If you filed your taxes before January 28th...

The H&R tax software still shows that various forms continue to be updated and aren't yet final. Unless you are getting a large refund, I am not sure of the value in rushing to submit your return. If a form changes that impacts your tax, would you be required to submit an amended return?

The problem wasn't that the forms weren't ready. The problem is that we didn't know that was the case and every person we talked to couldn't tell us anything other than it was submitted and was pending. I was stressing because I didn't know where it was. Finally we got someone that said "oh you have a 1099! We are holding those returns until the 15th." I wasn't rushing to file. We had everything we needed so why not? 1099's are new to us so we didn't know. Next year we won't have to deal with that though. All is well now. We just have to resubmit it on the 15th.

I tried to use HR block as I have for several years and this year when I tried to use the program I knew the state numbers were wrong 100% wrong... I my favor by 450$ but totally wrong... the company wouldn't help me unless I paid 100$ despite it being a programing error in the state taxes. I switched to turbo tax and their calculation was what I thought it should be... filed on the 28th and already have my federal tax return back.

Federal taxes accepted 1/28 ...& refund deposited in checking account 1/31...we were floored..
H & R Block completed our return 1/19.

The H&R tax software still shows that various forms continue to be updated and aren't yet final. Unless you are getting a large refund, I am not sure of the value in rushing to submit your return. If a form changes that impacts your tax, would you be required to submit an amended return?
Yes, you would have to file an amended return if any forms that were included in your return are updated subsequent to you filing.

IF a taxpayer has Earned Income Tax Credit OR refundable Child Tax Credit your refund will not be released till about Feb.28th. Additional scrutiny is being applied to these returns for security purposes.

IF a taxpayer has Earned Income Tax Credit OR refundable Child Tax Credit your refund will not be released till about Feb.28th. Additional scrutiny is being applied to these returns for security purposes.

They started releasing those with deposit dates of 2/22.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!