yup I remember that, they were kind of swimming in the water next to the boat but it was hard to tell what they were.........

Originally it was for a tie into On Stranger tides Pirates movie. the other mermaid (swimming with boat) never worked well.
That makes sense. But I still don't think they needed to take out the mermaid skeleton! But yeah the swimming mermaid was pretty much a bust.

OMG I would have had a very hard time holding my tongue. It's like going through the AP line-c'mon people you should know what finger you use by now!!:rotfl2:
:laughing: So true!

And sheesh-if anyone knows the history of Walt Disney and his vision it wasn't all sunlight and roses!! Some of the early cartoons had very very dark themes. Frankly kids are much more perceptive and adaptable than we adults want to believe...
:worship: :thanks: I couldn't have said it better!

Catching up on the last few updates...
:wave:

Who brings a huge knife to disney world and thinks they will just be able to walk in with it? I don't understand these stupid people.
Right? I feel like maybe they did it to test security?

I love hot towels too! My dentist gives you a hot towel after your appointment and it's pretty amazing. :laughing:
Oh man, I think a hot towel would definitely be nice after the dentist! Chris hates the dentist so if they offered hot towels he might go with less complaining.

We're counting down until school starts on the 6th

Wow, you guys start late! We go back tomorrow.

16 days until Disney

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

as much as I like Halloween and LOVE the party, I don't do dress up.

Same! I'm looking for (another) Jack Skellington shirt. I'm so original that way :sad2:

I came across the picture of the boys with Br'er Bear in 2010:

img_8455-jpg.346647

Aw!

I also want to get some type of Halloween popcorn bucket but not sure which one.

I want Oogie Boogie…there'd better be some left by October 16th!

We met Thumper and Mrs. Bunny there as well as Meeko:

img_8457-jpg.346653

Sweet!

Now you all may have noticed that Chris is SMILING in these pictures.

I was literally JUST thinking that!

Age 5, pissy "why are we still in Disney" face:

img_8456-2-jpg.346648

Oh my :rotfl:
Age 7.5, "that server told me to get my elbows off the table!" :snooty: :furious: :sad:

img_8453-jpg.346649

img_8454-jpg.346650

This shouldn't crack me up, but it does :rotfl2:

And finally, one shot of me and my boys from 2013, our Mother's Day trip:

img_8452-jpg.346651

I'm like a princess with my hair all blowing in the wind, even my shirt says so!

Gorgeous!

Yay I'm back...love the updates...love those flashback photos too. Totally jealous of your return to Disney very soon. We will head down to Florida at the end of September for our anniversary, but are planning on doing those OTHER parks instead...and HHN...but we may use our passes to sneak in some Disney time. I would love to attend the Halloween Party and that parade is also my favorite, but I don't think it's in the cards since we are doing a tour for HHN instead.

Ok, lady, the Poison Apple cupcake, and the pumpkin cheesecake are on my list for party treats...I am definitely buying a Halloween popcorn bucket AND a refillable mug...

I bought Joe, Gia and I tees at the Disney Store for the party. I can't wait to see which ones you bought...I downloaded pics of my tees on my PTR if you're interested...:D

Cruella is actually the only character I really want to meet unless lines are short...I refuse to give up party time for a character meet in a looooong line.

Finally, Boo to You is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE parade EVER!!!! I haven't seen it in 2 years, so I'm really excited to catch it...

I hope you and Steve have an AWESOME vaca at the GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P:P:P

Our grandsons age 12 and 14 were rather grumpy during our June trip. Maybe it’s the age for it. They didn’t like the heat, either.

I love the throwback pictures, especially the one with Meeko, your boys are so little and cute and actually smiling! Time goes so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter