If you have Comcast and amazon prime

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
Now you can watch amazon prime video on your tv. Just go to the apps and sign up for it. Google said it’s been available for three days now. Said this is the first time amazon prime has been available on a cable streaming service. I never watched it before because it wasn’t on tv.
I’m way behind on my other shows but I signed up for it since it’s free. Maybe they have something good on there.
Enjoy

Now you can watch amazon prime video on your tv. Just go to the apps and sign up for it. Google said it’s been available for three days now. Said this is the first time amazon prime has been available on a cable streaming service. I never watched it before because it wasn’t on tv.
I’m way behind on my other shows but I signed up for it since it’s free. Maybe they have something good on there.
Enjoy
I don't understand. Aren't there lots of ways to watch Prime video on your TV... a smart TV, an Xbox, a Roku, an AppleTV, to say nothing of hooking up your phone and tablet.

I don't understand. Aren't there lots of ways to watch Prime video on your TV... a smart TV, an Xbox, a Roku, an AppleTV, to say nothing of hooking up your phone and tablet.

Now you don’t need that. You can watch it right through your tv on Comcast. I don’t have a smart tv and I’m not watching tv shows on my phone or tablet. This is the first time it’s been available on a cable streaming service.
It might not help you but it might help someone here.

Last edited:

Now you can watch amazon prime video on your tv. Just go to the apps and sign up for it.

Thank you for posting this! I knew it was on the horizon but received no notification that it had actually started.

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll need to upgrade my equipment first. And with the warning that they may not be able to transfer stuff from my dvr.... I probably won't upgrade for a while.

I don't understand. Aren't there lots of ways to watch Prime video on your TV... a smart TV, an Xbox, a Roku, an AppleTV,

I don't have any of these things. I do have a Fire TV stick that is more trouble than it's worth. Watching directly through the cable service would be so much more convenient (my equipment issue notwithstanding).

It's kind of ironic but the streaming service, (Hulu), that Comcast has some ownership of is not on their app list.

Enjoy

Thanks for posting this! We'd previously been connecting through our Blu-Ray player, but to have it integrated is super nice. Now I can search for a program with the voice control. Yay! (It's the little things.)

Thank you for posting. Last night I thought I saw the AP logo flash by as we went into Netflix, and wondered if I had just missed it previously. Then of course I forgot all about it until I saw your posting. Sounds like it is a new offering from Comcast. It will be nice to watch on the big screen instead of my iPad.

Just saw an xfinity commercial last night touting this new feature. I love this capability. So convenient to search for Netflix and amazon prime shows with your voice control. No switching between devices and inputs, just tell xfinity what you want to watch.

Explain it to me like I'm a five year old. Go to which apps? Thanks!

On your remote control hit the Xfinity button. Go over to apps hit ok. Than you will see prime video in 2 different areas they are both the same.

If you don’t see it you might have a old cable box and you will have to call Comcast for a new cable box.

Last edited:
Just got a 4K tv. Called Comcast for a 4K cable box. Just got it installed but it didn’t have the amazon prime app on there. Hopefully when the box updates tonight it will be on there.

Just got a 4K tv. Called Comcast for a 4K cable box. Just got it installed but it didn’t have the amazon prime app on there. Hopefully when the box updates tonight it will be on there.

I hope it does come back!

Coincidentally, I received my new cable box today. All set up, and confirmed that I now have access to the Amazon Prime Video app. But I'm sitting here noticing the new box is quite loud. I hope that works itself out!

Update- after the nighttime update of the cable box. Amazon prime is on there. I could always go through the smart tv app but this way is much easier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter