If You are Going to Jump at the Finish Line, Be Sure You Stick the Landing – A 2018 Dopey Run TR

What a great recap! What can I say! I love your enthusiasm and you two are so cute. how awesome to have your hubby as your running partner and greatest support! I had an amazing marathon experience and often consider Dopey but I just don’t know?! The early mornings and how time consuming it is as you mentioned. I will definitely be back 2019 but likely just the marathon. Looking forward to seeing you there!

Thank you! And, I would hate to scare you off Dopey with any of my comments. I loved doing it and I'm so glad that I did. Absolutely no regrets on it. But, it is good to go in knowing that it likely won't be your typical Disney trip, but we went in knowing that and scheduled the trip with that intent and I wouldn't change anything about it. I think for me it's just that it was probably a one time only experience and I'm totally happy about that. I would encourage anybody who loves runDisney to do Dopey at least one time.

Rolling butter ...

Sounds like you had a puree-ty good meal a V&A! (did you see what I did there? ... probably not, actually, that was terrible)

Also, I love your dress! You look so pretty! (I wear dresses a lot, so that's basically the first thing I notice, and then the person wearing the dress. Oh, and Chris looks nice too)

Oh, so sorry to hear that Chris had to leave early (and that things aren't looking good with his dad). That's rough.

I love your castle "all the medals!!!!" picture!!

Looking at your "posed" picture with Goofy ... I'm pretty sure he thinks he ran 39.3 miles in two days, not you guys.

Loved the recap, and I totally understand what you said about Dopey being a one and done - there are some things out there that you want to experience, but once you've done it, you're okay not doing it again. I'm glad you had such a good experience your first time and don't need any do-overs!

I hope to see you on Marathon morning next year!

HA! puree-ty!!

That's my favorite dress, so I wear it any chance I get. So, thanks for noticing it. :D

And, exactly right on my Dopey feelings. I'm so glad we did it and that the experience turned out to be everything I hoped for and now it's on to other things.

I hope to see you marathon morning as well. The more I think about it, the more I really hope we do it!

Nice report! I love runDisney (obviously), and love reading about everyone's experiences!

Thanks for reading!

Great recap! I also wondered why Pluto had a dinosaur skull. Is his day job as a paleontologist?

I love your finish photos! Especially the last one where it looks like Chris is trying to do the Thriller dance after running 39+ miles.

Great recap! I also wondered why Pluto had a dinosaur skull. Is his day job as a paleontologist?

I love your finish photos! Especially the last one where it looks like Chris is trying to do the Thriller dance after running 39+ miles.

I guess since Pluto's a dog he digs up bones? :confused3

Thanks for reading. I laugh every time I look at those finish line shots!

Great report and nice recap! We'll see you in 2019...whichever race or races you decide on! You are always welcome to join me in the 2nd annual Tweedle Dumb challenge; 10K and 1/2, but realize that the 1/2 doesn't do much for you. Nonetheless best of luck in 2018 and the Chicago marathon in October!

Thank you for writing this report and sharing your Dopey Challenge experience; I really enjoyed reading your updates!

I had no idea you could sneak a ride on Expedition Everest or grab a beer while running the full marathon...you learn something new every day. :rotfl2:
Your selfies in front of each WS country had to be my favorite part of your race recaps. What a wonderful idea!

Thank you for writing this report and sharing your Dopey Challenge experience; I really enjoyed reading your updates!

I had no idea you could sneak a ride on Expedition Everest or grab a beer while running the full marathon...you learn something new every day. :rotfl2:
Your selfies in front of each WS country had to be my favorite part of your race recaps. What a wonderful idea!

Thanks for reading along. EE and drinking beer on the marathon are some of the reasons, runDisney races are the best!

Wow, what an amazing TR! Your gif game is on point!!

Thanks so much for sharing and congrats on completing the Dopey challenge!

Thank you and thanks for reading. I do love my gifs. :D

Victoria and Albert looks incredible. Although I did I’ll make it there one day. Did you ever try Calofornia Grill?

Victoria and Albert looks incredible. Although I did I’ll make it there one day. Did you ever try Calofornia Grill?

V&A is amazing for sure. We did eat once at California Grill a few years ago and liked it a lot. I've actually read some really great reviews of their brunch, so it's on my list to try one of these days.

Great report. Thank you for sharing!

Thank you for reading along!

I very much enjoyed your trip report. A Run Disney Half is on my someday list.

Thank you! I highly recommend doing a runDisney event. They are really amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter