Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

For those of you who have done this did any of you have a 10pm IllumiNations that night? I have a ressie for this on Saturday night and IllumiNations is at 10pm. My conformation email says to show up at 8pm, but MDE says 9pm. Just wondering what you all did. I figured I will show up at 8, or stop earlier, and clarify.

Haven't done yet, but doing tonight. I was surprised to see on MDE the reservation time changed from 8 to 9, so we checked at the podium a few minutes ago and they confirmed for nights when the show is at 10, check-in starts at 8:45.

Haven't done yet, but doing tonight. I was surprised to see on MDE the reservation time changed from 8 to 9, so we checked at the podium a few minutes ago and they confirmed for nights when the show is at 10, check-in starts at 8:45.
Can you let us know how it all goes for you tonight? I am booked for Monday.

We did this package last night and it went mostly well.

We were told check-in wouldn't start until 8:45, but arrived at 8:40 to see if we could be seated, only to find we were one of the last parties there. All of the tables were already seated with drinks, so getting there earlier would have been better.

We were seated at the dreaded table next to the gate, but it turned out not to be an issue. Our table was large enough for 4-5 people, but there were only 2 of us, so we just moved the chairs to be out of the path. Also only 2 people used the gate the whole night.

Our waitress, while super nice, seemed to have more tables than the others, so service was painfully slow. It took about 20 minutes to get our first drink order, all the while we saw other tables being served their second. Our second drink order took even longer, our glasses including water glasses sat empty for about 30 minutes before our waitress came back to fill them. At that point we put in a double order since we figured it would take forever if we wanted more.

Food was good, they had runners bringing it out so it came out a lot faster than the drinks!

The fireworks were fantastic, the view was awesome! The wind unfortunately was blowing towards us, so we ended up with a lot of smoke and ashes blowing on us. Not horrible, but more surprising the amount of ashes that were landing on us.

Other observations, we only saw one table in the second row, it was a setting for 3. Not sure if there were more further in. Also, it seemed the tables further in had much better service, their waiters were constantly over there while the 4-5 tables closest to the gate didn't see much of our waitress.

We were served dessert right before the fireworks, but opted to eat afterwards. We never felt rushed to finish, so that was nice.

We ate at the Rose & Crown on our last visit so we could see the fire works (Nov 2018). I had the Bangers & Mash very yummy but dh had the fish and chips and said it was inedible. The view was OK. After seeing this dining package, I won't do this again. $85 per person is not worth it. You can get a fast pass if you really want a good spot for the fire works. There are far better places to eat at in Epcot.

I think this is a complete waste of money.

We ate at the Rose & Crown on our last visit so we could see the fire works (Nov 2018). I had the Bangers & Mash very yummy but dh had the fish and chips and said it was inedible. The view was OK. After seeing this dining package, I won't do this again. $85 per person is not worth it. You can get a fast pass if you really want a good spot for the fire works. There are far better places to eat at in Epcot.

I think this is a complete waste of money.

This package wasn't offered until January 2019, so this is really a different thing. We've done both, and the fireworks package is a significantly more upscale and special experience than just having a dining reservation during the fireworks. They are very different experiences.

I really wish that bookings would be extended for the new show!

I do too! We went in August and loved it! My DH always orders the bangers and mash and I always order the fish and chips. I've never had bad fish and chips there and I've eaten there dozens of times.

We are here for the final Illuminations and I already started crying as they moved the globe into the starting position for the last time, and I do not cry! The staff has been fabulous, I will post more later it just started absolutely pouring!!!! These CMs are rock stars!

We are here for the final Illuminations and I already started crying as they moved the globe into the starting position for the last time, and I do not cry! The staff has been fabulous, I will post more later it just started absolutely pouring!!!! These CMs are rock stars!
We were there tonight too. I was the one ugly crying at the rail 😜. We got wet when it first started but then it stopped. Felt bad for all the people sitting around the showcase all day only to get poured on twice! For us tonight was worth every penny. View was amazing, food was great, service was great. The staff was good at keeping people from sitting on our stuff and our table while we were down on the lower level watching. I can’t believe it’s all done. Was sad to see the globe leave the lagoon for the last time.

I just checked and there is a new Epcot Forever Dining Package at Rose and Crown, but weirdly all of December except New Years is greyed out, but every day in November and January is available. Are they just not planning to show Epcot Forever during December?

I just checked and there is a new Epcot Forever Dining Package at Rose and Crown, but weirdly all of December except New Years is greyed out, but every day in November and January is available. Are they just not planning to show Epcot Forever during December?
I think they'll show Epcot Forever in December. I'm assuming because Rose and Crown has Candlelight Processional Packages booked in December, they won't have availability for the Epcot Forever dining packages.

I think they'll show Epcot Forever in December. I'm assuming because Rose and Crown has Candlelight Processional Packages booked in December, they won't have availability for the Epcot Forever dining packages.
Ah, that makes sense! I thought since the CP packages are earlier in the day perhaps it wouldn’t impact this. Wonder if that means there is a chance to make a regular reservation and still get an outside table?

can you used a dining credit for this package? going in Jan 2020
never mind - I just looked and saw that it was a big fat NO. Now, I currently have 7:45pm ADRs for R&C on 1/30. I was hoping to ask for outside seating with the idea that we'd (hopefully) be able to view Epcot Forever. Am I out of luck because of those with the dining package? If so, I'm likely to cancel this ADR and eat somewhere else.

There is still outdoor seating available on the upper balcony facing the water that your can request. I've sat up there before and was equally pleased with the view. You will want to avoid the balcony seating that wraps around the side. Those views can be obstructed by other tables/guests.

Just keep in mind that if it is raining the package guests will be given the upper balcony. This is what happened last night, it rained just before seating time so the manager moved all the seating from the lower to the upper balcony for the package. Her plan was to have the lower tables dried off for Illuminations viewing and then give package guests the option to move down for viewing and dessert, but right as they were drying the last table it poured for a very short period of time negating all their work. A few package tables still moved to the lower seating for the show, but we had a great table on the upper balcony so we just stayed where we were instead of having the staff dry the chairs yet again.

never mind - I just looked and saw that it was a big fat NO. Now, I currently have 7:45pm ADRs for R&C on 1/30. I was hoping to ask for outside seating with the idea that we'd (hopefully) be able to view Epcot Forever. Am I out of luck because of those with the dining package? If so, I'm likely to cancel this ADR and eat somewhere else.

Many people reported that there was a standing room area to view illuminations for people dining at R&C who didn’t have the package. I don’t know if this will continue with Epcot forever.

Many people reported that there was a standing room area to view illuminations for people dining at R&C who didn’t have the package. I don’t know if this will continue with Epcot forever.
There is room for about 25-30 people there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter