"I'll Do You One Better: Why is Gamora?" (WDW Vets Visit Cali, April/May 2019) Completed 6/23

Wow
What a adventure you had for the start of your vacation time with the last minute change plans just to get there

But you got there and able to do Sea World

I like your disaster planning! I always think it's better to move toward the destination whenever possible and I agree, no way am I sleeping at the airport. Your plan also made good use of the time change, because early in Denver is not early EST. ALB is my home airport, too.

Not so sure I’d be able to keep my cool with the travel changes. You guys handled it well. I like how they were like I have a solution...sleep in the airport. Bizarre. Glad you didn’t get changed charged for the night you wound up missing!

You had me hooked with the fox pictures.

I was very disappointed with the Denver airport when we connected through it. We didn't get to see any of the weird stuff in our terminal

Southwest makes it super easy to rebook flights. Our flight from San Francisco to LAX was cancelled and it was so simple to rebook. They are my favorite airline.

Looking forward to reading more!

I also listened to some music, and watched Crybaby. I love that movie, but I hadn't watched it in years, and it was even better than I remembered.
Ah I havent seen that in forever! I need to make zack watch it.
(Why is there a weird window into the shower? :rotfl:)
Only a tad creepy? *knocks* You doin okay in there still?
We then had to take a faux monorail to our terminal, but this one was way scarier than the Orlando one. For one thing it was mostly in tunnels, but it also went a lot faster and I was certain I'd fall over :rotfl:
It's also scarier because it breaks down quite a bit :eek: and somehow they never seem to have a good contingency plan for that...
Also here's some more strange airport art:
We have the weirdest art and stuff there. Have you read the conspiracy theories about the airport?
Despite the size of the airport the security was super quick
Yay! Sometimes it is crazy busy at weird times.
I was very disappointed with the Denver airport when we connected through it. We didn't get to see any of the weird stuff in our terminal
The trick with DEN is most of the weird stuff is outside of security in the main terminal. Though they are doing major work right now there so a lot is hidden currently.

Yay!! I have been excited for you to start this one!!

I'm glad the flight stuff ended up being ok...I HAAAATED that you were dealing with it, it's just the worst helpless feeling!!

I like the chandeliers in the SD hotel!!

What a lot of crazy last-minute travel changes! It makes me so happy that they didn't end up charging you for that extra night! I'm excited to hear about Sea World!

Wow
What a adventure you had for the start of your vacation time with the last minute change plans just to get there

It really was an adventure! Although I could do without airport adventures :rotfl:

I like your disaster planning! I always think it's better to move toward the destination whenever possible and I agree, no way am I sleeping at the airport. Your plan also made good use of the time change, because early in Denver is not early EST. ALB is my home airport, too.

Yeah, there was just no way we'd get any sleep in the airport. Ah that's so cool! It's a nice little airport, very nice for flying out of because it's not hectic at all.

Not so sure I’d be able to keep my cool with the travel changes. You guys handled it well. I like how they were like I have a solution...sleep in the airport. Bizarre. Glad you didn’t get changed charged for the night you wound up missing!

It was not ideal :laughing: and I was freaking out all day before we got there. It was so bizarre like I doubt we'd have gotten any sleep and it's not like we had a long flight where we could try to catch up on sleep (I also find it difficult to sleep on planes too) so I'd have been looking at staying up for more than 24 hours straight. I was happy about that too. I understand that usually they have to charge you once it's within a day of your reservation like if you have to cancel on the first night or something so I didn't expect it, but it was a nice surprise.

You had me hooked with the fox pictures.

:thumbsup2

Yeah, we didn't see a lot of of it either aside from the statue. I think the construction blocked it. I thought we were going to miss the statue too because I wasn't actually sure where it was until we drove by in the morning.

Southwest makes it super easy to rebook flights. Our flight from San Francisco to LAX was cancelled and it was so simple to rebook. They are my favorite airline.

Mine too! They've been good so far although this is the first time we had an issue when we got to the airport. We've also probably only had one flight ever get delayed before this and we usually don't have layovers so it doesn't matter.

Looking forward to reading more!

Thanks for reading along!

Ah I havent seen that in forever! I need to make zack watch it.

Yes!

Only a tad creepy? *knocks* You doin okay in there still?

I didn't even realize it was like a window until I was *in* the shower and realized I could see Josh brushed his teeth on the other side:rotfl:

It's also scarier because it breaks down quite a bit :eek: and somehow they never seem to have a good contingency plan for that...

I'm so glad I didn't know that before I got on it :rotfl:

We have the weirdest art and stuff there. Have you read the conspiracy theories about the airport?

Yes! And I saw the posters all over for it! I guess good for them for embracing it. It's kind of funny when an airport tries to have a theme, our home airport plays classical music all the time so I assume the "theme" is "trying to be fancy" :lmao:

Yay!! I have been excited for you to start this one!!
Yay I'm excited you're here! :banana:

I'm glad the flight stuff ended up being ok...I HAAAATED that you were dealing with it, it's just the worst helpless feeling!!

It is the worst feeling! I was so nervous we'd lose more than one day.

I am here as well. Glad you guys finally made it to California!

Thanks for following! :wave:

What a lot of crazy last-minute travel changes! It makes me so happy that they didn't end up charging you for that extra night! I'm excited to hear about Sea World!

It was! I was happy to see that on the bill too.

I'm so glad I didn't know that before I got on it :rotfl:
It's my one fear I try to never acknowledge when we travel. It's always like, on the news, oh the trains went down and 25% of people missed their flights... can we not run a bus or something? The terminals are literally in a straight line!
Yes! And I saw the posters all over for it! I guess good for them for embracing it. It's kind of funny when an airport tries to have a theme, our home airport plays classical music all the time so I assume the "theme" is "trying to be fancy" :lmao:
:rotfl: I forgot they put up posters for the construction. They've only started to embrace it in the last few years.

There is some weird art, have you seen this one? Children of the World Dream of Peace :confused3

cd20diaconspiracy_ac22460x-001.jpg

I think part of the cause of all the crazy theories is that a bunch of government people owned the land for the airport and made big bucks off of it... of course, they had not owned it for very long - definitely insider knowledge that that was where the airport was going so they bought a lot of it cheap, sort of in a Walt buying land in Florida under different names kind of way.

Anyways, this is my current favorite airport story, though it's not really conspiracy theory related. Did you see the big sticks in the median going to the airport?
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/19/denver-airport-panasonic-sign-dark/

I'm sorry your trip got off to such a rough start! But I'm glad you were able to get it sorted and you finally made it to SD! Those pics from the plane are gorgeous!

I agree, its worse when you just don't know whats going on with flights. Especially when its so out of your control! Definitely a good call getting a room, I feel like that would have been a nightmare sleeping in the airport. I'm sure the SW manager just didnt want you to ask for a hotel voucher lol

Nice that you were able to get your luggage in Denver too!

He was very innovative, he threaded a strip of paper though his phone case and hung it from the tray hook on the back of the chair and made himself a little TV on the back of his seat :rotfl: (which for some reason I thought was so important to tell you all that I typed it in my notes).
I saw something on buzzfeed where people get a ziploc bag and loop that through the tray hook to make a TV screen!

I saw a pic from the "I Like Scary Movies" pop-up that I'd do anything to visit and decided to join in. Love hearing about people's first time visits to Cali! :goodvibes

I would be remiss of myself to say I have to firmly disagree with you on your Endgame opinion. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm curious if you thought Infinity War was better? I seem to hear everyone who wasn't crazy about Endgame thought Infinity War was the better of the two.

It's my one fear I try to never acknowledge when we travel. It's always like, on the news, oh the trains went down and 25% of people missed their flights... can we not run a bus or something? The terminals are literally in a straight line!

That's even weirder that they have no backup when that happens! I'm so glad I didn't know about that :rotfl: Maybe that's why the guy at the airport told us to get there so early.

:rotfl: I forgot they put up posters for the construction. They've only started to embrace it in the last few years.

Yeah, they were everywhere :laughing:

There is some weird art, have you seen this one? Children of the World Dream of Peace :confused3

cd20diaconspiracy_ac22460x-001.jpg

No, I didn't see that one :rotfl:

Anyways, this is my current favorite airport story, though it's not really conspiracy theory related. Did you see the big sticks in the median going to the airport?
https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/19/denver-airport-panasonic-sign-dark/

I love it :lmao:

I'm sorry your trip got off to such a rough start! But I'm glad you were able to get it sorted and you finally made it to SD! Those pics from the plane are gorgeous!

It was so cool to see the mountains on the flight!

I agree, its worse when you just don't know whats going on with flights. Especially when its so out of your control! Definitely a good call getting a room, I feel like that would have been a nightmare sleeping in the airport. I'm sure the SW manager just didnt want you to ask for a hotel voucher lol

Nice that you were able to get your luggage in Denver too!

I don't think we would've been able to sleep at all in the airport :confused3 It felt like he was telling us to stay up for 36 hours straight. Lol you're probably right! I've heard before that if an airline delays you overnight it's up to them to pay for accommodations, but from what I was reading before the flight they aren't really responsible for that? Idk either way I was just happy they were able to change our flight so I wasn't going to ask for anything else.

