If you stayed at the Poly recently (not DVC) how was your room?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
If you stayed at the POLY recently, how was your room? Clean? Refreshed looking? How was the bed? I have been reading some things that imply the DVC resort guests are happier with their rooms, etc than regular guests and wondering how true that is.

If you stayed at the POLY recently, how was your room? Clean? Refreshed looking? How was the bed? I have been reading some things that imply the DVC resort guests are happier with their rooms, etc than regular guests and wondering how true that is.

I was just there the end of Oct (stayed CL) and the room was very nice and clean. Housekeeping was fabulous as the room was made up every day late morning/early afternoon and toiletries were replenished daily. The room was always crisp and clean and turn down was done nightly (with plenty of chocolates :P). We also got at least 2-3 towel animals daily. It was an amazing stay as all the CMs were great, but housekeeping was amazing!

My DW and I stayed over the Thanksgiving week in a standard view king room. The room looked great and was HUGE. This was our first stay at the Polynesian and I had read the comments about the room sizes and it was one of those "see it to believe it" moments. The housekeeping staff was wonderful and we were never disturbed while in our room. Our room was always made up by the time we came back from our daily activities, any used toiletries were changed out, used towels were changed out when needed. The bed was very comfortable. DW and I loved the bathroom (very spacious). We will definitely be staying at Polynesian again if the opportunity ever happens.

We were there for ten nights over Thanksgiving. We have had multiple stays at Polynesian. We were in Roratonga. The room was nice, not really ' tired' looking....but not new either. I noticed a couple of stains on the carpet. Bathroom in great shape. I always do a 'bed bug check' and the mattress looked practically new. The hallways weren't bad at all, but a little wear on carpeting....to me that is to be expected. Housekeeping always did an amazing job. I don't keep up with resort refurbishment schedules, but it didn't seem like Polynesian really needed it yet. Have a great trip, you can never go wrong with the Polynesian!

Our room was clean. The room was really large, if traveling with a lot of people you won't feel on top of each other. I just felt like the hotel felt old. The hallway and elevator made me feel like I was back in 1970. The elevator was so small that we had to wait for the guy with the luggage on the cart to go down because there wasn't room for the two of us. I thought the beds were a little hard, but that's just personal preference. Of all the deluxes I've stayed at, it ranks near the bottom.

I have to agree with others here. We were there mid Nov and the room in Fiji was perfect. Nice and big, very clean, and I enjoyed having a patio for the first time. Toiletries were replaced faithfully, room was always made up, and the only thing I left notes for was the coffee supplies. I figured maybe mousekeeping didn't check the little drawers under the coffee maker sometimes.

Ehhh our room was pretty worn during our stay in July, first floor Tokelau. Carpet was worn, couch and chair had stains, bathroom countertop had chips, the floor and the toilet bowl were scratched up. Just didn’t feel like a $450/night room by any stretch but it was very large. We are staying DVC next stay and hoping for a little better.

Edit: our room was in Tuvalu not tokelau, sorry!

Last edited:

Our room was clean. The room was really large, if traveling with a lot of people you won't feel on top of each other. I just felt like the hotel felt old. The hallway and elevator made me feel like I was back in 1970. The elevator was so small that we had to wait for the guy with the luggage on the cart to go down because there wasn't room for the two of us. I thought the beds were a little hard, but that's just personal preference. Of all the deluxes I've stayed at, it ranks near the bottom.

What is your ranking in order if you dont mind me asking?

Ehhh our room was pretty worn during our stay in July, first floor Tokelau. Carpet was worn, couch and chair had stains, bathroom countertop had chips, the floor and the toilet bowl were scratched up. Just didn’t feel like a $450/night room by any stretch but it was very large. We are staying DVC next stay and hoping for a little better.

So you were in Tokelau in July but not DVC? I thought all of Tokelau was DVC?

Our last stay was 8/2015. I like the resort, theming, location, food options and size of rooms. But I think it’s due for a refurb. The room was clean, beds super comfy, but the furniture has seen better days. Plugs built into dresser don’t work, and they’re worn. I think the last refurb was just soft goods.
However, I’m now afraid of when WDW refurbs rooms. They seem to be making them more generic and taking out the ceiling fans :sad2: It would be a shame to loose the wonderful Poly room theming.
We were in Samoa, my fav location before they put in another price tier and decided to charge an extra $100 to look at a pool.

Our last stay was 8/2015. I like the resort, theming, location, food options and size of rooms. But I think it’s due for a refurb. The room was clean, beds super comfy, but the furniture has seen better days. Plugs built into dresser don’t work, and they’re worn. I think the last refurb was just soft goods.
However, I’m now afraid of when WDW refurbs rooms. They seem to be making them more generic and taking out the ceiling fans :sad2: It would be a shame to loose the wonderful Poly room theming.
We were in Samoa, my fav location before they put in another price tier and decided to charge an extra $100 to look at a pool.

I think they took out the ceiling fans at the Poly about a year and a half ago.

We were at the Poly a few months back. Beds were great, furniture was in good condition and everything worked properly. No complaints from me. :goodvibes

Ive stayed both standard and dvc and my family all agreed dvc was better. the theming in the room with the colors and portraits are much better. all the colors pop from the orange curtains, the bed runner, the blue wall in the bathroom, the mermaid portrait in the bathroom, the pirate portrait in the room, the furniture under the tv and ESPECIALLY the walk-in shower. I personally prefer 2 queen beds to the one sofa bed one queen bed, however I still would choose the DVC room over the standard. Also the mattress is better in the dvc room then the mattress in the standard room.

Keep reading and you'll find reviews suffering the opposite
There are reviews online to color towards whatever view point you want. There are too many different opinions theses days not to mention those with agenda behind their reviews.
This to all that I think reviews online are worthless
Poly rooms are fine. Regular or DVC
Some may call the tried
Others call them retro, which is right back in style thanks to Mad Men
Both are right but only you know if you think retro is great. Or not

We stayed at the Poly in Aug, 2017 for 4 nights, coming from the BC. I don't want to knock the resort because it is beautiful but we had a really bad experience with the cleanliness of the room. The GM actually paid for our family of 5 to eat at Ohana's because of the issues. I think the mousekeeper was new and didn't know how to clean a room (or a toilet). Anyway, the room was large and the resort was nice BUT I felt that the room needed updating and the room felt very damp. It just didn't seem as "nice" as the BC, where we had come from or the GF which we have stayed at a few times since then.

What is your ranking in order if you dont mind me asking?
  • Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary
  • Boardwalk
  • Wilderness Lodge
  • Grand Floridian
  • Animal Kingdom Lodge (I've only stayed in a savanna room)
  • Beach Club
  • Polynesian
I haven't stayed at the Yacht Club so can't really rank that one. Beach Club I'm not a big fan of, but I like that everything is in one building and the pool is pretty nice. These are just personal preferences from my stays. I love the Animal Kingdom Lodge, but it's really far from everything so I usually try to stay there on trips not focused on the parks, otherwise it would be a lot higher.

I had similar thoughts when I stayed in a DVC room at the Poly in January. The configuration of the separate buildings, the hallways, the elevators, all just seem dated. I admit I enjoyed Trader Sam’s though.

I thought the point was that it is supposed to harken back to the 70s, so that feel is right on.

As far as elevators...once the shafts are built they are built. Without tearing down the buildings to rebuild, those are not getting any bigger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter