• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If you ever hear a hillbilly on the voicemail....

pperfectmom

<font color=teal>Has the sense of direction of a m
Please don't make fun of me!!! It took me a looonnnnnngggg time to get up the nerve to call and I finally did it today.:banana: I hate hearing my own voice and always feel like I sound uneducated. I'm really not, but I do have an accent and I was very nervous. So, if you hear me asking about fireworks cruises, go easy on me.

Hey, I won't make fun of you! I just got the nerve to call too, and I hope the same thing except Im worried about being a kid!

Please don't make fun of me!!! It took me a looonnnnnngggg time to get up the nerve to call and I finally did it today.:banana: I hate hearing my own voice and always feel like I sound uneducated. I'm really not, but I do have an accent and I was very nervous. So, if you hear me asking about fireworks cruises, go easy on me.

It's quite alright... I was born and raised in Ky. ( GO CATS !!!:cheer2: ) and I too hate my accent. I can turn off most of it IF I TRY... but oddly enough people like to hear it. Maybe it's just so they can feel smarter... I've got both "Book Smarts":teacher: and "Holler/Street" smarts... most of the time it's not the "Book Smarts" that impress the people !!;) ;)

Well, I don't have an accent, so that's not something I worry about.
I'm just terminally goofy.

Okay, so they played my voicemail on this week's email show. Please be gentle with me.:scared:

Awwww......ya'll are so sweet.:grouphug: See, this is why I keep telling DH that we MUST GO ON THAT CRUISE!!!!!!!

What accent :confused3 ;) I live in East Tennessee, you sounded just right to me. I thought you sounded great and it was a good question. How exciting to have your call played too :cool1: Kevin answered my email right before they played your call and I am super happy! :dance3:

I thought it was great!
At least you get the chance to call. I am still waiting for that international line Pete! Have you thought of using Skype?

Anywho, its nice to hear diversity!

Awwww......ya'll are so sweet.:grouphug: See, this is why I keep telling DH that we MUST GO ON THAT CRUISE!!!!!!!

It's very hard to call and hard to listen to it, but you sounded great! And, FYI, we've done the IllumiNations cruise and loved it. highlight of the trip. Not worth the money anymore, though. They've increased them so much because of their popularity. If you do the IllumiNations Cruise, reqeust Captain Ron. We love him.

OP, I just listened to the podcast, and I loved your voice mail. I thought you sounded great (and I am a northener!), and I really felt for you in having to deal with that obnoxious woman at the fireworks. Good luck with your decision re the fireworks cruise - it sounds like it could be a really great experience.

I thought you sounded great! And I know how you feel, I have a little bit of a lisp so I've been trying to get up the nerve to call and leave a voice mail myself. Maybe I will now! :)

I thought you sounded great! And I know how you feel, I have a little bit of a lisp so I've been trying to get up the nerve to call and leave a voice mail myself. Maybe I will now! :)

Go for it!!! I was a nervous wreck, but now I'm glad I did it. I'm still debating the Illum. cruise idea but after hearing Julie's comment about going to the bathroom beforehand, I don't know if I could make it. I have a notoriously weak bladder.:lmao: I'd hate to shell out that much $$ and be miserable and squirming the whole time.:rotfl:

The funny thing is that when you listen, you're listening to "how" you left the message, but the rest of the listeners are focused on "what you're asking". I felt the same way when I left the cast member appreciation story! ...and look what happened then....I'm now called "Stroller-Boy"!!! LOL

Thanks for calling and leaving that note, I had the same question about fireworks cruises, so the message definitely helped out more people than you probably know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter