If you could change 1 thing!

I agree about traditions but my only concern with this is, is there enough work force in Orlando to fill those spots? One of the reasons Disney has the college program is because the pool of workers in Orlando is pretty low.

Not 100% true. The main reason is that CP is cheap labor.

Not 100% true. The main reason is that CP is cheap labor.
I didn’t say it was the only reason. Of course the major reason is cheap labor. Orlando doesn’t have an infinite work force though and they need help from elsewhere to fill that void. That’s one of the major problems if they were to ever open a fifth park.

1. Bring back Spectromagic or something similar. The Electrical Parade was okay but the music got annoying after about 5 minutes.

2. Decrease the Star Wars presence! Last time I was there it seemed like every time I turned there was Star Wars. Each shop seemed to have it's own little SW section. It was ludicrous! I was a fan of Star Wars but now Disney has become so saturated with Star Wars stuff that it's really no longer special. It has been way overdone and needs no more presence in the parks than it already has. That includes attractions as well. (Yeah, I know. They've got this resort going in.) It's a franchise which has overstayed its welcome. Disney needs to focus more on their own original properties and not those that they have purchased from others companies (So don't get me started on the whole ridiculous Marvel thing! Disney and Marvel, in my opinion, do NOT belong together! That's more a Universal thing, not Disney.)
At least keep Marvel and Star Wars OUT of the Magic Kingdom!

1. Bring back Spectromagic or something similar. The Electrical Parade was okay but the music got annoying after about 5 minutes.

2. Decrease the Star Wars presence! Last time I was there it seemed like every time I turned there was Star Wars. Each shop seemed to have it's own little SW section. It was ludicrous! I was a fan of Star Wars but now Disney has become so saturated with Star Wars stuff that it's really no longer special. It has been way overdone and needs no more presence in the parks than it already has. That includes attractions as well. (Yeah, I know. They've got this resort going in.) It's a franchise which has overstayed its welcome. Disney needs to focus more on their own original properties and not those that they have purchased from others companies (So don't get me started on the whole ridiculous Marvel thing! Disney and Marvel, in my opinion, do NOT belong together! That's more a Universal thing, not Disney.)
Stars War is the new Frozen.

Stars War is the new Frozen.
I wouldn’t say that. I’d say Frozen was the new Star Wars and Star Wars never left.

Star Wars is one of if not the largest franchises in the world. It sells a ton of merchandise and does huge at the box office. It sells so Disney is going to keep pushing it. We’ve got at least 5 more Star Wars movies to go.

Oh man - don't I WISH!!! I appreciated it in the early 90's when I first started gong, but I'd have a whole NEW level of appreciation if I could experience those halcyon days now. :)
Heartily agree - have recently been going through the videos of our holidays there from 1990 through to 1998 and what a difference to today. Original Horizons, original Imagination etc. Gondola ride at MK, Back Lot tour at MGM, Working Studio tours at MGM and fireworks were just that - no projections (amazing as they are they do detract somewhat from the pyrotechnics) just great displays and we all sat down to watch them in MGM Studios! Also having parades at MGM Studios in the afternoon - Aladdin and Hercules spring to mind........Ahh those were the days.:smickey:

I literally thought the same thing.

A lot of the restaurants I like on property, I can manage to get a reservation within a week of going. So, I'm fine with the ADR system. If I can't get into some restaurants, then i just save them for my next trip when I am able to plan it a little further out.
When you live as far away as we do and a WDW visit is once a year or, as with us now, once every two years then the ADR system is invaluable - we just can't pop back after a few months and catch up with something that we may have missed.

Yes!!! I couldn’t agree with you more!

My one thing would be to eliminate the Halloween and Christmas parties. It can be a nightmare to pick a MK day dodging all the parties.

Lots of good points on here . Some ideas I wouldn't even have thought of . I do think that as far as the food goes I agree some places could do a whole lot better but for the most part., I'm pleased with it. I do like the idea of the pools staying open later!

Heartily agree - have recently been going through the videos of our holidays there from 1990 through to 1998 and what a difference to today. Original Horizons, original Imagination etc. Gondola ride at MK, Back Lot tour at MGM, Working Studio tours at MGM and fireworks were just that - no projections (amazing as they are they do detract somewhat from the pyrotechnics) just great displays and we all sat down to watch them in MGM Studios! Also having parades at MGM Studios in the afternoon - Aladdin and Hercules spring to mind........Ahh those were the days.:smickey:
The Aladdin parade at MGM was the best! My favorite parade to this day.

The Aladdin parade at MGM was the best! My favorite parade to this day.

It is interesting look backwards and it seemed for a while they would do a new parade every year or so for ever new movie, etc. - and they really don't do that at all anymore (well, I guess hard when they really only have 1 parade now outside of parties)

Not sure if a parade fits in with the new theme of DHS of immersing you in a setting/situation (unless one of the areas becomes like "musical land" and the whole premise is you are inside a musical) - but a parade in AK or EPCOT could be cool

I would absolutely bring back the Electrical Magic Nighttime parade (can't remember the real name) in MK. I LOVED that parade, and one trip watched it almost every night.

Also, I would seriously ratchet up the number of buses. I generally stay at AKL, and for the amount of money deluxe resorts charge anymore I should NOT be waiting more than 20 minutes for a bus EVER and seldom more than 10.

The 10 minutes might be a bit of a stretch, but I stand by the assertion that for $350+ (at a minimum) a night, buses should be running like its going out of style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter