If You Were Pregnant, Would You Ditch Your Husband For WDW...?

I know!!!

Geeze Louise What the heck do these folks think women did before air conditioning?

And like I said before there are plenty of places just as hot and humid she could be going to or living.

No kidding. You'd think that pregnancy and childbirth in the heat of summer is a 20th century invention.:rolleyes:

What in the heck do all of the women that work manual labor outside do when they get pregnant? I know my sister worked with a greenskeeper at the local golf course right up until the end of both of her pregnancies.

Meg, there is no way anyone would keep me from going on that trip. I would go and enjoy, because WDW changes forever after you have a baby...you get to see it through your child's eyes...which while awe inspiring and phenominal...is alot more WORK.;)

Enjoy!!!

No, you are not being selfish, but trust me, as a mom of 5, NEVER buy your children stuffed animals! Everyone will bring the baby a stuffed animal, and I swear they reproduce like bunnies. I have a dozen hefty bags filled, the kids have a bunch in their room, and many have found their way to the curb. It's like becoming engaged, and buying picture frames and vases for yourse.f ;)

So true! I counted the stuffed animals on DS9's bed the other day - there were 42 of them (he's the animal lover in the family)! I told him he'd have to go through them and figure out which ones he really wanted to keep and which ones we could get rid of. I was thrilled when I walked into his room and saw how he had reduced the number of animals on his bed......until I looked across the room at DS4's bed. :eek: DS9 had been "kind" enough to give his little brother several of his stuffed animals. At least some of them made it to the trash though.

Golly....I don't know how all the pregnant people in Florida manage. Do they go live somewhere else where it's cool? :confused3

There's plenty of ways to stay cool and you certainly don't need to go commando in the parks. Take it slow, stay hydrated and all will be fine and dandy.

You have your home, doctors, family, and hospital there.

Some of us have medical issues and traveling while pregnant is something we cannot do.

It is just as hot in St. Louis as it is in Florida in June.;)

I have lived in Florida my WHOLE life and I still think summer is HOT HOT!! I would no way go to wdw 7 months preg in june..no way no how not if it was free! Its not about leaving your dh its about being big and pregnant and walking around in the fl heat, its bad.
My son was born in july so I was really pregnant while it was hot,my dd was born in Dec so I was about5 months along in the summer...well my dh and I thought it would be nice to go with my parents to wdw for 3 days in june...now I had had a little trouble early on but we said "ok we will hang at the resort while they go to the park"I could in no way walk around in that heat. and that was almost to much.I think being so "crowded" and big in the middle area makes the heat so much worse....

I've done the south GA summer in late pregnancy and the heat was a killer for me. While that's great that generations have suffered through summer pregnancies before me :rolleyes: I don't see any reason that I need to be more miserable than necessary. And yes, at 7mos pg in the middle of the summer, I would even consider Disney to be miserable. I also probably wouldn't go to Disney without DH, Disney is a special family place for us.

But really you only need to worry about what's best for you and your DH. If you're okay with being in the heat and your DH is okay with you going, then have a great time! I'm sure you'd enjoy a final child free trip.

And good gravy I agree with the pp about the stuffed animals! My house was overrun the first two years of each baby's life! I kept getting rid of bagfuls and they just kept multiplying! :rotfl:

Go and enjoy! I bet your parents will be so thrilled to spend that time with you before their baby has a baby. Yes, the heat is less than great then, but how many women live in Florida and have babies. They go to outside jobs and work in that heat. Just take lots of breaks and enjoy the rest at the resorts too. Sounds wonderful to me!

I wouldn't because I'd be too nervous about going into labor so far from home without my DH. Also, we went to WDW last June...it was our first summer trip in years. We normally go in the fall/winter. Based on last summer's trip, there's no way I would go to WDW 7 months pregnant in the summer! It sounds like you are familiar with the summer heat at WDW.

You have your home, doctors, family, and hospital there.

Some of us have medical issues and traveling while pregnant is something we cannot do.

It is just as hot in St. Louis as it is in Florida in June.;)

Then if that was the case traveling would be a no-no.

I know living down here pregnant versus touring the theme parks pregnant is something different but I was just commenting because it was making me giggle how so many was going on about the heat down here in June, but people do live and work in it every day. The average high temp is 90 with the humidity at 57%. There are plenty of ways to cool down though.
If she does decide to go she should clear it with her Dr. of course, traveling that late into the pregnancy. But like I said before, stay hydrated, don't go all out in the parks and it should be ok. One nice thing is the parks are usually open later that time of year so she could go in the mornings, leave when it gets mid-day and the hottest and come back in the evenings.

Eh, I'm no stranger to the heat, I survived 2 summer pregnancies in Phoenix where the temps often exceed 105 degrees.
Trudging through a theme park in hot weather @ 7 months pregnant just isn't my idea of a good time. Come to think of it, I wouldn't do Disney in the summer EVER, pregnant or not. :lmao:
To each their own, I know plenty of people prefer the heat.

No, you are not being selfish, but trust me, as a mom of 5, NEVER buy your children stuffed animals! Everyone will bring the baby a stuffed animal, and I swear they reproduce like bunnies. I have a dozen hefty bags filled, the kids have a bunch in their room, and many have found their way to the curb. It's like becoming engaged, and buying picture frames and vases for yourse.f ;)

Off topic-
I have a rule. If you bring a new stuffed animal into the house, you must get rid of one.

Yes- I would go with out my husband. I am taking a 14 night DCL transplantation cruise all by myself. Dh is staying home with the kids. I could not find anyone who could take that much time off. I feel selfish but I am going to use that time to relax and recharge.

Golly....I don't know how all the pregnant people in Florida manage. Do they go live somewhere else where it's cool? :confused3

There's plenty of ways to stay cool and you certainly don't need to go commando in the parks. Take it slow, stay hydrated and all will be fine and dandy.

We manage by not going to theme parks and walking around all day.

Let's see - sit at home alone while my husband is at work verses going to the Greatest Place on Earth with my parents.....I choose the second option!:rotfl:
You can take your time waddling through WDW, sit by the pool or in the AC hotel room. Are your parents staying on property? Just thinking that the only drawback might be if you needed to rest or get out of the heat and they were not ready to leave yet. If you are off property that could be a problem.

I appreciate all of the input!

FWIW, I know how hot it is in June. I've gone every summer since I'm two. ;) All I know is, a pool, someone making my bed each day, good food, better desserts, no laundry, no dirty toilets, and relaxation for two weeks in 100 degrees sounds wonderful. Of course, I'm not 7 months and have never been 7 months before, but I will see how I feel when June comes!

Since you're driving is it possible to wait until the last minute to decide? You may feel great, you may be very uncomfortable. It is a long time between now and June and a lot can happen....and not happen.

I just asked DH and if we still lived in NH and I felt great he wouldn't care if I went.

Take it easy, rent a wheelchair or scooter if you need to. Enjoy!

I have lived in Florida my WHOLE life and I still think summer is HOT HOT!! I would no way go to wdw 7 months preg in june..no way no how not if it was free! Its not about leaving your dh its about being big and pregnant and walking around in the fl heat, its bad.
My son was born in july so I was really pregnant while it was hot,my dd was born in Dec so I was about5 months along in the summer...well my dh and I thought it would be nice to go with my parents to wdw for 3 days in june...now I had had a little trouble early on but we said "ok we will hang at the resort while they go to the park"I could in no way walk around in that heat. and that was almost to much.I think being so "crowded" and big in the middle area makes the heat so much worse....

I was pregnant in the summer in Tennessee and the heat was one of the few things guaranteed to make my morning sickness worse. I got to the point that I would carry a frozen blue ice or a frozen water bottle around with me when I had to be outside to hold on my wrists or elbows to try to combat the heat. The heat and humidity in Florida is even worse than Tennessee and there's no way I would have voluntarily spent any more time outside in it than I had to. Trudging around the parks would not have been something I could have done. Maybe the people who live there are more used to it and it doesn't bother them - but I was used to the climate in Tennesse, too, and that didn't make it any easier for me to tolerate the heat when I was pregnant. I was even hot when I was inside with the air conditioner going full blast. Going outside was just miserable.

That said, I wouldn't have had a problem going to WDW without my husband when I was pregnant if the heat hadn't been an issue for me, as long as I thought he wouldn't mind. We're pretty sentimental and I never would have taken my child for the first time without him, but taking the unborn child would have been a complete non-issue. It would never have occured to me that it would be any different than if I went without him when I wasn't pregnant.

I wouldn't do it, but then again I am hot right now at 8 months pregnant in the winter...LOL.

Also, you need to discuss this with your doctor. If you are driving he may tell you no to long road trips that far along. My doctor cut off long trips for me at 28 weeks. Even in their "manual" that they hand out at your first prenatal appointment it says no long road trips after 28 weeks.

I think its fine but the bigger question is will enjoy it. Seriously HEAT STROKE. This is one of our hottest times of the year and you will be way pregnant. I had an August baby so I know what its like to be pregnant in Florida in the summer.

If you really want to do this please consider renting an ECV to make the daytime stuff easier on your body and take naps or shop during the hottest times of the day. Do this light and easy. Do not do the crazy kind of trip you would normally do.

Also bring a copy of all records from your OB with you just in case.

B

If you can swing it, I don't see why not. I'm a trainwreck when I'm preggo so I personally wouldn't, but that's just me... my body just does NOT like pregnancy!

I appreciate all of the input!

FWIW, I know how hot it is in June. I've gone every summer since I'm two. ;) All I know is, a pool, someone making my bed each day, good food, better desserts, no laundry, no dirty toilets, and relaxation for two weeks in 100 degrees sounds wonderful. Of course, I'm not 7 months and have never been 7 months before, but I will see how I feel when June comes!

I'm 7 months right now. I've been 7 months 4 other times. If someone gave me the trip right now I couldn't go. (Same with the other 4 times). the only way i could handle it would be if I stayed at the pool for most of the day and the rest of the day in the hotel room. Just a bus ride to the parks (since not many people seem to give up seats to pregnant women anymore) would put me into contractions. Ever since I hit 30 weeks i've been having braxton-hicks - which even though it hasn't progressed into labor - is nothing to play with as you need to lay down and drink water. But even with planning on not goingto the parks, there is no way I could handle a plane or long car ride ride now. It would just be WAY too uncomfortable.

Again, I know that others may be different, but I just couldn't do it. Also, with my first, I did go into premature labor at 30 weeks and had to be in the hospital for a couple days and then bed rest for 3 weeks. Had I been away when that happened, I would have had to stay on bed rest in a hotel for that 3 weeks away from hubby and I would not have been happy. I would have attempted the car ride home to give birth once I was allowed off bedrest, but who knows if I would have made it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!