If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

She's cute, nice, and we met her mom and stepdad at Crystal Palace lunch. You won't believe what her mom's name is which Eric didn't mention until we got there - ARIANE!

Wow what are the chances of that!?

Notice he dropped his bag when they started running toward each other lol. And as soon as she got to him she jumped on him and wrapped her legs around him :crazy2:

WOW.
img_8808-jpg.322329

Aww she's really hot him wrapped around her finger!

We actually got a great spot for the parade and watched right where it begins in Frontierland, and shortly after that I had my 2nd DISMeet of the trip:

img_8942-jpg.322341

Great picture! Was so jealous of you guys having a DISmeet! But it's so cool you got to meet up finally!

I may have gotten a dress in the Dress Shop at Cherry Tree Lane:

snowwhitedress-jpeg.322346

So cute! I love that dress!

Adorable, until Eric told us her parents want him to move in with THEM :sad2: I'm not getting into it all here but I think you need more than 3 days with someone to do this, plus he only met the parents for one night, plus what do they know about him and they're inviting him to live with them???? I mean WE know he's great, but how do they? And Eric is dying to move out of his mom's house so why move in with a mom you don't even know?

This relationship seems to be progressing very fast! I guess a lot can happen online these days! :rotfl:

And then experienced the WORST bus line we'd EVER seen in all our visits to Disney. We got to the POP stop and there had to be 200 people in front of us :faint: We got on the 3rd bus, YES, the 3rd bus. Not fun at all and if we hadn't already decided values aren't for us, this sealed the deal.

Ugh that the worst, at the end of a long park day...

I hoped we'd be to the park by 8:30 but I knew it was wishful thinking; 8:45 would be more like it. Can you say..........9:05? Because the bus at first was supposed to come at 8:24 which wasn't too bad, but then we watched the time change, and change, and change, until it finally came at 8:54 :headache: SO MAD! We didn't go for an Uber or our favorite, the Minnie Van, because around 8:27 a bus came in that SAID Epcot so we thought we were good, until it pulled over to the side and sat there until 8:54. Mistake on our part and also #transportationfail2.

Oh no sorry for the transportation fail at the beginning of the day too! It's happened to all of us. :(

img_8304-jpg.323020

Any of you that read my dining report from last spring know that this is Steve's equivalent of heaven: the Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer from the La Isla Fresca booth!

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! Heaven!!

That is the cutest egg!!

OMG Eric was rubbing his hands together on the plane for the last 30 minutes, his palms were sweating! And when they stood together for me to take a picture at the airport, he put his arm around her and she said, "you're shaking like crazy!" I think he was more nervous than she was!
So sweet! I kind of love that he was more nervous than her.

, but at the same time I don't. Made me want to slow down time even more watching Eric on this trip and thinking about him moving away :(
YES! Can we slow all of them down. They are growing up too fast!!!! For sure.

We eventually made it to Epcot and the rest of my travel party booked it to the "guests with no bags" line while I and 250,000 of my closest friends went to the "guests with bags" lines. I had never ever seen the lines for security this bad!
EPCOT was def the longest and worst security lines for us on our trip. Not sure if they don't have enough room to put more people? But We waited a LONG time there as well.

That was followed by LWTL, where the posted wait was 20
oye! Between this and the line you described for Mexico, that's just crazy.

And something made me take this :P

img_8298-jpg.323015
hmmmm what could you be thinking...

Here's the during shot. Hair blowing in my face, Ricky's standard ride face, Chris blocked by Steve trying to be cool:
I never think to pull my hair back on this ride, and my picture is always crazy hair like this!

img_8305-jpg.323021

At last years' F&G Festival I developed a newfound taste for cider and this trio did not disappoint. My favorite was definitely the Pineapple with the Black Cherry a close second. I wasn't quite as big a fan of the Apple Orange but I liked it enough to finish it!
YuM!

Not sure why I look a little crazy.......so any of you who are "newer" to the DIS may not recognize my friend, but I know lots of you DO know who she is: BILLIE! or @Elevationist on here. Billie used to write amazing dining reports but isn't really on here much anymore. It was so great ti finally meet her in person, and we ran into each other again the following day at MK, too!
We ran into Billie when we were there in October. I loved her trip reports and was sorry that she stopped writing them. I was pleasantly surprised to find her in Magic Kingdom. :)

Steve and I ended up on the bridge just past BOG, where you can watch the Mine Train come out of the tunnel. The view of the fireworks from here is beautiful and or course we weren't crowded at all. There were quite a few other guests watching from that area and many with kids who I assume didn't want to brave the crowds, so yes you're missing the projections (don't care about the projections) but OMG it's just so peaceful and nice:
We watched the fireworks from the stroller parking lot for Enchanted Tales with Belle and it felt like the fireworks were exploding on top of us. It was a fun place to watch them, especially since we were able to sit on the wall instead of stand in a crowd.

And then experienced the WORST bus line we'd EVER seen in all our visits to Disney. We got to the POP stop and there had to be 200 people in front of us :faint: We got on the 3rd bus, YES, the 3rd bus. Not fun at all and if we hadn't already decided values aren't for us, this sealed the deal.
We had terrible bus experiences when staying at POR two years ago. I think we waited for 4 buses from DHS at park close one night and three buses from Epcot another night. It doesn't stop us from staying at that resort, but it does stop us from staying until park close.

And then we got on the bus and got to the airport where we met Eric and Victoria, and I couldn't watch them say good-bye because I'd start crying. Until he walked over and announced her parents want him to move in and that's what he wants to do. And I promptly answered with "Whoa, WHOA! Slow down there!" We haven't heard anything else on the matter since then, and I know he's 27, but I don't like it!!!
I'm surprised that the parents are promoting the idea of having a 27 year old man that they hardly know move into their home. I would be uncomfortable with this idea, too.

La Hacienda.....not a good as I'd hoped. But I may have just ordered wrong, Steve had fish tacos and loved them. I of course loved my avocado margarita but was disappointed in my app. I ordered the queso fundido and had something totally different in my head than what I got. Then as my entree I almost went with the chicken dish but instead got the cheese empanadas which were the same as the ones at the QS. Very good, and the rice and beans were delicious. But between that and the app it was so much cheese I didn't eat much of my entree and was wishing I had some meat. I don't know that we'll be back; even though the food at San Angel wasn't out of this world and Steve didn't like the seating, I think we'd go there again first if we do Mexican (which I love) again.
We have an ADR at La Hacienda next month when we are there with my sister, our son and grandsons. We had one delicious meal there a few years ago but a less than good experience a year or so later. My sister really wanted to go back here because she was with us when we had the really good meal. But hearing your report makes me nervous about it.The queso fundido was super thick and hard to eat. Was that what you experienced? I like San Angel better.

The park opened at 9 as usual, and we made it down to the bus stop by 8:08. Not bad! I hoped we'd be to the park by 8:30 but I knew it was wishful thinking; 8:45 would be more like it. Can you say..........9:05? Because the bus at first was supposed to come at 8:24 which wasn't too bad, but then we watched the time change, and change, and change, until it finally came at 8:54 :headache: SO MAD! We didn't go for an Uber or our favorite, the Minnie Van, because around 8:27 a bus came in that SAID Epcot so we thought we were good, until it pulled over to the side and sat there until 8:54. Mistake on our part and also #transportationfail2.
We usually have good bus service when staying at the WL, but, like you, we had trouble with the buses to Epcot.

Found your new trip report today!! I'm in!!

I have a question for you since now you have done both Mardi Gras at Universal and Easter at WDW. I'm planning a spring trip for next year. Definitely will do Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. But I couldn't decide if I should do early spring for Mardi Gras at Universal or late spring for Easter at WDW. I don't think they will overlap in 2019 like this past year since Easter will be on April 21 next year. I'd love to see the Mardi Gras parade. But all the Easter egg creations at WDW look so tempting!! I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!

The crowds seriously sucked over spring break this year. I think everyone who took a spring break went to Disney the same time we were there...
I knew the week before Easter is typically busier than the week after, so I think we were just there at the "wrong" time lol
Nothing irritates me more than going through bag check getting on the monorail and THEN having to do it a SECOND time at EPCOT. And honestly, I felt like some of the security people were purposefully slow…making small talk and chit-chat. I just wanted to tell them to stop talking and just check the bags already! I know, I'm a beeotch :oops:
Well then I'm a beeotch too, because I'm the same way! I appreciate when they're friendly and nice as opposed to acting like they're sure I'm carrying an atomic bomb on my person, but I'm always like, "yeah I'm from NY, yeah going to be a nice day, just SHUT IT AND LET ME THROUGH!!!!!"

Hmmm...now you have my thinking. Chad told me he wanted to try San Angel thinking it would be such nice ambiance, but I have heard it isn't that great. So he said lets skip it then. But maybe we should try that one first. Is La Hacienda all inside? Are there windows? I thought about trying it during Illuminations but only if there was a semi decent view.
There are windows and if you get a window seat, I think the view of Illuminations would be great BUT, they won't let you wait for a window table. Our reservation was 7:15 and we didn't get a window table which was fine, but we heard lots of parties asking to wait for a window seat and they were all told no. We finished about 8:25 and our server was nice enough to tell us if we wanted to, we could move over to one window table that had opened up and sit there for Illuminations, but we didn't feel like sitting for another 35 minutes so we declined. Ambiance-wise I think San Angel wins because the interior decor of La Hacienda isn't anything special. I'd actually go with San Angel first; yeah the tables are closer together and you aren't going to be floored by the food, but it isn't bad and the kids will like it better I think :)

I'm impressed you waited for Soarin' with that kind of wait. It was outside of the regular queue when we went early in the morning, so we skipped it. We decided our time would be better off spent on the Land (well kids weren't happy about that one) and then The Seas. We ended up returning on our way out to ride Soarin' with a FP+ reservation.
I only waited because I get excited when the boys actually agree on doing something lol! And I remember the picture of the Soarin' queue from your report :scared1: Not nice.

This is how I am going to convince my boys to ride this...by telling them they get to design a car!
I think they'll love it once they're on!

I wanted to throw out that I met my DH online. We did talk for like 2 months before meeting, he was local though. We started talking in Nov, met in Jan, and moved in together in March. But we were both mid/upper 30's so we had been around the block a few times.
I think being older is important and makes a difference. And even though you moved in together after a couple months I'm sure you spent a decent amount of time together in Jan/Feb. And, while you were getting to know each other those couple months neither of you moved a couple thousand miles away to live with the other ones' parents after knowing them for 24 hours lol. I have no issue with how they've met or with them staying together, I just don't want Eric to do anything rash that he then regrets.

Your little mini trip sounded fun. Your stepson and his girlfriend sound like they really hit it off. I'm sure it's a scary thought to think they are moving so fast. We want them to grow up and be happy but a little heartbreaking to the momma.
It's hard letting them go. I can only imagine how hard it'll be when it's Ricky and Chris, but Eric has been my stepson for 16 years and in my life for almost 24 years so he and his older brother Jason are truly MY SONS also. And if I'm being honest, I did feel bad for his mom (whom I have not always gotten along with). I know it had to kill her that I was meeting Victoria first; I also know she would have 100% flipped if she heard Eric say he was moving in with her parents which I'm sure he still hasn't mentioned to her lol.

That is crazy. Why would it pull up and then not pick up people. Even more why didn't you go all New York on them and demand he pull up :(
LMAO Steve gets pissed when my NY comes out. You know, those Italian NY sanitation guys know how to keep their cool. They gotta or else they blow their covers ;)

And since I'm all incensed and mad at your wait from 2 months ago, do you have any idea why they have cast members there in the morning who look all official with their clipboards but seem to have no actual point :confused3
Absolutely no reason? The same reason when at my bank, more than 2 people are on line and a manger type starts asking every customer that comes in "Hi! What can I help you with today?" Um, I want to deposit money/get money/cash a check? "Oh great, just stand here in line!" Yeah, you mean like I would have done even if you didn't tell me to? :faint:

And Steve, oh Steve. He and Jason are definitely on the same wave length.
::yes:: :laughing:

Think I'll just skip spring break. Be sure my travel agent tells me no if I ever even think about it
If you're lucky she'll tell you the best times to go, which will be whenever she's going lol.

Josh blocked me while trying to be cool when we rode TT last :lmao:
They only think of themselves lol!

Wow what are the chances of that!?
It was so weird! Weirder still that Eric didn't tell us until we were standing there meeting! I'm sure Eric's mom thinks it's wonderful lol

Aww she's really hot him wrapped around her finger!
Um, yup. But it's not fun seeing your boys wrapped around a girls finger. Sometimes you want to smack the girl (but I didn't just say that)

Great picture! Was so jealous of you guys having a DISmeet! But it's so cool you got to meet up finally!
I've loved meeting all my DIS friends, but I was so SO happy to be able to meet Billie after "knowing" her for so long! I miss her here and I did make a couple digs about her coming back lol. She is so incredibly sweet.

oye! Between this and the line you described for Mexico, that's just crazy.
It was most definitely crazy. We've seen ridiculous QS lines during Thanksgiving week but never once on our two visits during that week did we ever say we were sorry to be there or we'd never come back; we've said that we won't go back spring break. Will we stick to that? I don't know, but there were most certainly times it wasn't pleasant!

hmmmm what could you be thinking...
Exactly what you're thinking :rotfl2:My mind went right there!

I never think to pull my hair back on this ride, and my picture is always crazy hair like this!
I always think about it as soon as we pull away from the loading area, and I never have a hair tie with me..........

We ran into Billie when we were there in October. I loved her trip reports and was sorry that she stopped writing them.
I used to check every day to see if she'd updated her reports! I miss them also and I let her know that she's missed here. Hoping she'll come back :goodvibes

We watched the fireworks from the stroller parking lot for Enchanted Tales with Belle and it felt like the fireworks were exploding on top of us.
That's how I felt on the bridge. My favorite place to watch Wishes was from the carousel because it felt like I was directly under the fireworks pixiedust:

I'm surprised that the parents are promoting the idea of having a 27 year old man that they hardly know move into their home. I would be uncomfortable with this idea, too.
This floors me, too. They do not know him and so easily would let him in their house???? With their 20 year old daughter? Whom I know,yes, is also of legal age but still. So not only do I think it's too quick and risky on Eric's part, I question parents who would offer this so quickly to a stranger.

he queso fundido was super thick and hard to eat. Was that what you experienced? I like San Angel better.
Exactly what I found and I was disappointed. While I didn't think San Angel was the best Mexican I'd ever had ( I love Mexican food) I enjoyed it more and, other than the tables being so close together, Steve was happy there and I think that's where we'll go next.

Found your new trip report today!! I'm in!!
Hello and :welcome: I'm glad you found me!

I have a question for you since now you have done both Mardi Gras at Universal and Easter at WDW. I'm planning a spring trip for next year. Definitely will do Flower and Garden Festival at Epcot. But I couldn't decide if I should do early spring for Mardi Gras at Universal or late spring for Easter at WDW. I don't think they will overlap in 2019 like this past year since Easter will be on April 21 next year. I'd love to see the Mardi Gras parade. But all the Easter egg creations at WDW look so tempting!! I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks!!
Mmmm , this is hard :scratchin The Mardi Gras parade is FUN, and it's long, not just a short, thrown together parade. However the Easter eggs were so amazing, between the 2 I would choose the eggs but for one thing: crowds :sad2: Both years I was at Mardi Gras the crowds were so manageable, even though we had Express Pass the standby lines were not long at all! Walking the parks was easy, no long lines at restaurants, food stands, etc. But the spring break crowds were ridiculous and did affect pretty much every aspect of our trip. Considering the eggs were only out about a week before Easter and I believe went away a day or two after, to see them you'd be there prime spring break time. So if you can get F&G in either way, and I'm surprising myself here, I'm going to say try Mardi Gras :thumbsup2

Wanting to let you know I'm all caught up again. :) Not getting much DIS time lately since I am swamped with stuff I gotta get done at home in prep for graduation parties here at home, but am trying to keep caught up.

Crazy about how fast they think they need to take things. WOWZA! I'd be completely uncomfortable too. WAY too fast!

There are windows and if you get a window seat, I think the view of Illuminations would be great BUT, they won't let you wait for a window table. Our reservation was 7:15 and we didn't get a window table which was fine, but we heard lots of parties asking to wait for a window seat and they were all told no. We finished about 8:25 and our server was nice enough to tell us if we wanted to, we could move over to one window table that had opened up and sit there for Illuminations, but we didn't feel like sitting for another 35 minutes so we declined. Ambiance-wise I think San Angel wins because the interior decor of La Hacienda isn't anything special. I'd actually go with San Angel first; yeah the tables are closer together and you aren't going to be floored by the food, but it isn't bad and the kids will like it better I think :)
Thank you!

I think they'll love it once they're on!
I think so too, though AJ may complain about the fast part...lol.

I think being older is important and makes a difference.
Totally agree.

I just don't want Eric to do anything rash that he then regrets.
Completely understand.

Mmmm , this is hard :scratchin The Mardi Gras parade is FUN, and it's long, not just a short, thrown together parade. However the Easter eggs were so amazing, between the 2 I would choose the eggs but for one thing: crowds :sad2: Both years I was at Mardi Gras the crowds were so manageable, even though we had Express Pass the standby lines were not long at all! Walking the parks was easy, no long lines at restaurants, food stands, etc. But the spring break crowds were ridiculous and did affect pretty much every aspect of our trip. Considering the eggs were only out about a week before Easter and I believe went away a day or two after, to see them you'd be there prime spring break time. So if you can get F&G in either way, and I'm surprising myself here, I'm going to say try Mardi Gras :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your feedback!! Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!

I'm trying hard not to be a lurker. I had to hit the ground running at work as soon as we got back so it's been hard staying caught up on everyone's reports.

I hate we weren't able to make a Dis-meet work out this last trip. Maybe one day...

Can you say..........9:05? Because the bus at first was supposed to come at 8:24 which wasn't too bad, but then we watched the time change, and change, and change, until it finally came at 8:54 :headache: SO MAD! We didn't go for an Uber or our favorite, the Minnie Van, because around 8:27 a bus came in that SAID Epcot so we thought we were good, until it pulled over to the side and sat there until 8:54. Mistake on our part and also #transportationfail2.

oh oh oh. I feel your pain. We had an almost transportation disaster ourselves on this past trip. So very frustrating!!!

Wanting to let you know I'm all caught up again. :) Not getting much DIS time lately since I am swamped with stuff I gotta get done at home in prep for graduation parties here at home, but am trying to keep caught up.
:wave: Hey, stop by when you can! I'm moving pretty darn slow here and on my dining report anyway lol. Enjoy the graduation parties!

Thank you!
:thumbsup2

You just need to hang out with Morgan and Gwen, they wear hair ties like bracelets. So, they always have multiple on there wrists!
I do that at home in case I want to throw my hair up; don't know why I don't do it at home!

I'm trying hard not to be a lurker. I had to hit the ground running at work as soon as we got back so it's been hard staying caught up on everyone's reports.
That's ok, I have been absolutely horrific about keeping up on everyone else's reports the last like 9 months.

I hate we weren't able to make a Dis-meet work out this last trip. Maybe one day...
I know, we had a good trip but it wasn't exactly what I thought it would be and we switched some stuff around............it'll happen one day, I don't plan on slowing down my visits and you just keep adding them :goodvibes

oh oh oh. I feel your pain. We had an almost transportation disaster ourselves on this past trip. So very frustrating!!!
Oh man, well I hope overall you had a great trip!

Hi all! I hope all of you reading this are in for better weather wherever you are than we're getting here for the rest of the holiday weekend: rain. And, rain. Which stinks because my sister and her boys just got in from Georgia and we're going to have about 25 people over tomorrow, so I'd really like to be able to be outside! Not to mention Steve is BBQ'ing which is much nicer to do when it isn't pouring :umbrella:

So please bear with me as the beginning of this is going to be a real life update, and I apologize up front because it's not really anything fun. Those of you who have read my previous TR's know that Ricky is a basketball player. Well, more than that, basketball is - was - his life. It was what he did whenever he wasn't in school; it was his social life, his passion, where his circle of friends came from, where his drive came from. It was everything to him. Then last summer he decided to play football come fall for the first time for school, mainly for the workout during the basketball off-season. We seriously didn't think he'd end up playing since he's not big and NEVER played in his life, but he did! He's small but super fast. Unfortunately in game 3 he had a really bad accident and tore his ACL, which put him out of basketball this year, his sophomore year. And he was guaranteed to be on the team. This was huge, devastating blow, but with the support of the team and an excellent, fantastic coach who kept him on anyway and guaranteed him a spot his jr. year, he handled it better than I thought and came through surgery.

He was doing real well; finished PT back in March and after this trip, started a sports rehabilitation program. He was hoping to be cleared in another few months, and since he was running (with clearance) and shooting he would do some of the basketball summer program at the school.

We returned from our quick May trip on 5/8 and shortly after got bad news; that night Ricky re-tore his ACL. It happens. It happens if you aren't as careful as you should be and do too much before you're strong enough. Ricky did more than shoot, he was doing drills and pivoted too quickly on it. We thought he possibly tore his meniscus which wouldn't have been ideal, never thought his ACL was torn again. This means another painful surgery, another long recovery, and worst of all no more school ball. Being out two years, no chance they'll take him as a senior. I cannot, cannot tell you how heartbreaking this is, to see him have to deal with this. What pushed him to move forward and work hard at recovery isn't there now. I know it isn't the end of the world and could be worse, and he does too. But to a teenager whose dreams are now crushed that doesn't matter, and honestly it doesn't matter to his mom, either.

He's handling it so much better than expected, or at least he appears to be and hopefully that's truly the case. Me, not so much. I'll be ok and then not, like when he brought his yearbook home today and opened it to the boys' basketball page:

IMG_8951.JPG

So nice, touching, and to me, sad. Oh and he's in the picture on top with the varsity team, on the end in his gray varsity track suit :) So to end this real life and sad life part of my update, we've scheduled his surgery for July 20th. This will allow him to do Driver's Ed over the summer which in NY means he'll get his senior driver's license at 17 instead of 18; if he doesn't, then he can only drive until 9pm until he's 18. Waiting until 7/20 also gives him at least part of the summer to be mobile and hang out with friends, and we can go on one of our vacations which is just a one night trip to Hershey, PA to meet up with my sister and her boys.

The vacation we will not be able to take sadly is our August Disney trip, which sucks because I was going to be able to meet up with a few of my DIS friends. We just can't do his surgery after that and still have him feeling good enough by the time school starts. On a brighter note, we've rescheduled for Thanksgiving again. We do love going for the holiday and this will also mean we'll be away when basketball season starts at school. Eventually I'll post more details about that trip and eventually I'm sure I'll be more excited about it. Thank you for letting me write all this out, it was longer than I meant it to be but it actually made me feel better.

And now I'll go back to March and happier times, with
DAY 3 PART 2
BEING DIRECTIONALLY CHALLENGED
GIVES ME THE (HOUSE OF) BLUES

If any of you can remember where I left off, we'd attempted to have some fun in Epcot after our Via Napoli lunch but with the crowds, it wasn't happening so we retreated back to the resort. Steve and I made a pit stop in the gift shop where I finally bought a WL sweatshirt. Sorry about the blurry one!
IMG_8956.JPG

IMG_8955.JPG

I do wear this proudly around town! And then when we got up to our room we found this on our pillow:

IMG_8325.JPG

The only reason we could think that we got these is because I'd gone down when we'd checked in and asked them to come back and vacuum and they didn't, so I had to ask the next day and they still didn't so I'd asked that morning also. They did finally vacuum (when we checked in I noticed crumbs etc. on the floor) and maybe this was their way of acknowledging that it wasn't cool we had to ask 3x? I was just happy they vacuumed, the chocolate was an added bonus!

It was now mid afternoon and the plan was to do some shopping in DS before a 6:30 ADR we had at House of Blues. Chris had retired to his sofa bed and was done for the day but Ricky was up for more since you know, it was still afternoon. We went out to catch a bus and while the wait wasn't short it wasn't unreasonable; soon we were in DS. I did the shopping I wanted to do which included picking up this baby:

IMG_8954.JPG

Love it!! Still haven't used it, in fact I just took the picture today and as you see the tags are still on. And it still smells nice and new :goodvibes Ricky looked around Nike and UA for a sweatshirt but didn't find one, and I looked in a few stores for baby stuff but didn't find anything I liked enough to buy. We went in Amorettes but instead I chose to get something from the Ganachery for the first time and I was not disappointed!

At this point two things happened: 1. it started to drizzle and 2. Ricky's knee started bothering him. He was just passed 4 months post-surgery, doing well (at that point :() but this was by far the most he'd walked since the surgery. We stopped for a minute to discuss our next move because we still had an hour until our ADR, I was pretty much done shopping and I didn't want Ricky walking much more. After debating for a bit we decided to nix HOB even though we really wanted to try it and go to Geyser Point instead, so now to the buses we go!

Except Steve and I disagreed somewhat on where exactly the buses were.......:sad2: I said they were where they are, which was NOT by House of Blues. Steve on the other hand believed them to be right over there by HOB and in that direction we went after a bit of light, gentle arguing :headache: I let him and Ricky walk ahead of me because whomever got there first was going to have a little farther to walk when we turned around to go the CORRECT way..........so we get over there to the wrong end and Steve starts questioning himself and looking at me; I shrug my shoulders back at him. He sees a CM standing there and asked her "which way to the buses?" and she points (with two fingers of course) past HOB, down a walkway past the Cirque building, and we do see a few people going that way. We see people going that way because that's where all the paid transportation goes, and the shuttles to non-Disney resorts :furious: Now I mamy not have known that but I did know this wasn't the way to the DISNEY buses, and Steve finally acknowledged that. So now in the drizzle with my son's leg hurting we had to walk all the way to the total opposite end of DS to get on our bus. Folks, I was very kind here in my description of how this played out, the facial expressions that we shot at each other and the words that were exchanged were not all G-rated! Anyway, I count this as both a #timeandtransportationfail.

Eventually we made it to the actual bus stops and got in line for WL behind folks we found out had been waiting there already for 30 minutes. Sucks for them but this means a bus will be along any minute! Because surely after all that stupid, senseless walking we wouldn't experience #tranportationfail#3, right?

30 minutes later and quite a few "where are you I'm hungry" texts from Chris, we were on a bus with the extremely unhappy people who had now been waiting an hour. I don't know why we didn't call a Minnie Van, if I didn't say this already we used those vans like 7x on our 3 night trip earlier this month and even at $25 a pop plus tip, it's some of the best $$ we spent and we will continue to spend. By the time we got back to WL it was pouring and we weren't sure if eating at GP was going to work, but luckily the rain let up within about 20 minutes. We told Chris no, we would not bring him food back to the room, so he somehow managed to climb out of bed and join us by the water for a lovely dinner.

Even though our park time was short and DS didn't work out quite the way we planned, I can't say the day was a bust. We had good food, still got in a couple good rides and I made good purchases! And since this update is like 90% words and 10% pictures, here's another purchase I made earlier this month on our trip:

IMG_8952.JPG

IMG_8953.JPG

I like the back; and that's the Tight Rope Girl from the HM pictures! I saw this in Momento Mori's back in March but they didn't have my size, luckily they did this month.

Once again I'm sorry for my sob story in the beginning and the dis-jointedness of this update, and if you made it this far I sincerely thank you. I promise the rest of the report will stay focused on Disney!!!

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your son's knee. It'll be nice to get back to Disney for Thanksgiving when the season starts.

My younger brother tore his ACL in high school as well. Then, a couple months later he tore his ACL AND his MCL in his OTHER knee. :crutches:He had to be homeschooled for a semester because his school was too big for him to get around.

Oh Ariane! I am so, so sorry to hear this news. How heartbreaking for Ricky (and you and Steve). I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: And so sad that you have to cancel August!! One day our paths will cross. :)

On a Disney note, I had to laugh at your description of Chris! Sounds very familiar to me with two very self-directed (cough, cough, stubborn) 16 year olds of my own! Like you, I find it works better to save my energy for things that really matter. So yes, they can chill out for a few hours on their own but family dinner is family (all of us).

Love your purchases!! I am trying to think of what I want my next Dooney to be. I am thinking of a resale, vintage print like Balloons or maybe the Bambi bag if it is still around anywhere. Love your tank top too!!

I am so sorry for what Ricky is going through. There really are no words of comfort that I can offer. I know this is a precious time for him, and that he only has those 4 years of high school to make the most of it. I, unfortunately, see this in a lot of our younger patients who share the same passion about a certain sport and it's taken away from them so soon because of injuries. Those darn knees are so tricky. I wish the very best for you all, and that he can find a new passion that he will love just as much if he cannot play basketball like he wants to.

I love the WL sweatshirt and your tank top! Those are great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!