Oh, I made sure we got it there they asked if we wanted it sent straight to SD, but I really didn't want it to arrive hours before we did and there were a few things we probably needed in there.

I saw something on buzzfeed where people get a ziploc bag and loop that through the tray hook to make a TV screen!

This was like a version of that only it seemed like even more work :rotfl: I don't mind holding my phone while I watch something on a plane, but if someone wants to invent a paper contraption to hold it I guess that works too.

I saw a pic from the "I Like Scary Movies" pop-up that I'd do anything to visit and decided to join in. Love hearing about people's first time visits to Cali! :goodvibes

The pop up was one of the things I was most excited about! Thanks for following along.

I would be remiss of myself to say I have to firmly disagree with you on your Endgame opinion. Different strokes for different folks, but I'm curious if you thought Infinity War was better? I seem to hear everyone who wasn't crazy about Endgame thought Infinity War was the better of the two.

Aside from my dad I haven't really had anyone agree with my opinion on it :rotfl: After thinking about it awhile and having seen Infinity War again before Endgame I'd have to say yeah, I do. I didn't like that it ended on a huge cliffhanger, and it's not my favorite Marvel movie ever, but I did like the story better and felt more emotionally invested in it and I'd say it's in my top 5. I felt like Infinity War featured some important Guardians moments (although I don't like that Gamora had to die). One reason I wasn't as crazy about Endgame is that my favorite Marvel movies are the Guardians movies and I felt the Guardians should've been more involved because Thanos is from their mythos, though I do understand it's an Avengers movie and not a Guardians movie. My favorite part of Endgame was Nebula's character development.

I also thought Endgame had a lot of filler scenes, but they left out the explanations of some important things that the Russo brothers clarified in interviews afterwards. To me it feels like they made up some of the stuff on the spot because I've heard some of the Marvel writers don't agree with certain aspects of the time travel/multiverse stuff that was introduced which to me sounds like that wasn't always the plan for the movies.

Aside from my dad I haven't really had anyone agree with my opinion on it :rotfl: After thinking about it awhile and having seen Infinity War again before Endgame I'd have to say yeah, I do. I didn't like that it ended on a huge cliffhanger, and it's not my favorite Marvel movie ever, but I did like the story better and felt more emotionally invested in it and I'd say it's in my top 5. I felt like Infinity War featured some important Guardians moments (although I don't like that Gamora had to die). One reason I wasn't as crazy about Endgame is that my favorite Marvel movies are the Guardians movies and I felt the Guardians should've been more involved because Thanos is from their mythos, though I do understand it's an Avengers movie and not a Guardians movie. My favorite part of Endgame was Nebula's character development.
I did like Endgame a lot, but somehow Infinity War hit me more emotionally while watching that. I just remember in the theatre the quietness and shock when the Snap happened. And just a hollow feeling reverberating through the whole audience. Of course we knew the characters would come back, but at that moment it was just a shock!

Endgame, I think I was emotionally prepared to say goodbye to most of those characters. Though I thought some characters fates would be reversed, but I didn’t expect to see them anymore.

I also thought Endgame had a lot of filler scenes, but they left out the explanations of some important things that the Russo brothers clarified in interviews afterwards. To me it feels like they made up some of the stuff on the spot because I've heard some of the Marvel writers don't agree with certain aspects of the time travel/multiverse stuff that was introduced which to me sounds like that wasn't always the plan for the movies.

I did like Endgame a lot, but somehow Infinity War hit me more emotionally while watching that. I just remember in the theatre the quietness and shock when the Snap happened. And just a hollow feeling reverberating through the whole audience. Of course we knew the characters would come back, but at that moment it was just a shock!

Endgame, I think I was emotionally prepared to say goodbye to most of those characters. Though I thought some characters fates would be reversed, but I didn’t expect to see them anymore.

I'm definitely going to disagree with y'all on Infinity War being more impactful emotionally since that was not the case for me. I have never cried as much as I did during Endgame and after. It definitely is in my top 5 for that reason alone. I felt like Infinity War relied too heavily on its ending which yes A HUGE SHOCK, but it all just felt like a set-up for Endgame which really felt like what years and years of these films had led up to. Infinity War just was them getting the characters that needed to meet each other for the film to work to meet each other to me (which yes, so much fun to watch but allowed little significant character development). It's still a good film, but it did not hit me like Endgame did. No Marvel film came close to hitting me like Endgame did so I definitely stand at a different opinion on that alone.

I can see what you mean about the Guardians and how that would be a downer for you. For me, their absence made sense since only two survived with only one having any real deep connection to Thanos (and heaven bless we got to see a whole Nebula centered arc, especially with some redemption for her and Gamora because YAS SPACE QUEENS). Another thing is this was the last film for the OG Avengers being all together and the last for Steve and Tony so it was a given for me that characters from the newer franchises within the MCU wouldn't feature too strongly. My personal critiques still are that they glazed over the emotional gravitas of characters like Bucky and Loki (like... why did we never see Thor ever grieving over the loss of his brother?). I'm not sure how to feel about the time travel since the way it was described was that it was an enigma even if they had an idea how to manipulate it? I guess I didn't dwell on it since I knew it was never gonna add up, especially in comparison to Ant-Man and the Wasp when we were really introduced to the Quantum Realm (and based on that film, Scott's experience being stuck there does not align with Janet's by any means). I don't know, that was something for me not to dwell on so again it makes sense where my opinion stands where it is. All critiques are valid, I guess it really is all based on what you value out of MCU films.

Yes! That’s how I felt too. Although for me it wasn’t just the snap (I had read spoilers before watching because I hadn’t gone the first weekend and was curious), but also a lot of the other stuff too (Gamora’s death, Gamora & Nebula’s relationship, when Starlord had to promise to kill her before Thanos got to her etc) was a lot more emotional to me than anything that happened in Endgame.

For Endgame a lot of theories had been floating around about who would die for awhile so I felt idk prepared? Black Widow was actually the only one I didn’t see coming.

I'm definitely going to disagree with y'all on Infinity War being more impactful emotionally since that was not the case for me. I have never cried as much as I did during Endgame and after. It definitely is in my top 5 for that reason alone. I felt like Infinity War relied too heavily on its ending which yes A HUGE SHOCK, but it all just felt like a set-up for Endgame which really felt like what years and years of these films had led up to. Infinity War just was them getting the characters that needed to meet each other for the film to work to meet each other to me (which yes, so much fun to watch but allowed little significant character development). It's still a good film, but it did not hit me like Endgame did. No Marvel film came close to hitting me like Endgame did so I definitely stand at a different opinion on that alone.

I can see what you mean about the Guardians and how that would be a downer for you. For me, their absence made sense since only two survived with only one having any real deep connection to Thanos (and heaven bless we got to see a whole Nebula centered arc, especially with some redemption for her and Gamora because YAS SPACE QUEENS). Another thing is this was the last film for the OG Avengers being all together and the last for Steve and Tony so it was a given for me that characters from the newer franchises within the MCU wouldn't feature too strongly. My personal critiques still are that they glazed over the emotional gravitas of characters like Bucky and Loki (like... why did we never see Thor ever grieving over the loss of his brother?). I'm not sure how to feel about the time travel since the way it was described was that it was an enigma even if they had an idea how to manipulate it? I guess I didn't dwell on it since I knew it was never gonna add up, especially in comparison to Ant-Man and the Wasp when we were really introduced to the Quantum Realm (and based on that film, Scott's experience being stuck there does not align with Janet's by any means). I don't know, that was something for me not to dwell on so again it makes sense where my opinion stands where it is. All critiques are valid, I guess it really is all based on what you value out of MCU films.

I definitely agree that Infinity War relied to heavily on shock value at the end and didn’t have much character development for most characters. I didn’t like that part of it, but overall I guess I just felt more emotionally invested. I was actually surprised to find that I didn’t get emotional at all during Endgame since I expected to. (Although Infinity War isn’t my favorite Marvel movie either, Guardians 2 tops my list and probably makes me the most emotional too).

I agree with that too. I knew it made sense for the Guardians not to feature super heavily in these movies, but I still wish they’d had a little more since I felt like there were quite a few filler scenes. I did feel like Infinity War did have a lot of good Guardians parts, but I did love Nebula’s growth in Endgame. Yes I love her and Gamora’s growth & relationship!
And I know their story isn’t over like some of the Avengers were, I’m sure that the 3rd Guardians movie will be a satisfying and emotional end for those characters.

They did gloss over some characters. I did think after there were some characters that were hardly mentioned or not at all. I do agree that the time travel stuff is probably supposed to be taken as it is, without looking at it too hard but I just didn’t really like that. I thought the way they did the time travel left too many questions for me. I’m overall not crazy about time travel and multiverses being introduced so I think that’s part of why I didn’t like the movie as much. (My dad says the way they did things in the comics involved the Quantum Realm, although it was different in name and the way it worked).

In one of the interviews afterwards the Russos also clarified the Soul Stone=permeant death. I was also disappointed with that since I’d hoped those in it would be able to be rescued vs old versions of them being pulled from the time line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter