If you are renting a car to go from MCO to the port...

briane

Mouseketeer
Is your family being dropped off at the terminal at the port (while you turn the car in) or are you all taking the shuttle to the port (from Avis, Radisson, etc.).

DH dropped us off and returned in the Avis shuttle bus. We saw one whole family trying to load all their luggage in the shuttle and go back to avis on our return trip. It was almost a fight. Its like a 10 passenger van and it only takes about 10 minutes for the trip. Hope this helps.

You can do it either way. I think that if you have a small group (say 2 or 3), it would probably be easier to have your whole party get on the shuttle. If you have a larger group, you might have better luck just having the driver take the shuttle.

I have no experience travelling with infants, so I can't address your situation exactly, but I will add this: I think taking the shuttle over with your whole party from the Rad. to the Port will usually work fine, and I think most people do that. If you are renting a car for the return trip, I would consider sending one person over to pick up the car. It seemed that people were a bit more spread out, coming at different times, the day we got on the ship, but when we got back, there was quite a crowd trying to get on the shuttle back to the Rad. so sending one person might be easier.

There was a thread about this issue a few weeks ago. I can't remember all the details, but apparently, because of new security restrictions, it is not as easy to drop everyone off as in the past. I think you can drop the luggage off in front of the terminal, but passengers have to be dropped across the street to check in and then take a shuttle. It sounded complicated. I think we're going to take the Avis or Radisson shuttle.

It was very complicated - if we wanted to drop off, everything (passengers and luggage) had to be dropped off across the street - and supposedly that area wasn't even open yet... so we just opted for the whole group to trek over to Avis...

For our Nov. cruise I dropped everyone & the luggage off at the terminal. They waited in the lobby area until I returned (it didn't take long) and then to find them I used our 2 way radios!! The radios worked great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!