If You Can Dream It, You Can Do It! - WISH October Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

I am not so woohoo today. I still have a head ache and congested and I am starting to feel like I might be getting a fever. I am just going to go with today will be a normal day. And this is the last week for Cheer. Yay.
Oh no- that's no fun! I hope you feel better soon.
So since cheer is almost over do you think life will slow down a bit?

Oh no- that's no fun! I hope you feel better soon.
So since cheer is almost over do you think life will slow down a bit?

I am hopping it will. My daughter has also decided that she does not want to do dance anymore. We are looking into horseback riding but that will be on Saturdays starting in November only if the place my mom is boarding hers agrees to it. She can't ride my moms horse because she is not tame enough for a beginner. But I will get to spend more time with my mom so a plus. My son still plays soccer but that will end in at the end of October. So things are slowing starting to slow down. Until basketball starts but it is only 1 practice a week and a game on Saturdays. But that won't really start until January. I should get 2 solid months of not much going on. I so wish i could back to when they were little and we just had swim lessons on Saturday morning. I love that they are active but the running around can get tiring. But I know in a few short years this will all be over and i will miss doing it.

I did a very nice job drinking plenty of fluids yesterday. :flower1:

I also stuck to my super-low-carb plan. I stopped eating at 4:30 pm. Well I stopped solid food. I allow myself clear broth during my so-called fasting times and I did have a cup around 9 o'clock. I'm down another pound this morning and just sipping water with lemon so far.

It's a new day that the Lord has made and I will be glad in it.

Last edited:
First, daily accountability:

Steps - 10,183... goal met
Water - around 75 ounces... goal met
Sugar - normal high: Dairy - much lower: Gluten - normal high... need to work on this more
Gratitude and Kindness - thought about this several times even tho I wasn't in a funk... goal met

Woohoos... well, I finally broke that 10,000 step barrier. I did some laps around the office in the morning and also got off the bus early going home. It was a beautiful sunny fall day and a lovely walk thru the neighborhood.

When I booked it, the trip to the beach seemed like it was a long ways away, but really it's only a week and a half. And WDW is now just a month away. Looking forward to both.

Happy Wednesday!

Last edited:

I am not so woohoo today. I still have a head ache and congested and I am starting to feel like I might be getting a fever. I am just going to go with today will be a normal day. And this is the last week for Cheer. Yay.

Hey, you found a woohoo here at the end!! Hope you feel better soon!

My woohoo is that two weeks from today I am on a plane to see my boyfriend! I am also going to change my position at work (lateral move, but into an area that I love, so very happy about it) two days before I leave on vacation. Unfortunately I am going to keep the one nasty project that I hate currently, but hopefully it will be done before the end of the year! So. lots of exciting developments here and it starts to become real!

WooHoo Wed- I weighed in today at WW, and am 1.6 lbs down this week. 35.6 total.

Yesterday QOTD- I switched to eating more veggies, clean foods. That said, at 8 last night I was still hungry and made kodiak pancakes w/protein powder, popchips and cheese. So I guess it is still a work in progress.

I love the theming and details at WDW. We have done a lot of the tours so you get so many pointed out, they are amazing. I remember once in talking with an imagineer at a homeschool day many yrs ago(he was discussing how hard it was to become one and what he had to study, etc..) and he said his first assignment was to put new locks on the trunks on the liberty bell and the months of work that went into just that one detail(safety, design, matching period, materials,durability). Amazing.

My WooHoo for today was an awesome non-scale victory that I experienced last night. I've been working out pretty regularly since May but I never work out for more than 30 minutes. That's just really all the time I have (and let's be honest- the only time that I'm willing) to put toward being in the gym each day.

Last night I signed up for a hip hop cardio class at a new dance studio in town that was 60 minutes. I was nervous going in because none of my workouts last that long and I hate cardio...But I love to dance so I figured it was a good way to get some movement! I was able to get through the whole class while keeping up with the instructor. I didn't have to pause for extra breath or make any of the moves easier. Not only was the class itself super fun and high energy, but it felt amazing to know that my fitness level has improved so much! I know that 6 months ago I would have had a completely different experience.

So WooHoo for trying new things and getting into better shape!

1) Did I do my steps (15000 goal) Yes, about 1700
2) Were my calories in balance Yes
3) Did I do my 3 weekly workouts without overdoing it (only M, W and F) Yes
4) What did I do great today, what worked well

Lunch time walk! Love having good waterproof warm parka, it was cold (ish) day with light rain but I really enjoyed the fresh air. One of the reasons I left my work gym is to be able to use my lunch breaks for walks as I find day light really helps my winter mood.

5) What can I do better
nothing really, it's all good! I had left overs for food, switched my breakfast to oats and banana and needed 2 snacks. Probably as my breakfast was low on protein, but still I really enjoyed all my meals and my walk and I feel good.

didn't have to pause for extra breath or make any of the moves easier. Not only was the class itself super fun and high energy, but it felt amazing to know that my fitness level has improved so much! I know that 6 months ago I would have had a completely different experience.

So WooHoo for trying new things and getting into better shape!

That's awesome! Also what is awesome is that it sounds like you really enjoyed it
:)

Hey, you found a woohoo here at the end!! Hope you feel better soon!

My woohoo is that two weeks from today I am on a plane to see my boyfriend! I am also going to change my position at work (lateral move, but into an area that I love, so very happy about it) two days before I leave on vacation. Unfortunately I am going to keep the one nasty project that I hate currently, but hopefully it will be done before the end of the year! So. lots of exciting developments here and it starts to become real!

well done for your move! Work takes so much of our time, it's great when you find one that you enjoy

Feel better better soon!

Good morning and happy Woohoo Wednesday!

What is everybody celebrating today?

October to September - 2 weeks in Orlando, 2 weeks in California, 9 days in Bularia all inclusive holiday, 5 days in Spain, Christmas period and renovation and honestly it has been hard all getting back to normal after eating out on vacations or getting back to normal after not having kitchen. It's miracle I have not gained much more weight!

Last 4/5 days I feel happy we don't have anything planned and finally cooking & exercising. I feel great this week, I needed some calm in my life and I am really enjoying how I eat again

I don't want to sound ungrateful, it's all good but we don't usually travel as much! I really enjoyed the year, but also feel the need to focus on my life here, instead of planning vacations, paying for vacations, eating out all the time or recovering from vacation eating!
I don't think you sound ungrateful at all! It's always nice to just enjoy being home for a time :)

I also want to add that I really like your daily updates. Have you found that they've been helping you at all?

Who is relying on you to meet your goals?

Similar to many of you ME - I am I really really want a long healthy life in which I can enjoy/support my kids and future grandkids. Next it is my KIDS as a solo parent it is just me to be there for the kids they are still youngish 16, 13 & 13 so they still really need me and I also cannot/do not want to imagine not being around for them even when they have grown! Work yes it does affect others at times but again being able to work and earn a good living is more about looking after myself and my family.

What are some small details that you are working on that have made a big impact on your goals?

I feel like lately visiting the doctor and checking on internal factors that are impacting my health and then also getting treatment for those things are taking care of some of the little things that have a big impact e.g. vitamin b12 injections to boost my levels which will hopefully help with energy levels.

Bonus QOTD: What's your favorite Disney detail?

I also loved all the flowers that were around. But I love the detail in many of the ride lines while you are waiting - it does help take the focus off the fact that you are WAITING - well somewhat.

they do this is in a lot of movies! I love finding moments like this

I also missed this one - but yes they do it a lot DS16 and I often watch the youtube clips of the Disney/Pixar "Easter Eggs" within other movies.

I am feeling like I am currently missing out on the big things. I am under a lot of pressure at work, not feeling totally healthy and that always affects my ability to focus on a healthy lifestyle. I am still managing half way ok because my lifestyle generally is pretty healthy now

:hug: It is good that you have a pretty healthy lifestyle down to help you through the stressful times at work.

Oh and I can brag about my race today! 10/3 is a public holiday here in Germany and I ran a 6k today. I finished in 39:02 and am very happy with my time. 3:30 faster than last year!

That is fantastic - glad you enjoyed your day off :cheer2:

happy Woohoo Wednesday!

I also wasn't feeling all that woohoo yesterday - in the morning I forgot about my shoulder and grabbed and pulled rolling work bag (which is basically a small cabin size suitcase on 4 wheels) at home it was on the carpet and I felt a sharp twinge in my shoulder - I spent all day in pain and it really restricted my movements - I couldn't even pull down on the steering wheel of my car without a sharp pain. I did manage to get into the Physiotherapist for today - so hopefully with some treatment starting it will improve. I just feel like this shoulder issue came out of nowhere - but has probably been quietly been building for some time - it is a reminder of why it is important to look after our joints and postural muscles with strengthening and activity.

But I know in a few short years this will all be over and i will miss doing it.

Yessss! Mine are older than yours and I am definitely in the enjoy it while I have it phase even though it can make life very hectic at times - I know I will miss it all - all too soon. DS had a year level meeting at school yesterday which basically started to move them into the phase of being seniors (year 12) next year. They had their first preparation test for their big exams next year which count towards their ranking for university entry!! Its not like I didn't know that was happening next year but just the fact that he started it yesterday was a bit of a jolt for me.

Glad to hear that things are going to be looking up on the work front. The year is going to fly past enjoy the excitement towards those end of year developments ;):P

I was able to get through the whole class while keeping up with the instructor. I didn't have to pause for extra breath or make any of the moves easier. Not only was the class itself super fun and high energy, but it felt amazing to know that my fitness level has improved so much! I know that 6 months ago I would have had a completely different experience.

That is a great progression well done on all your hard work showing results.

Last edited:
oops. Last night the pms munchies hit me and I end up having some snacks I really didn't need. I end up in balance still, and lucky it lasted one night only night.

One of the things I like about calories is that it allows for nights or days like this. I always found the honest tracking helps. I added my calories, but I was active yesterday with 20 000 steps by bed time. Ok, not the healthiest choices - white bread with cheese and goodness bar. But writing down helps not make big deal of it. Even when I go over, I can see on scale of things it's not big deal and it also avoids oh no, I blew it all, lets eat and start fresh tomorrow.

I find adding, even when it's just estimation and not accurate, great tool to keep me honest. It takes me minutes only.

So what can I do better today - well no goodness bars or white bread and cheese before bed :). I have to confess the white bread was sourdough and it reminds me of Disneyland :). Perhaps I can look through my pictures to get the worm feeling of sun, family and holiday time instead of inhaling bread!

oops. Last night the pms munchies hit me and I end up having some snacks I really didn't need. I end up in balance still, and lucky it lasted one night only night.

One of the things I like about calories is that it allows for nights or days like this. I always found the honest tracking helps. I added my calories, but I was active yesterday with 20 000 steps by bed time. Ok, not the healthiest choices - white bread with cheese and goodness bar. But writing down helps not make big deal of it. Even when I go over, I can see on scale of things it's not big deal and it also avoids oh no, I blew it all, lets eat and start fresh tomorrow.

I find adding, even when it's just estimation and not accurate, great tool to keep me honest. It takes me minutes only.

So what can I do better today - well no goodness bars or white bread and cheese before bed :). I have to confess the white bread was sourdough and it reminds me of Disneyland :). Perhaps I can look through my pictures to get the worm feeling of sun, family and holiday time instead of inhaling bread!

I agree! I find that being honest and tracking even those stupid unnecessary extras is really helpful. Often I realise that I am just eating my deficit and not over the burned calories. And it helps me to stay on track with the general program. Kind of making me feel that it was just one bad day not the start of falling off the bandwagon.

Also wanted to mention that I love the daily accountability posts, I find them very motivating!

I read two definitions of health I want to share with you

"HEALTH IS ENERGY— A STATE WHERE THE MIND AND BODY ARE AT PEAK EFFICIENCIES.”

If a diet is making you feeling starved and deprived, or a workout (directed at myself) makes you feel like beaten up for two days after - this is not heath!

WHO definition of health

"Mental health is defined as a state of well-being in which every individual realizes his or her own potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully, and is able to make a contribution to her or his community."
"Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity."

Isn't this wonderful?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!