If you could design a Spain pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase, what would you include?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
If you could design a Spain pavilion in Epcot's World Showcase, what would you include? Would you try to focus on one area of the country or spread it out? Would you rather have a ride, an informational movie, or a combination? A full restaurant or quick service? Shows? I thought I'd ask these questions on a fun topic since World Showcase expansion seems to always be rumored. I know the latest expansion rumor is Brazil or Australia but I know Spain was a plan until the "Gigantic movie" was canceled. I think Spain may still have an interest sponsoring a pavilion due to the U.S. Hispanic/Latino population and the fact that they love U.S. tourist money. I know there are other great countries that would fit the showcase well, but a Spain pavilion had me curious on what others would like or expect from it. I look forward to reading great comments. Thanks. :thumbsup2 🇪🇸

My one immediate request would be to have paella as a food option. I guess in the other lands it is mainly the structures and architecture that make it feel representative of the country.

I am assuming they would steer clear of bull fighting and the running of the bulls re-enactments!

Flamenco dancing could be an outdoor performance option.

They won't do this because it's a castle but Alcázar de Segovia. Really I just want the wine and tapas. I really wish they'd add Spain or Brazil.

Flamenco for performances absolutely, a Tapas sit down restaurant for sure with small servings of paella, use some of the wonderful castles and gothic architecture but please keep the Gaudi influences small, perhaps a walkthrough with the pillar styles from the park.

La Sagrada Familia is a hideous building to me (to me, others may have different opinions). They were going for the classic Catholic churches and incorporated Gaudi into it and it doesn't mesh well.

World Showcase is visually based on architecture unique to the country .... it is the exact reason many countries would not fit because they have no unique architecture.

Spain is a great fit (as would be Greece) ..... I would vote for what they call "grand and elegant" architecture full of details. While I think Gaudí’ would be too much, it is what many think of. If included it could be in the background like the Eiffel Tower. But I would prefer the more pure elegant Spain. They have to be careful to not make it too much like the regions that would resemble Italy.

I think all these suggestions are great. It would be cool if Disney saw this thread, went to Spain's government, and then said lets make a deal. Then we could have Spain in Epcot by 2025 ? 😄🇪🇸

I like the idea of the Alcázar and Acqueduct from Segovia as the architectural centerpiece. Also, need to include the bull - I have seen this billboard throughout Spain.
444486 444489 444473

Maybe include an horreo from Asturias (first province in Spain during the Reconquista) or the Puente Romano, or Covadonga.
444480 444487 444488

For food - tapas, as said, that includes jamón ibérico and cheeses - so many cheese choices; chorizo, gazpacho; Spanish tortilla would be a must; paella (but would have to be done right), toast with tomato (and garlic), plate of thin steak and French fries with a fried egg. For drinks there are so many wines to choose from, plus sidra from northern Spain, as well as tinto de verano and vermouth. Also horchata and Kas de limón. Coffee would be café cortado, or espresso, and café americano would have to be made with hot milk with espresso poured in. For dessert or breakfast, churros con chocolate, and if you have pan tostado, drink Colacao with it.

Entertainment would probably include flamenco dancing, although each province has their own styles. It would be nice to sponsor different dance troupes to perform there.

Souvenirs would include fans and castanets, soaps/lotions La Maja, and Mallorquina pearls, Principe cookies, turron, and spices, like saffron.
444482 444483 444484 444485

I think it would be cool if Disney engineers saw all these suggestions. Maybe the Dis podcast can comment about the thread? Disney may be more likely to consider it if they know there is a genuine public interest. 🇪🇸

I like the idea of the Alcázar and Acqueduct from Segovia as the architectural centerpiece. Also, need to include the bull - I have seen this billboard throughout Spain.

Yes. I love it! My husband and I went to Spain for our first anniversary and visited Segovia. Beneath the aqueduct was a traveling entertainment troupe from France with the world's creepiest merry-go-round. We still laugh about the nightmares it must give children.

I wonder if they could do a bit of Ronda too. Use trompe l'oeil to give the appearance of the gorge. I'm sure my brother-in-law would put in a plug for something representing Salamanca - he went to university there.

Epcot Spain would be a signature addition to the W.S., easily a top 5 out of the countries already there. I would love to see what they would do for festivals since there are so many of them yearly in Spain. 🇪🇸

It would be cool if in March they put up a paper mache statue in honor of the Fallas in Valencia, too. :) 444867

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter