If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It! - WISH October Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

Not happy that I asked for no refried beans and no tomatoes on anything telling them I was allergic ( I am to tomatoes) and I found out that my Beef Chimichanga had beans in it. I have gotten it with no beans before so I know it could be made that way. My stomach is telling me off tonight so lots of TMI bathroom runs. Luckily that one is the only reaction that I have unlike the tomatoes that start to swell my throat shut.

Yikes! I'm glad they didn't put any tomatoes in there but really that has to be annoying that they left the beans in with your meal. I hope you're feeling better today.

Oh- and welcome back! We're glad you're here :D

Good Morning. Yesterday was ok. I ate good all day until my snack at night. I ate a left over piece of birthday cake. And it was bigger then I though when i cut it. I did not get my steps last night. My daughter really wanted me to paint her nails and snuggle last night. I also was not feeling to good. Nothing bad just a headache and a little bit of a stuffy nose. It is tolerable right now. We have a big event at work on Friday and i have to be at work. I am really hoping it does not get any worse.

QOTD: A lot of times when we think of Imagineering, we think of huge projects like Pandora or Star Wars: At Galaxy's Edge. While there are Imagineers who are in charge of the overall concept, not all Imagineers are 'big picture'. Sometimes they work on the smallest of details- but they still have a big impact. If you've had a chance to see Pandora then you know what I mean. The details are what make that new land so incredible.

37033664511_cf7ef15a9b_z.jpg

What are some small details that you are working on that have made a big impact on your goals?

Bonus QOTD: What's your favorite Disney detail?

I'm trying something different in October: I've actually written down my monthly goals and have them on the desk top in front of me. And I'm going to follow @HappyGrape 's lead and have daily accountability.

Yesterday was not a stellar day. When I got home and turned on the TV, the local news had a psychologist on talking about the after-affects of the shooting and some of the behaviors that might pop up, like all of a sudden that donut that normally wouldn't temp you, looks really really good. I thought yep, that's what I did alright, I tried to eat my stress again. So of my goals, yesterday I did well with water intake, gratitude and self-kindness but not well with walking (only 7000 steps), sugar, dairy or gluten. But today is another day, a clean slate on which I can write whatever story I choose.

I had been thinking about whether or not I wanted to take time off in October and go back down to the beach. I thought I'd check Groupon to see if either of my favorite hotels had a coupon and sure enough one was there for 50% off, so I'm booked for three nights. Then on the way home I'm meeting my Sister in the beach town she wants to move to, which is up the coast, to help her look at some more houses... and to see how sleepy the town is in the off-season. I'm really looking forward to it, lots of beach walking and sitting by the window knitting.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

That's really interesting question!

Few things come to mind

Focusing on taste more. Often in the past when focused on healthy eating I would compromise or not care enough for taste. Eventually I would fed up and crave bad food. Creating healthy meals I can actually enjoy and having fun made big difference

Focusing on how I want to maintain. I basically calculated the calories that my goal weight would need to maintain that was my daily calorie goal during weight loss. It sound pretty small thing, but in reality it made huge difference compared to diet mentality, and it led me be honest can I really be happy long term eating this amount of calories?

The main thing is leaving "all or nothing" mentality behind. There is a saying - "All or nothing usually gets us nothing!" It is so true!

People get so euphoric when they find some new crazy diet for rapid weight loss the first few weeks! It's courageous! Who doesn't want to feel on a roll? I developed tick skin for such fresh weight loss buzz, and focused on long term maintainers and sustainability instead. Asking myself - can I happily do it forever? If the answer is no, moving on.

bonus question - I love when Disney adds element of another movie in a movie! Like age of Ultron when he sang I have no stings from Pinocchio!

Last edited:
I kept to my goal yesterday of staying very low carb and I resisted the strong temptation that hit around 5pm to stop at a drive thru and throw yuck food on a credit card. (I must also work in financial goals and get out of debt!)

I did not drink enough water yesterday. I do include unsweetened herbal teas and lemon or lime slices in water and even clear homemade broth, but I just didn't stay hydrated regardless of whether or not I'm a purist about water only. (I'm very positively geared in my mindset to let myself feel good about just not drinking any unhealthy options at all. It's not easy for me to. But I do feel the success of that!)

This morning I'm improving for today! I have a 16oz thermos of organic herbal tea, another thermos I can't remember the size of full of homemade broth, and a 16oz glass life factory jar of water with 3 lemon slices all ready to go with me. I nearly always have a gallon container of spring water in the car that I can refill my water from and I know there is one there now.

My loving 17yo is in the kitchen cutting ham into bite size pieces for me so that I'll have a no carb option along with me while I'm on the road today for 8 hours. (I teach teenagers to drive.) last night I taught in the classroom for half my workday butnill have to be on the road for the whole day today. Oh and my sweet girl also made up a baggie with a handful of olives in it. I may go in there and put some hummus and celery sticks together if I can (Hopefully!) make the time.

I was only down by a fraction of a pound today but I understand that my weight loss is effected by my hydration level and also that it's, of course, not going to be an every day occurrence to have big drops. Slow and steady wins the race. Upward and onwards!

(And I took care of my grandchildren for three hours this morning which was in a way taking care of my son and daughter-in-law although they are not taking care of hemselves well currently. AND I persevered through some intense teen emotions from my upyoungest who has some health problems and is frustrated beyond frustrated with her current math course. We made it to the other side and I coached her into a healthy mindset and she's Ok for the day again.)

I'm trying something different in October: I've actually written down my monthly goals and have them on the desk top in front of me. And I'm going to follow @HappyGrape 's lead and have daily accountability.

This is a fantastic idea. Visualization has proven to have a major positive impact when trying to reach your goals! (Heck, it might even be a discussion topic at some point this month ;) ). Way to go on trying something new.

The main thing is leaving "all or nothing" mentality behind. There is a saying - "All or nothing usually gets us nothing!" It is so true!

YES! I love this saying!

People get so euphoric when they find some new crazy diet for rapid weight loss the first few weeks! It's courageous! Who doesn't want to feel on a roll? I developed tick skin for such fresh weight loss buzz, and focused on long term maintainers and sustainability instead. Focusing on the big picture instead of small details, asking myself - can I happily do it forever? It's pretty irrelevant to me if the I Quit Sugar chick can happily live without sugar forever, I am not interested! Most long term maintainer know how to focus on big picture and keep things flexible and sustainable.

This is so important. I know a lot of friends who have tried quick fix type diets and maybe had success for a little while but eventually realized that it wasn't sustainable. Weight loss, when approached with health in mind, is usually a slow and steady process.

bonus question - I love when Disney adds element of another movie in a movie! Like age of Ultron when he sang I have no stings from Pinocchio!

How did I miss that?? I guess I need to watch it again!

QOTD: It feels like my weight loss story has been the culmination of a lot of little details. Before I joined WW, I had generally healthy habits but there were some little things that were sneaking in and keeping me from losing weight. Recently my little detail has been in the form of water intake. I've been amazed at what increasing my daily H2O has done for both my weight loss and my overall health.

Bonus QOTD: I love hidden Mickeys in the parks!

QOTD: Wow, I accidentally answered the question before it was asked (although it looks like the posts crossed)... my small thing is writing down my goals.

Favorite Disney detail... I think I'll go with the gardens/landscaping. It's one of the things that really sets the Disney parks apart and does so much to set the mood and sense of place. For many, many years I did my annual trip in the sprint during EPCOT's Flower and Garden because I love the extra "decor", well that and the need to get out of the damp grey end of winter.

Hmm, small detail about the parks... there are so many great things that are literally tiny in physical size. I'll just mention one building size detail I heard of years ago that would be easy to miss to anyone who hadn't read about it already. The second floors of the buildings along Main St were built smaller than they appear utilizing perspective. I enjoyed reading about that yeats ago and I've always remembered it.

I am still thinking out the QOTD but the bonus I think would be the Tangled bathrooms at MK. My husband thinks I am weird because I try to hang out over their and find Pasquel. I still can't find him. It drives me nuts. I think I would stay their as long as it took me to find him but my husband and kids would get mad. I also love the hidden Mickeys.

1) Did I do my steps (15000 goal) Yes, part of them while watching dis unplugged!
2) Were my calories in balance Yes
3) Did I do my 3 weekly workouts without overdoing it (only M, W and F) N/A
4) What did I do great today, what worked well
My menu worked really well for me again. I had my egg white omelette with pepperoni and mozzarella (top done under the grill to get the pizza look) and some fruit. Lunch I did quick chicken thighs with olives capers and tomatoes sauce and little bit of rice, with side of tomatoes. Dinner Salmon with stir fry veggies, sirarcha and little bit of rice and bowl of fruit to finish. I also had one snack between lunch and dinner of wholegrain toast with hummus. I felt very happy and satisfied with my food, without any cravings and good bit deficit. No snacking after 6 pm again.

5) What can I do better
nothing directly linked to my health, but there have been a lot of food waste lately. I seem to be buying things in case i decide to use them and they go off before I decide to use them. I will have to plan better for my food shopping next week.

QOTD: I am feeling like I am currently missing out on the big things. I am under a lot of pressure at work, not feeling totally healthy and that always affects my ability to focus on a healthy lifestyle. I am still managing half way ok because my lifestyle generally is pretty healthy now. I prefer to eat healthy meals at home. So, the worst that happens is that I have a couple of cookies or a piece of cheese. And I love moving, so I do move. But I need to focus more on it again and find more purpose in what I am doing. So, I am a bit at a loss as to what my small thing is. But a couple of years ago I started to get myself into the habit of a healthy breakfast and I feel that I have benefited from it. I actually miss it a lot when things conspire against me getting it and I get a snack to go instead. Once every two weeks is ok, but recently I had too many days with this and I need to be better. The other small thing is sleep. I need more sleep and the only thing standing in my way to get more sleep is myself. Nothing else! I just need to go to bed... And as crazy as it is, the more stressed I am, the more difficult it becomes to go to bed. I sleep well once I switch off the light, so that's not an issue.

Sorry for the rambling, I will get on to the bonus:
I love Animal Kingdom because it is so full of details - the carvings on the Tree of Life, the Yeti Museum that is the line for Expedition Everest. All the fun elements in the Restorantausaurus. So much to see in every little nook of that park!

@Flossbolna congratulations on your race time! It's incredible to me that you even did it- I loathe running and so I admire anyone who can do it. And even bigger kudos for improving your time!

Have you thought about ways you can try to make a healthy breakfast and getting more sleep a priority? If you have an iPhone, you can set up a great reminder each night that it's almost bed time. If you have another type of phone then I'm sure there's an app for it!

Good morning and happy Woohoo Wednesday!

What is everybody celebrating today?

I am not so woohoo today. I still have a head ache and congested and I am starting to feel like I might be getting a fever. I am just going to go with today will be a normal day. And this is the last week for Cheer. Yay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!