If we can DREAM it, we can do it! ..... another 30 day vacation Update 02/07

I love that you had a relaxing day! Sometimes those are the best!!

I was just thinking of asking you how your owners locker works and low and behold you show us a nice picture! Thank you!! Not sure that we really need to do that... but it seems we always tend to bring the same things...things that just stay in a suit case until the next trip. Then I am lugging the stuff back and forth. But...all in all I guess it isn't so much stuff. But dh is getting tired of all my bags. Some how he would like to only have to bring one bag per person. :scratchin Not sure how to make that happen when I have basics that have to tag along each and every trip.

I am in awe that you rode EE that many times in a row! That is AWESOME! Course... I might have needed a break in there being the ride wimp that I am. I can ride EE... but not sure i could for an entire hour. ;) Great pics!!

Relaxing days are the best. ;)

Ann, I never ever thought I would ever get an Owner's Locker, but then the airlines restricted us to only bring one suitcase. Now, if you travel for 4+ weeks one suitcase is just not enough. We had a choice of either paying 150$ for an additional suitcase (and we go twice a year, so that would double) or pay 99$ for the owner's locker. So now we have everything we do not need at home in the owner's locker and save the fare for a third (or forth) suitcase.

It was awesome to be able to ride EE so many times in a row. We would get off and just get back on again. Loads of fun. :thumbsup2

Relaxing days are the best. ;)

Ann, I never ever thought I would ever get an Owner's Locker, but then the airlines restricted us to only bring one suitcase. Now, if you travel for 4+ weeks one suitcase is just not enough. We had a choice of either paying 150$ for an additional suitcase (and we go twice a year, so that would double) or pay 99$ for the owner's locker. So now we have everything we do not need at home in the owner's locker and save the fare for a third (or forth) suitcase.

It was awesome to be able to ride EE so many times in a row. We would get off and just get back on again. Loads of fun. :thumbsup2

Even though we are flying on SW more and more...and we can take 2 bags per person... it would be nice to leave some things there. $99 for how long? Month? Year?

How fun to ride Everest over and over. I think claire would love to do that too.

We love those slow days when you can just walk on and ride things over and over again. So much fun. :thumbsup2

Even though we are flying on SW more and more...and we can take 2 bags per person... it would be nice to leave some things there. $99 for how long? Month? Year?

Lucky you, being able to bring two bags. :thumbsup2
The $99 are for a year and for one delivery. Every other delivery is $25 I think. For us it is well worth the expense as paying for another suitcase would cost us even more one way. ::yes::

Happy New Year Karin and Tom!

Happy New Year to you too, Teresa and Mick! :goodvibes

If I wasn't so darn behind I would have seen that before Christmas !! LOL> Thanks....I will save that! :thumbsup2

Well, at least you will be set for next year. :rotfl2:

Day 27, September 6

You’ve got a friend in me - Part 2

The sign said 35 minute wait which was quite long, but we got in line anyway.

It moved pretty quickly,

but even with a constantly moving line it took about half an hour to get to the loading zone. We were seated with another couple and off we went on our Safari.

The animals were very active and there were a lot of them around,

so Tom got a lot of really good photos.

To be continued ............

Day 27, September 6

You’ve got a friend in me - Part 3

The animals were very active and there were a lot of them around, so Tom got a lot of really good photos.

Once we got off the ride, we slowly walked to the exit and headed back out to the parking lot.
We drove back to Old Key West, chilled for a while and then got ready to drive over to Downtown Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express. We were also going to meet friends we had met while cruising in 2010, Teresa and Mick. They had only arrived that day and were coming to Downtown Disney after check in.
We arrived about 20 minutes early for our meet and looked through some of the shops before waiting for them in front of the restaurant. When they arrived and we had hugged each other we headed inside the restaurant for lunch. We placed our orders, then found a table and waited for our food to be brought out. Tom and I had been longing for some pizza, so Tom had ordered the

Barbequed Chicken Pizza, Red onion, cilantro, tomatoes and smokey BBQ sauce, while I had gone for my old favourite, the

Four Cheese Pesto Pizza, Parmesan, mozzarella, fontina, goat cheese, plum tomatoes, fresh basil, sun- dried tomatoes. Our friends had also chosen some pizza and we sat there,

munched our pizzas and caught up on each other’s life’s events. Some of us had even ordered dessert, and we all had the same one, the

Creme Brulee. Once we had finished our meal and said goodbye to Maritza, our favourite server there, we headed outside to look around Downtown Disney. We did not get far before we were stopped.
The Fairy Godmothers in training of the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique were leading a parade of little princesses to the carrousel to enjoy a ride with them.

Everyone stopped and watched and it was really nice to see all the proud little princesses climbing onto the carrousel horses and carriages and ride round and round. Once they were done, we walked along the Marketplace and then over to the West Side.
Mick wanted to have a look into he cigar store there and we had fun exploring a lot of the area and its shops. Cigar shopping done we headed back to the Marketplace and our car. Tom opened the top and we all climbed inside and off we went to Old Key West.

And after we had shown them around the resort and our villa we sat outside on the veranda, enjoying some coffee and catching up some more. We all had such a fun afternoon and enjoyed each other’s company. Around 6pm we got back into the car and drove over to Hospitality House. We still had a little time left before we had to sign in for our dinner at Olivia’s, so we went to explore the area. We walked through the store and then had a peek into reception before we headed over to the pool area.

Day 27, September 6

You’ve got a friend in me - Part 4

We walked through the store and then had a peek into reception before we headed over to the pool area.
It was so much fun checking everything out together.

Then it was time to sign in for dinner. We were immediately taken to a table and our server greeted us and told us about today’s specials. He then took our drinks orders and brought out some

bread and butter. Mick took up the task of cutting the bread and handing it out and we all enjoyed a bit of it.

I think, Tom ordered the

Conch Chowder, and Mick ordered the

Conch Fritters, served with Key Lime Mustard and Remoulade. Once everyone was done with their first course our main courses were served. Both, Mick and Teresa had ordered the

Slow-cooked Prime Rib, 10-oz cut with Olivia’s Potatoes, Green Beans, Carrots, and Cabernet Demi-Glaze. Tom had ordered the

Duval Street Burger, topped with Grilled Shrimp, Pepper Jack Cheese, Avocado, and Pico de Gallo served with French Fries while I had chosen the

Catch of the Day, with Roasted Potatoes, Succotash, and Lemon-Tarragon Butter. All of our main courses were delicious! Mick and Teresa were on the Dining Plan and offered to share their desserts with us, so we ordered the

Banana Bread Pudding Sundae, served warm with Bananas Foster topping and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. It was absolutely delicious, but so filling. We gave up after about half of it.
After dinner we headed back to our villa to wait for another friend of ours, Michelle and her family to come by. We would have loved for Mick and Teresa to meet them, but Michelle and her family were running late and Mick and Teresa had had a long day.
So Tom decided to take them “home” to Port Orleans Riverside, while I waited for Michelle. We were sending texts back and forth and shortly after Tom had returned they texted us that they were at the entrance to Old Key West. We walked outside, so they could find us more easily and within a few minutes they were turning into our parking lot.
Again, we all hugged and helped Angelina up the stairs and after a short walk through the 1 bedroom we all got together in the living room to chat. We all looked at photos from our cruise together and time just flew by and it was time again for them to leave. We stood and waved until we could no longer see them, before we went upstairs again, put the dirty glasses, cups and plates in the dishwasher. We were still too excited to sleep so Tom got a beer and I had a

Mickey bar, which we had stored in the fridge and sat ourside for a while before we got ready for bed.

Karin you and Tom got some great pics of the animals at AK. Mine are usually blurry or too far away. It was great reliving our meet at WPE and our dinner at OKW. We had a great time. Thank you for such a great visit.

Karin you and Tom got some great pics of the animals at AK. Mine are usually blurry or too far away. It was great reliving our meet at WPE and our dinner at OKW. We had a great time. Thank you for such a great visit.

Teresa, mine come out blurry most of the time as well. Tom on the other hand had our DSLR and that takes awesome pics.
When I went about to post it today I remembered so many fun things we discussed that day. We had such a good time. I cannot wait to repeat it. :hug:

Those pizzas look so delicious and so does your meal at Olivia's. Olivias is on my bucket list and on my ADR list for May!

Very excited to be staying at OKW again.

Love the DIS meet! :thumbsup2

Those pizzas look so delicious and so does your meal at Olivia's. Olivias is on my bucket list and on my ADR list for May!

Very excited to be staying at OKW again.

Love the DIS meet! :thumbsup2

We just love Olivia's and make it a point to at least have one meal there every vacation. It really reminds me so much of Key West, that last year when we returned from the real Key West it felt like we never had left. :rotfl:

Great pics! :goodvibes

Thank you! :thumbsup2

What a fun day!!!!! You did so much yet just relaxed with friends. But that is great. it made me think of the afternoon I got to visit with you too and how fun that was as well.

What a fun day!!!!! You did so much yet just relaxed with friends. But that is great. it made me think of the afternoon I got to visit with you too and how fun that was as well.

It was a great day, all the fun we had riding Everest in the morning and then spend the afternoon and evening with friends.
Oh, and I remember the time WE spent together well. It was so fun to meet with you and getting to know you in real life. :hug:

Hi Karin! I was only a couple of updates behind, but I'm sorry I haven't posted much here. I've done a little "skipping around" on the DIS lately - "SQUIRREL!" :rotfl2:

Great score on the D&B! :thumbsup2
How cool that you got to ride EE so many times after the crazy crowds at MK two days before!:cool1:
It was so nice to see you got to have such a nice long DISmeet with Teresa and Mick!
Now that I am up to date here, I realize I haven't even started reading about your Italy trip yet, and your US trip is right around the corner~:lmao:

What a fun day! The safari pictures are so good. Don't you love when the animals cooperate?

It also sounds like you had quite a great day with friends! And to enjoy a meal together is even more fun!!!

I didn't get to enjoy Olivias for dinner... but man, your pictures sure make me wish I did!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!