If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

Wow the eggs are so beautiful and intricate! I love the one in the first picture with the birds and cherry blossoms!
Gonna have to catch up on your DR right now! I have yet to eat at Beaches n Cream. It looks cute but I don't eat much ice cream anymore. However I really want that mini mickey sink bowl thing to take home and I refuse to just buy one outright. I need to earn it, LOL.
Looks like a nice relaxing afternoon at DHS, sorry Star Tours didn't sit too well with you, it is one of those simulator rides which is insanely bumpy. Looking forward to pictures of your room!

I'm with you on the Woody's Lunch Box menu - the grilled three cheese, totchos, and grown-up lemonade have my name written ALL over them :cool2:
Mmm yes, the totchos are for ME!!! I'm planning to try them on our August trip if the line isn't too ridiculous.

Joining in for the fun! I've enjoyed reading your trip reports in the past!
:welcome: I'm glad you've enjoyed my past reports and I hope I can keep you entertained this time as well :dancer:

Joining in!
:wave: happy to see you over here!

Subscribing!
Hi there, thanks for joining :goodvibes

Wow the eggs are so beautiful and intricate!
They really were, it was amazing. Steve was mightily impressed also and it takes a lot to impress him!

I will not ask why you don't eat much ice cream anymore, I'll only say I feel this for you :( because ice cream rules lol!

Day 1 Part 2:
As we Walk Into an "Alternate" Universe
I left off with us saying so-long to the first park of our trip and going back to our resort to get a look at our room. We were once again at my absolute favorite resort, Wilderness Lodge, but this time in a Copper Creek Studio! I was excited to experience this "side", I'd heard good things and liked the look of the decor from pictures I'd seen.
I hadn't made any room requests except "high floor" in the hopes of catching a glimpse of some fireworks. I rarely make room requests except at CSR where I request Casitas. We had gotten our room ready text while at HS and knew we were in room 5115. Again since I don't make requests and also don't really follow resort room maps I had no idea where this was other than the 5th floor, which I was happy about.

So we get up there and are heading to our room......and as we're approaching it I realize it's in the corner. Now some of you that are up on the CCV studios may have heard of the "alternate" studios, which are laid out a bit more like 1 bedrooms minus a door. There are only about 7 of these and they are highly desired. They are laid out this way due to the shape of the lodge and are corner rooms, at least on most of the floors.

So guess what we got???

Behold our Copper Creek ALTERNATE studio! Warning, I'm going to run out of space before I get to the views......

So we walk in (and we start small lol, because as I mentioned in my dining report I'm a loser when it comes to resizing pictures)

IMG_8204.JPG

And we have the main space, which is where you'd expect to see the pull out couch AND the bed since it's a studio and not a 1 bedroom. But where's the bed?? Well, see in the left hand corner the light coming in? That's a door to our SECOND balcony :snooty: The first one is out the sliders straight ahead, TV and door to connecting room on the right.

IMG_8201.JPG

So make a left down the hall and the bathroom is on the left, across from the door leading to our 2nd balcony:

IMG_8198.JPG

Could use a double sink but really, I'm not complaining!

They gave us a toilet which is always nice.

IMG_8199.JPG

IMG_8200.JPG

So continue down to the left, pass the bathroom and come inside from our cool 2nd balcony. Where are you? In the pretty much separate bedroom because we had the alternate studio!!

IMG_8196.JPG

IMG_8195.JPG

TV on wall across from bed; so two TV's since one in living area across from pull out. You can see doorway into living area to the left:

IMG_8197.JPG

As I mentioned somewhere, could have been here or my dining report because even though I'm still on day 1 I can't remember what I write where, the alternate studio is pretty much a 1 bedroom minus a door on the bedroom. If we were laying in bed, we could see into the living area a little but not see the kids laying down. And they couldn't see into the bedroom unless they stood in the doorway almost.

We were so happy when we walked in, our luck usually swings towards crappy and we got an awesome room! The alternate studio really gives you a lot more space - I think, having never been in a regular CCV studio. The separation was nice with the kids as was having 2 TV's. We could still hear them being annoying at night but everything can't always be perfect!
Here's Chris doing what Chris does best, about 5 minutes after we got in the room and 10 minutes before he made up the bed and was under the covers for the night at like, 5:45:

IMG_8202.JPG

And here is another awesome thing we noticed after checking out the room, the view from balcony #1 a.k.a the view from the sliders:

IMG_8205.JPG

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

CONTINUED FROM LAST POST:

More of our view:

IMG_8207.JPG

I love the picture below; for some reason I feel like it shows lots going on, lots of action: people in the pool, a guest on the bridge, a couple people strolling in front of the fence. This was from our smaller, 2nd balcony closer to the bedroom:

IMG_8206.JPG

This was the view looking to the right from our slider balcony:

IMG_8208.JPG

And this was right under the smaller balcony. You could also see it from the bigger balcony:

IMG_8209.JPG

What the...??? I don't get why every few pictures one comes out so small?? I resize them all the same, whatever. Sorry for so many view pictures but as you can tell, I absolutely adore the lodge. I couldn't get enough of looking out the windows and standing on the balcony just taking this all in. I will never tire of staying there.

After we settled in we needed FOOD! Geyser Point was an option but even though we were tired we decided to trek over to the Polynesian so I could have something I tried back in November and had had dreams about since. You can find my review already done over in my dining report, but I'll give you one gorgeous picture here:

IMG_8211.JPG

These are the pulled-pork nachos from Capt. Cooks at the Poly; you can also order them while chilling (drinking) at Tambu Lounge. If they served these at the WL I'd never have to leave. Ricky, Steve and I sat outside with this as our view:

IMG_8214.JPG

along with lots of watercraft going by and just enjoyed the nice weather and some people watching. At the same time Chris was relaxing back in the room because why venture out when you have a bed and a TV? Steve took him down to Roaring Fork when we got back around 8:30 and he was good.

That was it for our first day! I think we did pretty well for getting up before 3am; we ate good and spent some time enjoying HS. But we were also more than happy to get to sleep! I wasn't forcing anyone to do an early RD in the morning but we were still going to attempt a somewhat decent start to the day, as I was a tad concerned that our park of choice would be more crowded than HS had been today. Um-hmm.........

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Tomorrow morning I'm going to school with Chris for our last Muffins with Moms, since he goes to Jr. High next year. Unbelievable! I mean, attitude wise he's definitely ready but in my head he's still a baby. Then Sunday we're celebrating Ricky's 16th birthday with family. His birthday was the 8th but we went to Boston that weekend to see the Celtics play and last weekend my oldest stepson had to work which is why we're just doing it now. Oh, and 2 weeks from tomorrow Steve and I will be back in Disney!!! Right now I have a meet up planned with @Raeven who I've been lucky enough to already meet twice since we don't live far from each other, but she hasn't met Steve yet and this time I'll get to meet Josh. I'm also hoping to see my very good friend Whitney @Whit64130, whom I know hasn't been on the boards for awhile but some of you I'm sure are familiar with. Really looking forward to both those meets because DISFriend meet-ups are awesome :hug:

We were so happy when we walked in, our luck usually swings towards crappy and we got an awesome room!
We have had a mixed bag on the room location. I also, try not to sweat too much on the location of our rooms. I feel like you can go batty!

We could still hear them being annoying at night but everything can't always be perfect!
Ha! I know the annoying sibling arguing...

The separation was nice with the kids as was having 2 TV's. We could still hear them being annoying at night but everything can't always be perfect!
This room looks amazing! And really makes me want to try the DVC side! And request specific rooms!

Also, the last time we were there, they wanted us to do a DVC tour and I said no. Maybe I should have done it. It could have swayed Andy... hmmm he love WL and would def stay there every time. if you know, we could afford it, which seem like is getting harder to do.

Here's Chris doing what Chris does best, about 5 minutes after we got in the room and 10 minutes before he made up the bed and was under the covers for the night at like, 5:45:

img_8202-jpg.318037
So, Gwen and Casey would get along. But I think Morgan is very much like Chris! She would have complained about leaving the room.

OMG! This picture makes me want to stay here again!

You had a really good location! The very first time we stayed, they gave us a room, alllllllll the way at the end of that row you are looking at. It was far. And at that point we had the double stroller and the elevator was allllll the way by the lobby. I don't understand why they didn't put elevators at the far end of the two wings.

What the...??? I don't get why every few pictures one comes out so small?? I resize them all the same, whatever.
You should try flickr. I find it sooo much easier, you don't have to size them. Just send them to flicker and then cut and paste the code instead.

At the same time Chris was relaxing back in the room because why venture out when you have a bed and a TV?
Again, Morgan and Chris could hang out together. Bed and TV are all you need! Actually as we speak, we are dragging the girls out today to do something "fun" for Andy's birthday. And they are just all whiny about having to get out of there PJ's.

Just got subscribed! Better late than never! I'm always excited for a TR at Wilderness Lodge. I love that place!!

Sounds like a good first day so far. A nice meal at B&C and some HS time. My wife shares your thoughts on Star Tours. She can ride it one time and she's done. Me and DS6 could go on it over and over and over...and sometimes we do!

Wow you scored with your room I love it so much! The decor is so light and pretty and everything is well placed. Looks like there was lots of storage.
Your view from the main balcony is stunning looking out past the pool to the water and trees :cloud9:
So exciting you get to meet up with @Raeven and Josh plus seeing @whitney again :yay:
:bday: Ricky

Leaving Wednesday to fly down and move Kathy back
We found super low airfare for the week before Memorial Day and just booked 3 days at Cabana Bay Tower Suite for 134 a night and 5 days at HRH pool view for 229 a night :beach:
We plan on using Uber to visit Disney while we're at Cabana Bay then enjoy Universal when we have EP

I will fully admit, I've been afraid to click on your last TR since you put in the title you had these new links... I'm so behind on the boards! But I'm here now and will need to get caught up... but probably not tonight because we're seeing Aladdin at the theatre!! :genie:

Wow you seriously lucked out with the corner studio! Is this something you can request or it is just luck that you can get this room? Totally awesome and I love the decor!
Those pulled pork nachos look delicious! I finally had the pulled pork fries at AK last year and they were really good. Good to know you can get them at Tambu or at Captain Cooks. Even though we stayed at the Poly last year in August we did not eat in Captain Cooks much, we just had so many sit down meals planned that no one was hungry when we were back at the resort, LOL.

Mmm yes, the totchos are for ME!!!
I am looking forward to those totchos!

There are only about 7 of these and they are highly desired.
Everyone is always asking how to get those rooms!

Behold our Copper Creek ALTERNATE studio!
So envious! Everything looks awesome!

We were so happy when we walked in, our luck usually swings towards crappy and we got an awesome room!
Glad you guys were the lucky ones!

If they served these at the WL I'd never have to leave.
:rotfl2:

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Tomorrow morning I'm going to school with Chris for our last Muffins with Moms, since he goes to Jr. High next year. Unbelievable!
Awwww! And yes, they grow up way too fast.

Then Sunday we're celebrating Ricky's 16th birthday with family. His birthday was the 8th
Happy Birthday to Ricky!

Oh, and 2 weeks from tomorrow Steve and I will be back in Disney!!!
Wahoo!

Well, we didn't have to worry about that! We left about 7 minutes after loading on to the bus - after standing in line for 30 minutes :faint: #transportationfail#1. Still didn't dampen our moods because it was the beginning of vacation which we all know is the BEST part of vacation!

I think I'd rather sit and wait rather than stand and wait. THere'll be plenty of that soon enough on a Disney vacay.

*sidenote, love the Minnie Vans. This was our 4th time taking one. They are clean, quick, and every CM driver we've encountered is friendly and courteous. Great option when you need to get somewhere quick or somewhere you can't get directly to from where you are*

Are these still available? I need to research them a bit for quick options.

Only quoted this one to remind me to comment on how amazing ALL of them were. Really fun and well done!

WHOO! I'm just bummed I have to wait until August for it! The SB line was at 120 so we used our FP and that was it. Afterwards we noticed the SW stage show was about to begin and Ricky wanted to watch, so we did

That does seem like a long time, but soon enough for my next trip! WOOHOO!

I had my eyes closed the whole time and felt like I was going to vomit all over the place, so there's my feeling on the whole situation.

LOL!! So, tell us how you really feel.

Your studio is a former deluxe room. It looks like a perfect room for a family with teenagers.

We always take the first flight out of Midway when we go to Disney, which means waking up about 3am. We love that flight because it always leaves on time. The plane sits there overnight. But it sure makes for an early bed time that night.

I'm here :wave:

We started in DHS also and I can't believe how sad that place has gotten. Even the kids were disappointed. I guess we'll just have to be patient for it to be awesome again.

Your view at CCV is amazing! And, how cool that you got a secret studio, you totally lucked out, especially with four of you in the room! That couldn't be more perfect! I didn't know that was even a thing.

I'll have to head over soon to your dining report. I'm trying to catch up on all my trip reports and then I'll have to start my own at some point!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!