If you were not a soccer (association football) fan before, are you now based on the USWNT or USMNT?

If you're not going to read the thread, please don't respond to me. I've never criticized the celebrations. I simply pointed out not everyone criticizing the women is sexist. If you'd rather believe they all are, go ahead.
I wasn't responding to whether or not you were sexist. I was responding to your comment that people don't celebrate as much in other sports when scores are uneven. In my experience, it's the opposite--the more they smell blood, the wilder it gets because it reduces the likelihood of losing. Which is the entire point. Stop playing the victim here.

I watched the championship game and I can confirm that I still don't like soccer. I just find it very boring. I missed the second goal because I was zoning out on my phone.

The women are much better than the men to watch, in my opinion. If I had to watch a game, it would be a women's game. I don't plan on watching any of the men's World Cup the next time it's on. I don't plan on watching any MLS stuff if/when it comes to my hometown either. I couldn't care less about men's soccer.

I may watch the women play in four years. I still like supporting them even if I don't really care for the sport.

It's just not my thing. Now Mega Man Soccer? That game is awesome!

I read contradictions in your posts. You aren't holding the holding the team responsible for the action(s) of one. But it affects how you view the team as a whole? That makes no sense.

I think the key word is "team". It is normal practice in sports for the players understand that individual questionable actions reflect on the entire team. The individual you are responding to has a different viewpoint than you do. It is acceptable for us to see this situation differently.

I was responding to your comment that people don't celebrate as much in other sports when scores are uneven.
You might want to go back and re-read, because I never hinted, much less said people don't celebrate as much in other sports. You're reading something that isn't there. So are you ignorant or sexist? ;)

You might want to go back and re-read, because I never hinted, much less said people don't celebrate as much in other sports. You're reading something that isn't there. So are you ignorant or sexist? ;)

These are your words: "I'm guessing here, but if they would have won the first game 3-0, or even 5-0, there wouldn't have been any complaints over the celebrations. The 13-0 rubbed a lot of people the wrong way to start. Then they looked at the continued celebration at 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. Please show where the men's team has kept celebrating at 8+ goals (heck, find where the men could SCORE 8 goals in a game). "

I suggest you go back and read your own posts before calling someone else ignorant.

These are your words: "I'm guessing here, but if they would have won the first game 3-0, or even 5-0, there wouldn't have been any complaints over the celebrations. The 13-0 rubbed a lot of people the wrong way to start. Then they looked at the continued celebration at 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13. Please show where the men's team has kept celebrating at 8+ goals (heck, find where the men could SCORE 8 goals in a game). "

I suggest you go back and read your own posts before calling someone else ignorant.
Thanks for proving my point. I referenced THE men's team referring to the USMNT. I didn't say A team. I even referenced the men's team scoring 8 goals. So nope, not a hint or reference to other sports.

And the ignorant comment was more as a joke, which is why I put the smilie in.

Thanks for proving my point. I referenced THE men's team referring to the USMNT. I didn't say A team. I even referenced the men's team scoring 8 goals. So nope, not a hint or reference to other sports.

And the ignorant comment was more as a joke, which is why I put the smilie in.
So your only issue is that the women scored too many goals...? Okay then. :rolleyes1

Please no politics in the thread. :headache::worried: I rather see people comment on the original question. There is another thread on the controversy but it is not the focus here.

Another question, would having an MLS/USL team come to your town/city make a difference in your interest in soccer?⚽ :bounce:

No. Criticizing the behavior of the team does not make one sexist. Criticizing the behavior of the team because they are female would make one sexist. I'm sure there are some criticizing who are sexist. But I don't believe the majority are.

I do.

I think the key word is "team". It is normal practice in sports for the players understand that individual questionable actions reflect on the entire team. The individual you are responding to has a different viewpoint than you do. It is acceptable for us to see this situation differently.
I’m still waiting to hear about their questionable actions. I watched almost every game of this tournament because I support women’s international play. I saw nothing shameful. I saw passionate, strong athletes giving everything they had.

What’s shameful and unacceptable is not supporting strong women.

I’m still waiting to hear about their questionable actions. I watched almost every game of this tournament because I support women’s international play. I saw nothing shameful. I saw passionate, strong athletes giving everything they had.

What’s shameful and unacceptable is not supporting strong women.
[/QUOTE

Replying to myself because someone is sad that i encourage supporting strong women. :sad2:

Another question, would having an MLS/USL team come to your town/city make a difference in your interest in soccer?⚽ :bounce:

I ask this because MLS is set to announce two new teams at the end of the month (St. Louis and Sacramento are the rumored places). A third is expected to be announced next year (rumored to be Charlotte, Las Vegas, Detroit, or Phoenix). Nashville and Miami enter the league next year. ⚽

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!