If you could change 1 thing!

I miss the Disney of the 90s too!!

My one would be- less crowds. I dont know how and I dont care how but when I was a kid 30-40 minutes was considered a long queue, everything was do-able and you could just walk into most restaurants or reserve at that moment for the next day.

If I could change one thing at WDW other than price, it would be the busses. I hate being packed in like sardines and waiting for the busses. It doesnt seem to matter which park you want to go to, it seems like there is only one buss going to that park from your hotel. I would have 5 busses dedicated to each park at each resort and decorated in the theme of that resort.

For instance, Port Orleans French Quarter would have 5 busses, Mardi Gras themed, going to the MK, 5 busses going to AK, 5 busses going to HS... and so on. That would be present at all of the resorts except for those with monorails. Perhaps during midday run 2 or 3 busses, when it's not that busy. However, during the morning and evening rushes, there needs to be more busses.

I would also like to see the busses made into double deckers. I know that would be hard to do with some of the bigger busses with the accordion middle, but something needs to be done.

If I could change one thing at WDW other than price, it would be the busses. I hate being packed in like sardines and waiting for the busses. It doesnt seem to matter which park you want to go to, it seems like there is only one buss going to that park from your hotel. I would have 5 busses dedicated to each park at each resort and decorated in the theme of that resort.

For instance, Port Orleans French Quarter would have 5 busses, Mardi Gras themed, going to the MK, 5 busses going to AK, 5 busses going to HS... and so on. That would be present at all of the resorts except for those with monorails. Perhaps during midday run 2 or 3 busses, when it's not that busy. However, during the morning and evening rushes, there needs to be more busses.

I would also like to see the busses made into double deckers. I know that would be hard to do with some of the bigger busses with the accordion middle, but something needs to be done.

Not sure why my idea posted twice... sorry for that.

I thought the themed busses would take the guess work out of which buss that is. I don't think I mentioned this, but each buss would also have the park icon on it. So the Mardi Gras themed bus with a castle in the design is the French Quarter bus to the Magic Kingdom.

I so love listening to the podcasts. You all do such an amazing job and give so much good info which helps me in my planning my trips. So I'm wondering what would each of you change in all of Disney if you could change anything at all?
I would change the price. I cant afford the same vacation I had 6 years ago.

I know OP said if you could change "one" thing, but I have my own and I'd like to comment on other poster's ideas too.

I think they should have kept The Great Movie Ride, just updated the technology and chose different movies. I think that was a really cool ride, and it was for everyone. Not to say the new ride coming in won't be awesome, I just really enjoyed the Great movie ride. I think updating the technology to have better animatronics and choosing newer movies would have given the ride a face lift but would have kept it true to its roots. Sad it's no longer :(

I also think The carousel of progress needs an update. When was the last scene updated? I think adding a new scene from todays era would be cool...

I am well aware that Disney needs to change and evolve, but I don't think changing and evolving necessarily means original attractions need to be scrapped. That may just be me, Idk.

I like the idea of a bus GPS on the Disney experience app. That would be really cool.

I like the idea of FP and ADR being open the same day. THere is way too big of a time difference in my opinion. I think the 180 day mark is slightly obnoxious.

It's not THE ONE THING I would change, but it's definitely something that needs to be changed:

It is absolutely unacceptable that it's the year 2018 and the audio inside Country Bear Jamboree is as bad as it is. The whole audio track sounds like it's being played underwater.

1. Bring back Spectromagic or something similar. The Electrical Parade was okay but the music got annoying after about 5 minutes.

2. Decrease the Star Wars presence! Last time I was there it seemed like every time I turned there was Star Wars. Each shop seemed to have it's own little SW section. It was ludicrous! I was a fan of Star Wars but now Disney has become so saturated with Star Wars stuff that it's really no longer special. It has been way overdone and needs no more presence in the parks than it already has. That includes attractions as well. (Yeah, I know. They've got this resort going in.) It's a franchise which has overstayed its welcome. Disney needs to focus more on their own original properties and not those that they have purchased from others companies (So don't get me started on the whole ridiculous Marvel thing! Disney and Marvel, in my opinion, do NOT belong together! That's more a Universal thing, not Disney.)
At least keep Marvel and Star Wars OUT of the Magic Kingdom!

Thank you! I totally agree, Disney should focus on the movies, characters that Disney designed and produced originally.

I meant a property of Disney origin.
Yes, this!

To go back to the Disney of the late '80s- early '90s. Down to the restaurants, food, rides...:wizard:
Exactly!

Heartily agree - have recently been going through the videos of our holidays there from 1990 through to 1998 and what a difference to today. Original Horizons, original Imagination etc. Gondola ride at MK, Back Lot tour at MGM, Working Studio tours at MGM and fireworks were just that - no projections (amazing as they are they do detract somewhat from the pyrotechnics) just great displays and we all sat down to watch them in MGM Studios! Also having parades at MGM Studios in the afternoon - Aladdin and Hercules spring to mind........Ahh those were the days.:smickey:

Yes, yes, yes -- just a fireworks show with NO PROJECTIONS! I just want to see the castle lit up in different lights and see the fireworks going off abobe and behind it. Get rid of all the projections.

The monorail, update it, give it some love and even though they are going with the Gondola system, expand the monorails!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter