If you could pick three....

1. Raglin Road for the atmosphere and the Guinness. Food is pretty good too!
2. Tepan Edo. Just love everything about it
3. California Grill. I think the steak is better than the Yachtsman but not quite as good as Tiffins but you cannot beat the view.

Our family’s favorites are Yak & Yeti; Sci Fi; and Whispering Canyon. All very carnivore friendly and with very memorable theming and atmosphere that everyone will enjoy.

This depends on a number of other factors (Price point? In park or not? Atmosphere (how nice/ fancy?). It's SO hard for me to pick just 3 restaurants!

My top 3 of all time (based on food quality, and consistently good service, and availabilty of good steak/ chicken):
Le Cellier
California Grill
Yachtsman

Others we really like (some of these are fancier than others):
Sci-Fi Dine-in (burgers and shakes but plenty of other good options and fun theming),
Shula's (does not take dining plan but one of the best meals we've ever had at Disney and top-notch, above and beyond service),
Hollywood Brown Derby
Cape May Cafe (a seafood buffet with plenty of options for non-seafood eaters)
Since you have eaten at both Le Cellier and Shula's, which had the better steak, in your opinion? We are going in May for F&G and our anniversary and want a nice steak dinner. Have eaten at Le Cellier, it's been a few years, but hands down the best steak I have ever eaten. Never been to Shula's but see it gets very good reviews here. DH is nervous about going someplace we have never been versus tried and true. Would love your opinion. TIA

Since you have eaten at both Le Cellier and Shula's, which had the better steak, in your opinion? We are going in May for F&G and our anniversary and want a nice steak dinner. Have eaten at Le Cellier, it's been a few years, but hands down the best steak I have ever eaten. Never been to Shula's but see it gets very good reviews here. DH is nervous about going someplace we have never been versus tried and true. Would love your opinion. TIA

We really liked both nearly equally but Shula's would be my pick over Le Cellier. There's a little more variety (different cuts of meat), and seating is not nearly so tight together so it's a little more intimate. The service was good at both, but slightly better at Shula's as well. I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Le Cellier again (although based on reviews it does seem a little inconsitent there lately) but if I had to choose only one, it would be Shula's.

We really liked both nearly equally but Shula's would be my pick over Le Cellier. There's a little more variety (different cuts of meat), and seating is not nearly so tight together so it's a little more intimate. The service was good at both, but slightly better at Shula's as well. I wouldn't hesitate to eat at Le Cellier again (although based on reviews it does seem a little inconsitent there lately) but if I had to choose only one, it would be Shula's.
Thanks so much, I appreciate your input! Would you say the filet is as good/tender as Le Cellier?

Thanks so much, I appreciate your input! Would you say the filet is as good/tender as Le Cellier?
Again, it's a really close call but yes. Filet was as good (maybe a smidge better?) and as tender as Le Cellier. It's also larger. I believe Le Cellier is an 8 ounce filet and at Shula's they start at 10 oz (unless you get the Steak Maryanne which is 2 5 ounce filets so still 10 ounces total) and go up from there (so, more choices that way as well).

Again, it's a really close call but yes. Filet was as good (maybe a smidge better?) and as tender as Le Cellier. It's also larger. I believe Le Cellier is an 8 ounce filet and at Shula's they start at 10 oz (unless you get the Steak Maryanne which is 2 5 ounce filets so still 10 ounces total) and go up from there (so, more choices that way as well).
Thanks again, this is very helpful!

This depends on a number of other factors (Price point? In park or not? Atmosphere (how nice/ fancy?). It's SO hard for me to pick just 3 restaurants!

My top 3 of all time (based on food quality, and consistently good service, and availabilty of good steak/ chicken):
Le Cellier
California Grill
Yachtsman

Others we really like (some of these are fancier than others):
Sci-Fi Dine-in (burgers and shakes but plenty of other good options and fun theming),
Shula's (does not take dining plan but one of the best meals we've ever had at Disney and top-notch, above and beyond service),
Hollywood Brown Derby
Cape May Cafe (a seafood buffet with plenty of options for non-seafood eaters)
the first three on the list are on the pricey side for sure

the first three on the list are on the pricey side for sure

I’m not sure where you’re going with that. Several others offered similar lists.

OP didn’t ask about price range (as in the question wasn’t “what are your top 3 in X price range?”). I offered other, lower-priced choices as well. The top 3 I listed are my top 3.

Also, even a pricey restaurant doesn’t have to cost a fortune. At any of these restaurants I’d be happy with just an entree, or an appetizer as my meal. The restaurant sets the cost, it’s up to me what I order within my budget.

Yak & yeti- great meal every time, and the wontons for dessert are a great way to top it off.
Cape May Cafe- Best buffet on property
Sci Fi drive in- this is a family fav

Raglan Road
Cape May Cafe (Breakfast)
Coral Reef (I know some people hate it, but my Mahi Mahi was really good)

This thread is proof that I've picked the right restaurants for my trip in August.

Hope you've got a good idea now OP, let us know what you're ideal choices will be now :)

Our 3 dinners planned are:

Crystal Palace - MK day
Akershus - EP day
Cape May - AK day

Crystal Palace (Location due to long MK days, favorite MK TS)
Cape May (must do every trip)
Our EP day we try something new

Of the restaurants we have tried, our favorites* are:

Sci-Fi
Be Our Guest
‘Ohana

*DH and I actually think most of the food at WDW is pretty meh. Our favorites are based on ambiance and the unique experience factor over quality of food... because even at CRT or The Wave we still did not think the food was very good. My bucket list restaurants for next time are California Grill brunch, Sanaa, and maybeeeee Victoria & Albert’s.

My top 3 for you would probably be:

• Olivia's at Old Key West
  • Turf Club at Saratoga Springs
  • Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Villas
They probably aren't the easiest to get to, but we've never had a bad meal at
any of them, and there are quite a few choices on the menus, so everybody
should be able to find something they'd enjoy.

I think given their ages-- Sci Fi, and Whispering Canyon Cafe are great choices as far as atmosphere and food options. Beaches and Cream is a fun option too. Or maybe Liberty Tree Tavern or Ohana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter