• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

II Exchange to OKW...Take Two!!

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
If this thread already posted - sorry!!! I thought it did, but I can't find it...

We are so excited!!

We were all set: September trip for DS's birthday, 5 nights at the Polynesian. November/December trip at AKL and VWL. Lots of fun, couldn't wait.

Then some things came up and we have to postpone the Nov/Dec trip until after the holidays. Lots of points to use...so we decided on a cruise. VERY excited. But this left us feeling that 5 nights in September just wasn't enough to see us through until 2006...

So we decided to look into using our resort exchange for II (we have a Vail, CO resort we bought into solely to exchange in Orlando a while back). We thought we'd book Sheraton Vistana or some such for 4 nights and then keep the 5 at the Poly.

And then?? A 1 br at OKW was there!!! I think it took us 5 seconds to grab the Mastercard and book the exchange. Now I have to see if I can get 9/16 and 9/24 on points at OKW and we're trading a 5 night, 231 point trip into a 9 night, 80 point trip with more room.

I am so excited I could just scream!

This is the second time we have been able to exchange into OKW via II. We keep getting told it never happens and we keep looking, "just in case". Although this trip won't be nearly as expensive...on the first one, we left with a DVC backpack and a binder full of contracts. ;)

So...if the lovely DVC members who deposited their week in order to go elsewhere are reading this: THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! :love:

So now...we have all these reservation points to put towards a cruise, and DVC points to bank.

:goodvibes

There were a bunch of Sept and Jan 1 and 2 BR units at OKW and SSR, congratulations.

I have relatives who have traded II to OKW and BWV on a couple of different occassions! Congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter