IIIEEEEEEEE.......What a Trip!

The day sounds amazing!! Be glad you did not end up with pukers on Popeye, that happened to us in 2010 :sad2: The ride photos however are hilarious :rotfl2: I'll have to have my sister add the Dino place to her list (yes, everywhere we go she has a list of food places :lmao:)

I remember from our trip back in 2000, Steve and I got so soaked on Dudley and Popeye ride. We will not be doing either of those..lol However, we do want to try Jurassic Ride. That looks like a lot of fun.

Enjoying all the pics. Its getting me excited for our trip next month.

I got pretty wet on Jurassic because I had a kid in front of me.....water went over the top of him and on to me. We planned for the wet rides by wearing quick drying clothes.....did the 2 really wet ones back to back and then when we were still a little wet did the Jurassic Park one. We were dry pretty quick in the afternoon when it warmed up.

Joining in!
:welcome:

I am in .......
:welcome:

The day sounds amazing!! Be glad you did not end up with pukers on Popeye, that happened to us in 2010 :sad2: The ride photos however are hilarious :rotfl2: I'll have to have my sister add the Dino place to her list (yes, everywhere we go she has a list of food places :lmao:)

Ewwwww, that would be so gross!!! :crazy2: Derek and Sara started posing for all the on-ride photos as you will see as we continue on. Not gonna laugh at your sister's food places list.......I do a lot of research on food places. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money, I want something that tastes good!!

It was time to step into the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and visit Hogsmeade........quite impressive!!

Here are a few Universal Photos taken (of our wet selfs) on the bridge leading into Hogsmeade.

Hogwarts Castle~~

Hogsmeade~~

We decided to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I absolutely LOVED this ride!! You get in a set of 4 seats with shoulder harness and then you move forwards, backwards, sideways and go back where you feel like you're on your head. So much fun....but intense movements......so if motion sickness is an issue......you may have to skip this one. Mike did.....so enjoy these photos he took.

Here's our Universal Photos On-Ride Picture:

Here are a few random pictures from Hogsmeade.

We met back up with Mike and got in line to ride Flight of the Hippogriff. This was the longest wait we had all day (15 minutes.....lol) and it was probably the shortest ride I've ever done. It's like Big Thunder Mt Railroad but up high and just over a minute long ride time. It was fun but it needed to be longer. We decided it was time to get a Butterbeer!! We went into The Hogs Head (I believe that's right) to order.

After paying for our drinks, we headed outside to sit and enjoy or frozen Butterbeers........oh my goodness......SOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!

So what is Butterbeer?? It's like butterscotchy cream soda with a thick, buttery whipped topping on it. It comes cold or frozen and during the winter months you can get it hot.

Here we are with our Butterbeer moustaches~~

More Hogsmeade photos:

The Hogsmeade Express.

Even more Hogsmeade photos.

Told you, you would love FJ. Isn't it amazing! I obviously haven't ridden pandora yet so not sure how that compares but up till now that is the most impressive ride I have been on. It does make me queasy and the first year I didn't use anything and closed my eyes but still felt a little off but this last time I took dramamine and it still was a little bad and I still had to close eyes a few times but I didn't feel as awful after. Did you ride the Hogwarts express over to Univ/Daigon Alley? The Univ side is just ok. I do like it in some ways better than Hollywood as it has more stuff but I like the actual movie tour and the fact the hollywood is still a working studio. But I LOVE IOA. The themeing is amazing and I love all the rides! Are they getting ride of dueling dragons (the two coasters in Hogsmeade) I remember when they were just called fire and ice when that area was part of the lost continent. If so did you see what they are replacing it with? Just curious.

Told you, you would love FJ. Isn't it amazing! I obviously haven't ridden pandora yet so not sure how that compares but up till now that is the most impressive ride I have been on. It does make me queasy and the first year I didn't use anything and closed my eyes but still felt a little off but this last time I took dramamine and it still was a little bad and I still had to close eyes a few times but I didn't feel as awful after. Did you ride the Hogwarts express over to Univ/Daigon Alley? The Univ side is just ok. I do like it in some ways better than Hollywood as it has more stuff but I like the actual movie tour and the fact the hollywood is still a working studio. But I LOVE IOA. The themeing is amazing and I love all the rides! Are they getting ride of dueling dragons (the two coasters in Hogsmeade) I remember when they were just called fire and ice when that area was part of the lost continent. If so did you see what they are replacing it with? Just curious.

Closing your eyes on FJ wouldn't work too well, as there is a lot of movement. We didn't do the train this day.

Dueling Dragons is gone.....I'm not sure what they are replacing it with.

I dont't mind the wet clothes, its the wet sneakers I hate. So I am either going bring water shoes to wear on it or bring a crappy pair of sneakers and we them on it. Or I could even run back to the hotel for a break to change after we do any water rides.

anyways, back to your report..lol

Is Forbidden Journey like Flight of Passage right, movement wise? Loved FOP and was just curious.

Butter Beer sounds really good. I think I want to try the frozen one.

Yea for me motion usually doesn't bother me TOO much unless it is like spinning but the visual stuff is what bothers me more. That is why I can do roller coasters but esp now that I am older and my vision is worse those 3D rides really get to me. Even soaring now can bother me a bit if I sit in the wrong spot.

We decided to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey. I absolutely LOVED this ride!! You get in a set of 4 seats with shoulder harness and then you move forwards, backwards, sideways and go back where you feel like you're on your head. So much fun....but intense movements......so if motion sickness is an issue......you may have to skip this one.
I have vertigo, so won't ever get to experience this ride :guilty:, but everyone's who's been on it (and doesn't get sick :laughing:) has great things to say about it!

I dont't mind the wet clothes, its the wet sneakers I hate. So I am either going bring water shoes to wear on it or bring a crappy pair of sneakers and we them on it. Or I could even run back to the hotel for a break to change after we do any water rides.

anyways, back to your report..lol

Is Forbidden Journey like Flight of Passage right, movement wise? Loved FOP and was just curious.

Butter Beer sounds really good. I think I want to try the frozen one.

Do you have sandals that you can get wet? That's what we wore, I no way would do wet rides with shoes on! Ick!! Water shoes are a good idea. The 3 water rides are all pretty close, so doing them back to back to back and then dry up or change out shoes would work good.

FJ is more movement......the Flight of Passage doesn't really move very much.....you just feel like you're diving and such. You really do get tipped backwards enough to make you feel like you're on your head (and the need for shoulder harnesses). This is like being on a roller coaster, FofP and Soarin' combined.

Butterbeer is DELICIOUS!!!!

Yea for me motion usually doesn't bother me TOO much unless it is like spinning but the visual stuff is what bothers me more. That is why I can do roller coasters but esp now that I am older and my vision is worse those 3D rides really get to me. Even soaring now can bother me a bit if I sit in the wrong spot.

Mike's is getting worse as he ages and the fear of falling is a new thing (or at least to this degree).

I have vertigo, so won't ever get to experience this ride :guilty:, but everyone's who's been on it (and doesn't get sick :laughing:) has great things to say about it!

Oh man, that's a bummer!! I felt bad Mike couldn't do it because it's that good! I've had vertigo before.....I can't even imagine doing any type of ride with it.

Our adventure next led us to Seuss Landing!!

We decided to get goofy in some Seuss hats.

We got in line to ride The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride. Cute restful ride over Seuss Landing. (think People Mover)

One last look back (from the trolley) of the Lost Continent:

Beauty found in the details of Seuss Landing.

The fudge in these places are killing me......look at all that goodness......now times that by a 1000 and thats how good it smells in there!!

Random picks as we checked out other things in Seuss Landing.

We saw a short line to see Cat in the Hat with Thing 1 and Thing 2 (since I have twins.....Thing 1 and 2 are something we've done before at Halloween and they had the shirts)

See how cute our things are......lol

Now our photo by Universal Photos:

Mike was able to catch them without any people before we left!!

More photos from Seuss Landing:

We stopped and did a Universal Photo and here's a HUGE complaint I have with them......you can't edit them. They slapped the frame on and didn't center the picture, so the frame is on the tops of our heads and sometimes over faces.

The Lorax:

A little shopping.........

A little window shopping..........yum!

Then Sara said it was time for some Cotton Candy ($6.95 +tax).......we chose Birthday Cake flavor with Sprinkles (but we ended up with Green Apple with Sprinkles)

So Sara isn't a big girl (as you may have noticed in the pictures.......but this cotton candy was HUGE..........it covers like a 1/3 of her!!!

It was good.....I mean, it's cotton candy. The sprinkles rained all over, as they put them in between layers. We gave the janitorial guy lots to do. He talked and swept up our sprinkles as we continued to eat and rain sprinkles everywhere. (it was never ending.........) You also get lots of strange looks as people walk by.

Do you have sandals that you can get wet? That's what we wore, I no way would do wet rides with shoes on! Ick!! Water shoes are a good idea. The 3 water rides are all pretty close, so doing them back to back to back and then dry up or change out shoes would work good.

FJ is more movement......the Flight of Passage doesn't really move very much.....you just feel like you're diving and such. You really do get tipped backwards enough to make you feel like you're on your head (and the need for shoulder harnesses). This is like being on a roller coaster, FofP and Soarin' combined.

Butterbeer is DELICIOUS!!!!

No. But I do have a pair of white slip on sneakers that are crappy. I could slip them on, ride water ride and then stick them in a bag. They are very light weight

oh wow FJ sounds amazing. Can't wait to try that

Seuss Land looks so cute. Can't wait to check that out. That cotton candy looks amazing. Definitely want to try and get some of that

Your Thing 1 and Thing 2 are cute :)

LOVE Seuss landing. That is another area that is themed so well. And we have gone at Xmas twice and they really go all out on the decorations. It looks amazing. My fave rides are the trolley and cat in the hat. I agree about the pics. My new phone takes really large pixel photos and instead of cropping them down when I send them to be printed they invariably cut tops of heads off and yet leave a bunch of nothing at the bottom. I can almost see it at a place like this as it is probably a computer but when you send them to a photo developing place you would think they could fix that but I think sadly everything is computer nowadays. I have tried to crop them online before I send them but it is confusing and never seems to work. Such a bummer when you are hoping for cute pics. The fudge and cotton candy looked amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!