If you could have any view out your

I grew up with trees, bushes and plants blocking my view beyond my house. And the house I have lived in the last 35 years is the same. So I'd say that. Nothing wrong with the ocean or mountains. City views are creepy because usually that means someone is looking back at you.

:thumbsup2 Absolutely! We spent a bunch of time in LA just driving through neighbourhoods (DH and I are both residential architecture geeks) and OMG, some of the views from up in the Hollywood hills really stirred my imagination (smog notwithstanding)! :cloud9:

I should have asked you to drive through the neighborhood I lived in (Mar Vista) and reported back how it's doing.

And there is a notoriously steep street in the Echo Park/Silver Lake area that's kind of nerve wracking to drive.

Our terrace and windows look out on a hillside dotted with vineyards (with stands of trees in between). We literally sit and watch the wine grow. Off to the far left, and framed from my bedroom window is a large castle and to the right are two smaller castles---all 3 are it at night and so pretty.
I am not sure there is anything I'd want to trade for.

Yeah wouldn't mind watching my wine grow.

I should have asked you to drive through the neighborhood I lived in (Mar Vista) and reported back how it's doing.

And there is a notoriously steep street in the Echo Park/Silver Lake area that's kind of nerve wracking to drive.
Where is that, roughly? We were over at Dodger Stadium - is that sort of near Echo Park? The neatest neighbourhood we saw was "behind" Hollywood, east (I think) of the Bird Streets. Not sure what it was called - WOW were those streets twisty and narrow - it reminded me of some topography we saw in Europe - Nice and Marseille particularly; maybe with a few more trees.

Where is that, roughly? We were over at Dodger Stadium - is that sort of near Echo Park? The neatest neighbourhood we saw was "behind" Hollywood, east (I think) of the Bird Streets. Not sure what it was called - WOW were those streets twisty and narrow - it reminded me of some topography we saw in Europe - Nice and Marseille particularly; maybe with a few more trees.

Mar Vista is on the west side of LA. About 2 to 3 miles in from Venice Beach, a bit southeast of Santa Monica. I was near the corner of Venice and Centinela Blvds.

Yes, Dodger Stadium is close to Echo Park. The steep street in that neighborhood is Baxter Street. It's recently been in the news because Waze has been directing unsuspecting drivers there as a shortcut or alternative route when main roads are jammed.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/04/04/echo-park-baxter-street-map-apps/

Not sure if the neighborhood with the twisty narrow streets has a name other than Hollywood Hills.

Mar Vista is on the west side of LA. About 2 to 3 miles in from Venice Beach, a bit southeast of Santa Monica. I was near the corner of Venice and Centinela Blvds.

Yes, Dodger Stadium is close to Echo Park. The steep street in that neighborhood is Baxter Street. It's recently been in the news because Waze has been directing unsuspecting drivers there as a shortcut or alternative route when main roads are jammed.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018/04/04/echo-park-baxter-street-map-apps/

Not sure if the neighborhood with the twisty narrow streets has a name other than Hollywood Hills.
:goodvibes Sounds awesome! We usually spend some time at the Santa Monica pier when we're in town (DH loves it there) but schedules didn't allow this trip. We stayed at Hermosa Beach and drove through the Beach Cities on the way up the PCH from San Diego. A painful trip due to the traffic congestion:drive:, but it certainly gave me time to daydream about what living in one of those towns would be like. :cloud9:

Last edited:
My house overlooks the creek and woods with no rear neighbors, so I do enjoy that view. But for something different, I like the desert idea, or lake/mountains.

I've got a pond with a forest behind it now, which is pretty good.

Mountains would be nice, though.

My office used to have a view of the Hollywood Sign. I loved it. And on a clear day, from the rooftop area you could see the ocean. (there weren't that many clear days in LA, but whatever.)

Now I think I would like a view of Main Street at Disneyland. Anyone want to give me an office in the Matterhorn? Wonder if I could see the beach from there?

mountain-light-sky-sun-view-hills-cool-sunset-nice-sunrise-cloud-landscapes-landscape-mountains-nature-trees-morning-clouds-grass-beautiful-full-hd-wallpapers-of-1366x768.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!