Illuminations being replaced after summer 2019

Glad I get to see it a few more times before its gone.
It will be interesting to see what they replace it with.
Less fireworks, more drones. Something totally different?
Just like Wishes, they set the bar high. Hopefully the replacement is more HEA and not RoL.

I adore Illuminations and it has been my favorite nighttime show of all time and is also my 10 year old son's favorite show as well, but after 20 years it's replacement was inevitable and we accepted that.

My next trip is January 2019 and I am SO RELIEVED and ECSTATIC that we will get to give it a proper goodbye rather than having it yanked at short notice. The rumors that it would be gone very very soon for a temporary show were distressing. It will make this trip super special for us and we will be sure to catch it as often as we possibly can. I would not have been able to plan a trip any sooner as a single mom who saves hard for vacations. I cannot tell you how glad I am of this news even if sad that Illuminations is going at all. We LOVE HEA as a Wishes replacement and have high hopes for Illuminations. My son will be thrilled too (at least that we'll be able to catch it again before it goes away!)

Because of my situation I have been there for Illuminations hundreds of times and although I still enjoy it, it's time for it to go. So like me, it's time for retirement.

Ack... if we could get an actual date...we just returned and will be back the first week of Sept. I really hope it's still showing then, but not sure what they mean by summer, actual summer or August? Either way it'll be sad for us to see it go, but hopefully we get to see it one last time.

I am so happy we get to say goodbye to Illuminations this December (bonus WITH the amazing holiday tag) but I am ready for something new and exciting at Epcot. Don't get me wrong...we LOVE Illuminations, but it is time to let it retire and bring in some fresh blood to Epcot.

Ack... if we could get an actual date...we just returned and will be back the first week of Sept. I really hope it's still showing then, but not sure what they mean by summer, actual summer or August? Either way it'll be sad for us to see it go, but hopefully we get to see it one last time.
August is actual summer.

This makes me sad for sentimental reasons, but I'm always excited for new things! Glad they let us know well enough in advance.

Well.....I hate this. Illuminations has always been my favorite part of the WDW experience. I've not been back to WDW since 2012 and was hoping for possibly a Christmas 2019 trip. Reflections of Earth is amazing, but with the Christmas tag, it was untouchable. I do get that those of you who get to do WDW yearly are ready for a change. But for us West Coasters who can't get out there frequently (or even at all these days), we'll miss it terribly.

Guess i'll be pulling out all my home movies tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter