if $$ was no issue

We stay at all levels of resorts - Value through Deluxe, and base our resort choice on the specific needs of each individual trip. Yes, we could afford to stay at a deluxe every single trip, but when we travel with our teenage son we typically stay in a Family Suite at ASMu. It just works out best for us. Just because we could afford to stay at a deluxe resort doesn't mean it is the best option. My son actually prefers the ASMu to the deluxe resorts because he thinks they feel more fun - he's felt that way since he was just a little guy. If you think your daughters would like the LM room and the pool then absolutely stay at AoA.

I think if awesome pool is what he wants he should definitely skip a value because of pool slides. We’ve never done value because my kids are huge pool kids and not having a pool slide would be a huge bummer. This has been since they were as young as 3. We did CBR and they loved that pool more than the Poly pool.

I think if awesome pool is what he wants he should definitely skip a value because of pool slides. We’ve never done value because my kids are huge pool kids and not having a pool slide would be a huge bummer. This has been since they were as young as 3. We did CBR and they loved that pool more than the Poly pool.
Yep. Slides and hot tubs are big to my pool loving kids.

We are huge GF fans. First trip was there with DD 3 and DD 1. I loved the theming- it was like a classic iconic Floridian resort. You could see the castle and fireworks from right outside the quick service restaurant. But the absolute best was monorail in , boat back out to and from MK. It was heavenly to be so close. I cannot say enough how much more relaxed this made the trip for us. The pools were both well loved by our family.

We have also stayed beach club, and I agree with PP that with younger kids, it is harder to keep and eye on them. Pools are spread out but interconnected. There is also an area where depth drops to 9 feet in the “lazy river area”. The slide, while awesome, has to be accessed by leaving main pool area, crossing the walkway.

We have also stayed poly and it was great. But for us with (now 3) DD, there is something special about the royal and grand feeling of GF!

Wishing you a wonderful trip! Which will happen no matter where you stay!

If $ was no object I’d pick GF too. But Poly is also great, and AKL although AKL isn’t near any other resorts so going to ADRs not as easy. If we are staying in an MK resort we’ll make dinner or breakfast ADRs in that area as it’s easy to get to the other area resorts.
You’ll also get queen beds. AoA LM rooms are a lot smaller, and only double beds.
Also want to add you can see MK fireworks and Electric Water Parade from GF or Poly. I think it’s magical being able to see The Castle from your resort.

Last edited:
Without money being a problem, then I too would also say GF....Never thought that this would come outta my mouth, but Heck No....We only stayed for 3 nights, albeit in a CL room/suite, but everything about this resort is amazing.
True all the other resorts will make you feel like Disney..Some more so than others, but they just somehow get it...Over at the Grand...

On the other hand, I would not choose BC/YC for the pool....Especially with having little ones like you do...It's way too spread out for you to relax even the slightest...It's broken up and the sight lines, are tough...* Also not a big fan of the deep water (LAZY River either) Just my $.02:confused3

We stayed at the Contemporary in January with our 4 year old. There isn't much theming there, but he loved sitting out on the balcony watching the fireworks and the Electrical Parade on the lake. We were in walking distance to MK, and we took the monorail to Epcot. We took a boat taxi to the Wilderness lodge for dinner one night. Having a great location was worth it to us, and we made up for the lack of theming with Disney toys and books that I picked up before our trip.

Having a deluxe room means having lots more room to move around and more storage space, so I would move. But only you know what will make your trip magical for YOUR children. Listen to your heart, and you can't go wrong.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I've never stayed there, but isn't the walk to the Little Mermaid rooms a really, really long one? Our first stay with DS when he was 4yo was a way, way back room at ASMu and it was AWFUL walking back to the room at the end of a park day. Not to mention walking to the food court and back. I would think about that when deciding.

I am all about deluxe if we can afford it, BC all the way! But it's nice to bounce around and try new resorts. Once you go deluxe, value will not compare. So if you really want to start with the value, go for it. You could always do your next trip at deluxe.

~Cari~ pluto:

I think kids would be thrilled with either option... I would do what you prefer. I think the pro of an MK resort is that you do not have to wait in long lines for buses for MK and Epcot, there is always entertainment close by (MK, watching fireworks, watching electrical parade, checking out shops or other resorts on monorail), and the pools have slides and hot tubs. I would definitely choose Poly or GF because it would make me happier but if you are completely fine with AOA then that will make the kids just as happy I would think.

IMO, the kids will like AoA better, mine did. Do a split stay if you have time. Disney makes a split stay very easy.

IMO, the kids will like AoA better, mine did. Do a split stay if you have time. Disney makes a split stay very easy.

Remember though, the pools at the Deluxes , most have zero entry, and all have multiple & The main pools all have pretty amazing slides, which the values don't....I also dont think the values go deeper than 4'6" or so.

I’ve never stayed at AOA but recently stayed at AKL and Poly. AKL is lovely and I really liked the pool and the animals. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.
That said, poly is pure magic. There was something about sitting on the beach and seeing everything lit up at night and watching the fireworks.
The monorail was convenient and we walked to TTC for our Epcot day. We did the big character meals on the monorail line- Ohana, Chef Mickey and 1900 PF. Everything about the Poly was amazing!

I would stick with AoA... My philosophy is my daughter is only little for so long, so we have plenty of time in the future to stay at the more grown-up hotels.

I would definitely pick the Deluxe resorts. Having a TPV at the CR or the Poly is just wonderful. We love the CR - we love the walk to MK - it is so easy. We also love the Poly. We love sitting on the beach and watching the fireworks - plus the music is piped in - very much a Disney feel. Our kids love the pool at the Poly. Any of the Epcot hotels are nice too. If you want a good pool then do a BC/CR split - the CR doesn't have a great pool.

If you think you'll spend most of your time at Magic Kingdom then one of the monorail resorts. We really liked Polynesian--good pool, wonderful grounds. Contemporary is different--a bit less Disney-ish to me, but you can walk to Magic Kingdom if you want. I've never loved Grand Floridian--beautiful from afar, but a bit stuffy when you visit.

Our favorite resort is Yacht Club. Best pool on property, a 5 minute walk to Epcot, and you can walk or boat ride to Hollywood Studios, which could be a huge plus if you are interested in the new Toy Story Land. But you'll have to take a bus to Magic Kingdom, or use Uber/Minnie Vans, which cost extra.

The monorail is always crowded or broken. You will be in a LONG line if you are leaving the MK at night. I often stay on the monorail loop and always prefer taking my rental car.

Poolwise, I like Beach/Yacht Club best, but if youre not going to Epxot often, or for dining, I would stick with what you have.

With the $$ you save not going deluxe, do something special and have the room decorated, book a special tea with Alice in Wonderland, BBB one morning.

I dont know about anyone else, but I literally am in my WDW room to shower and sleep. As long as we have room to move around without being in each others way while trying to get ready, it really doesnt matter to me what the room looks like. The only time you will really be looking at it is the first 3 minutes you arrive....then you get too busy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter