If you were not a soccer (association football) fan before, are you now based on the USWNT or USMNT?

And it'll probably pick up again when they play in the 2020 Olympics.

Perhaps a little, but definitely not to the extent of the World Cup. Olympic soccer is a D list sport. Most attention is focused on track, gymnastics, and swimming. The soccer team won't be able to compete with the stars of those sports.

I don't expect much attention until the next World Cup.

They're at about 14 minutes now. By the end of the week the stories will be few and far between. By Labor Day the general public will have largely forgotten.
Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Nothing stays in the news cycle for more than a couple days anymore. Everyone moved on from the Raptors winning the NBA title like the day after.

Not sure what point you are trying to make here. Nothing stays in the news cycle for more than a couple days anymore. Everyone moved on from the Raptors winning the NBA title like the day after.

I guess Kawhi Leonard had his 15 minutes.

Perhaps a little, but definitely not to the extent of the World Cup. Olympic soccer is a D list sport. Most attention is focused on track, gymnastics, and swimming. The soccer team won't be able to compete with the stars of those sports.

I don't expect much attention until the next World Cup.
It's not huge but there's a steady fanbase because there's so much participation in soccer in the US. Certain among the steady fanbase the two big events are the WWC and the Olympics.

It's not huge but there's a steady fanbase because there's so much participation in soccer in the US. Certain among the steady fanbase the two big events are the WWC and the Olympics.

No doubt, but the women's Olympic soccer team will gain little attention from the casual fans, bandwagon jumpers, and detractors that followed the World Cup team. Media coverage will be minimal as well.

Last edited:

I'm saying the women's soccer team has some staying power, but it's coming to an end soon. Minute 14. They've stayed in the news cycle for a week now, and there will probably be a few more stories this week before it's over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!