If you were not a soccer (association football) fan before, are you now based on the USWNT or USMNT?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Have you become a fan of the sport due to the Fifa Women's World Cup or the Concacaf Gold Cup this summer.? If so, do you plan to watch more regularly (like MLS or EPL) or just the occasional game when the USMNT or USWNT play? Thanks for any responses and go USA in both finals today.⚽🇺🇸

Last edited:

No. I wish I did, but I find it pretty boring. Low scoring games are just not my thing, same goes for watching Hockey. I respect the game and the athletes that compete, but just isn't for me.

I find the show off antics of the certain female soccer player to be a poor sign of integrity and most of all a sign of being a spoiled "all about me" brat.

Our family is a soccer family. All 4 kids played. Daughter still does in high school. Dh and all 4 kids referee.

Have tried to ignore the press around some players. Don't all sports have outspoken players?
I can overlook the negative and focus on the game.

Unfortunately, soccer is relatively new to the US. So those not exposed to it before now only know the negative press. It's a shame .

Go USA!

@Southernmiss to me it doesn't matter what sport or gender, if they act out and the organizing body does not discipline them it's a turn off for me. Same went for football when I watched it. If FIFA wants to allow it, so be it. But it will turn off potential followers like me. I hope that FIFA addresses the issue for the integrity of the sport in the long run.

No. My daughter played 20 years ago, and I was the "field prep" parent, but I never understood the rules of the game beyond that you were trying to kick the ball in the goal.

My vague, slight curiosity in European football is due to the story of AFC Wimbledon. Although I like the Women's World Cup as well.

No. My daughter played 20 years ago, and I was the "field prep" parent, but I never understood the rules of the game beyond that you were trying to kick the ball in the goal.
I used to hate soccer. Then when my kids started playing, I learned the rules and strategy. Once you understand what's going on, it's truly an exciting game to watch. American football moves WAY too slow for me now.

With the exception of some NT (both W & M) games, it's still not "appointment TV" for us, but we will tune in a random game and watch.

Congrats to the ladies and good luck to the men!

We have the game on here. Go USA! The women have been great. Don't understand all the angst over how they act - male athletes get away with so much worse.

But won' be a regular soccer fan.

I do not discriminate, I can't stand several male athletes because of their actions. But I do think you have a point, male athletes tend to get away with more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!